PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen Live At Joe Louis

bearweiman
03.23.05, 04:56 PM
hey does anybody know if this is true or not. I have this show on CD but sammy keeps mention Grand Rapids Michigan during the show and not Detriot.
Did I get riped off buy someone saying this show was recorded in Detriot but is the Grand Rapids show insted. The reason I am asking this I read an article with Sammy saying that the show in Detriot was the best show on the tour.

Runaround
03.23.05, 05:49 PM
They actually played Grand Rapids, The Joe, and The Palace over the course of a weekend. I believe GR was the first of the three shows but I could be wrong.

LoveWalkinIn
03.23.05, 06:18 PM
You can verify whether or not its the show from Joe Louis many ways. Here's two:

-Before Sammy plays Eagles Fly, he mentions how he's going to be fucked up for two more days, and also that they should rename the arena the "Tommy Hearns Arena"

-In Ed's solo he plays a small portion of Drop Dead Legs

bearweiman
03.23.05, 06:29 PM
I guess I got screwed because Sammy mentions Grands Rapids Michigan alot during the show. The Artwork on the cd says live from Joe Louis Arena but I guess the show is from Grand Rapids. To bad because I read an article on a website where Sammy mentions that the show at Joe Louis was the best show of the tour.

Hagar4ever
03.23.05, 08:08 PM
The best way to tell for sure is during ATBL, Eds guitar is unplugged for about 20 seconds. By the way, that JLA show was unbeliveable!!!!!!!!

LoveWalkinIn
03.23.05, 09:11 PM
I guess I got screwed because Sammy mentions Grands Rapids Michigan alot during the show. The Artwork on the cd says live from Joe Louis Arena but I guess the show is from Grand Rapids. To bad because I read an article on a website where Sammy mentions that the show at Joe Louis was the best show of the tour. Yeah, in terms of the overall performance, Joe Louis was the best of the six I went to. Although I enjoyed the Indy show more, but I think that was just because it was the first one I went to.

Hagar4ever
03.25.05, 07:41 AM
I was at the first show in Greensboro, and then a month later at JLA. The difference was unreal. The boys were perfect that night and the crowd, was quite possibly the loudest I have ever heard. I would give anything for a DVD of that show.

Interceptor
03.27.05, 06:58 AM
Its been a couple of months since I searched, but to my knowledge Grand Rapids is the only one of the 3 Michigan shows I could find a DVD of. The others (Joe Louis, Palace) I could only find the audio. BTW, on the GR DVD, that's my red Cabo shirt Sammy puts on his head during Right Now!!

VH122
03.27.05, 08:16 AM
The best way to tell for sure is during ATBL, Eds guitar is unplugged for about 20 seconds. By the way, that JLA show was unbeliveable!!!!!!!!
Yes it was,thanks Sherri!

vh_chick
03.30.06, 11:58 AM
Its been a couple of months since I searched, but to my knowledge Grand Rapids is the only one of the 3 Michigan shows I could find a DVD of. The others (Joe Louis, Palace) I could only find the audio. BTW, on the GR DVD, that's my red Cabo shirt Sammy puts on his head during Right Now!!

Hey- I'd be interested in a boot of the JLA show. I was there, but waaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back! That's what convinced me to go Golden Rings again in Chicago! LOL

PM me if you can help!

Shari