PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Fly 2004

DaveB
03.08.05, 08:21 PM
I was recently lucky enough to have a fellow linker (thanks again :thumb: ) share some boots with me, one of which the majority (if not it's entirety) was taken from the Balance tour...now on it, Sammy does Eagles Fly, and at the end, the whole band kicks in and plays it...did this happen at all in 2004?? Even if they didn't, the fact the Sam still did his solo leads me to think that the guys really were/are still cool with one another, and that aside from the eternal silence, all of the drama between members is somewhat exagerrated by us starving fans on the internet...(mods, I could see this spinning into opinion/spec, but the root of my question is in regards to performances on this tour, but feel free to move, of course...)

vheddyrmv8
03.08.05, 08:29 PM
At the St. Paul tour I was at, Sam alone did Eagles Fly, and the lighers rose! I haven't heard of any show where the band kicked in with him. Each band member had their own solo and that was Sam's. He told everyone how he made it in 1985 when he just joined VH. Anyones show different?

LoveWalkinIn
03.08.05, 08:35 PM
The band never kicked in at the end of the song. He actually used his solo as a sort of little medley with Eagles Fly and some other song like Deeper Kinda Love, Tropic of Capricorn, or I Can't Drive 55 after the solo. Out of the 6 shows I went to he only continued w/Eagles Fly twice, the other times he played part of another song after half of Eagles Fly.

Raldo
03.09.05, 06:10 AM
In Worcester and Hartford, the band did NOT join in with Sammy. They did do it on the Balance and RHRN tours. It sound amazing with the band behind it.

axebrian
03.09.05, 06:12 AM
In STL Sammy did the first half of Eagles Fly,then went off on some lead jam "thingee" and then came back and finished Eagles Fly.

elvhfan
03.09.05, 07:25 AM
for the love of all that is holy...do we really need to hear eagles fly at every friggin' show?....it was bearable on tha balance tour when the band would come in at the end...but christ...enough with the eagles fly!

DaveB
03.09.05, 07:56 AM
for the love of all that is holy...do we really need to hear eagles fly at every friggin' show?....it was bearable on tha balance tour when the band would come in at the end...but christ...enough with the eagles fly!

I think most people only see them once per tour, so I'm sure the majority of people at each show don't mind at all...though I see your point if you see them more than twice per tour...but then again, I wouldn't want to hear Jump 6 times at 6 shows, either...

ilkili
03.09.05, 08:14 AM
If they never play Eaglesfly, Jump or ATAL ever again. I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

VHfan79
03.09.05, 08:45 AM
I saw them on 11/03/04 In Milwaukee,WI. Sammy did Eagles Fly and I Can't Drive 55 solo. I wished the band would have joined him for 55.

axebrian
03.09.05, 09:01 AM
I don't think Ed is interested in promoting Sammy's solo career and that's why the band didn't/wouldn't participate in Sammy's solo songs on this tour, IMO.

DaveB
03.09.05, 10:58 AM
I don't think Ed is interested in promoting Sammy's solo career and that's why the band didn't/wouldn't participate in Sammy's solo songs on this tour, IMO.

If that's the case, I'm not sure they'd let him do it at all...

axebrian
03.09.05, 11:26 AM

If that's the case, I'm not sure they'd let him do it at all...
IMO, I think it was understood that Sammy was going to play what ever he wanted during his solo time.

jf9105
03.11.05, 11:12 AM
I was OKC, sammy did part of eagles fly then toby keith cam out and they did a song theywhen toby was leaving the band did they usual end of song jam

axebrian
03.11.05, 12:05 PM
I was OKC, sammy did part of eagles fly then toby keith cam out and they did a song theywhen toby was leaving the band did they usual end of song jam
I heard Toby did "I love this Bar" right? BTW.... what is "usual end of song jam"? :wtf:

LittleGuitars99
03.11.05, 01:31 PM
Grab a boot from the outdoor tour for RHRN Live, Sam does Give To Live i believe, and then the band does the entire Eagles Fly and it gives you goose bumps, some of the melodic shit Ed is doing is incredible.

jrk5150
03.12.05, 08:26 PM
IMO, the soloing Ed does over the end of Eagle's Fly on the Balance tour - taken from the Toronto PPV but I also remember it live, is some of the best he's ever done. Melodic, soulful, it's just magic. THAT's how the guitar should be played... :cool:

WinterlessIceness
03.13.05, 04:52 AM
I like Sammy playing on Eagles Fly. I have Greenboro boot and his solo between EF and DKOL is amazing, just as it suits both tunes. I don't think it's that important for a band to join him during, or in the end of Sam's solo.

ericjt
03.23.05, 12:15 PM
Actually, for the 04 Tour it was Sammy himself who said he didn't want the band doing Sammy songs. He wanted the focus to be on VH.
For his "solo" spot, he was free to do whatever he wanted and he changed it up a lot throughout.

As far as Eagles Fly goes, it was done with the band in full during 93 and halfway during 95.