PDA

View Full Version : Nov 10 Hamilton, ON Copps Coliseum

OLO
01.13.05, 02:07 PM
Nov 10 Hamilton, ON Copps Coliseum

Reviews.

MF5150
01.13.05, 03:42 PM
Well if nobody's gonna post anything I will.

The overall concert was good. Not as good as Toronto but it was still a good show. I didn't have the best seats on the house but we were fairly close. During the concert Jetguy was at the bar getting drinks served to him by Mr. Michael Anthony himself. Lucky guy. Got to see Motionblur and AtomicPunk something I can't remember the exact screen name but he had 5 Stars AGAIN!!! During the show Sammy seemed a little less interactive with Ed. Also the band wasn't really interacting with the 5 Stars as much as they were with the rings. Although there was a lot less fan interaction. That's what I saw. ed was playing pretty good. Figuring I got to actually hear the concert this time because I was in the stands and not in front row this time. One unique thing was that at the beginning of When It's Love Ed briefly uses the drill. Just as the keyboards kicked in he picked up the Poundcake drill and used it. That's the first time I have ver headr him use the drill on anything else other than Poundcake. Sammy played Can't Drive 55. That was the only set list change. Good show overall!!!

Sleazy
09.28.05, 07:10 PM
I also took in this show, as well as the Toronto show. I thought this was a very fun show. Eddie's solo to me was the best solo I've heard him do out of the shows I've seen live in a venue (III Tour: Buffalo & Toronto. BOBW Tour: Toronto & Hamilton). He just seemed to possessed and played variations I've never heard before. Jonas also played well as an opener. Very fun show!!

LittleGuitars99
09.29.05, 08:00 AM
This show was the worst Van Halen experience of my life, Ed was the worst I have ever seen him, very hard to watch, a brutal experience, the band overall seemed tired. The Toronto show and Buffalo were both 100 times better, I try not to remember this night, even being second row, it was just hard to watch.

MF5150
09.29.05, 02:55 PM
This show was the worst Van Halen experience of my life, Ed was the worst I have ever seen him, very hard to watch, a brutal experience, the band overall seemed tired. The Toronto show and Buffalo were both 100 times better, I try not to remember this night, even being second row, it was just hard to watch.

I personally don't know if I can say that any of us could have a TERRIBLE VH experience. What I mean, is that we love VH correct? So it will still be great to see them live any time.

I admit it was pretty bad compared to Toronto. But Toronto was a great show. I mean hard to watch? I dn't know about that but we're all entitle to an opinion. It was a sub-par show tho. But sub-par VH is still better for me than any of these new bands today!

LittleGuitars99
09.29.05, 06:07 PM
I personally don't know if I can say that any of us could have a TERRIBLE VH experience. What I mean, is that we love VH correct? So it will still be great to see them live any time.

I admit it was pretty bad compared to Toronto. But Toronto was a great show. I mean hard to watch? I dn't know about that but we're all entitle to an opinion. It was a sub-par show tho. But sub-par VH is still better for me than any of these new bands today!

That was the first time I have ever heard a few people boo Ed, I felt sorry for him during his solo, I was afraid someone was going to yell "play something for Christ's sake". It was cool to have them so close to home, but thank God I didn't bring any first timers that night, I would have been embarrassed. The Toronto show was much better, but the overall vibe from the band was better in Buffalo.

lwk5150
09.30.05, 10:06 AM
Here's a picture I took during the show - I was front row center and got 2 rolls of film off.

http://home1.gte.net/kruszka/vh_ham.jpg

Sleazy
09.30.05, 01:29 PM
NICE photo!! I was in row 6, just behind you by the looks of things.

I've heard people rag on this show, but I don't think it was as bad as some people make it out to be at all. I was also in Toronto. Both nights were good as far as I was concerned. :)

MF5150
10.01.05, 10:26 AM
That was the first time I have ever heard a few people boo Ed, I felt sorry for him during his solo, I was afraid someone was going to yell "play something for Christ's sake". It was cool to have them so close to home, but thank God I didn't bring any first timers that night, I would have been embarrassed. The Toronto show was much better, but the overall vibe from the band was better in Buffalo.

I agree with that. My mom and I brought a friend of her's from work and he didn't seem to impressed. I guess I was just excited because I got to actually hear most of the music in Hamilton as opposed to Toronto where it was way too loud where I was.