PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax in Florida

MikeL
10.08.01, 07:59 PM
So what do y'all think about that? And how the hell did they figure out the one guy had spores in his nose?!

seenbad
10.08.01, 08:15 PM
Well, they say that it is a place where tabloid media has an office.

Looks like a suspect would be an east asian fella that left the school last spring leaving a suspicious email about his return or something.

They also believe that the anthrax was in a crude form (not high tech like the russkies made) of a soapy powder and put in an envelope titled "Jennifer Lopez love letter".

What do I think? I think that anthrax simply isnt available to anybody but governments and terrorists, and that the latter are involved. I also think we should still expect a lot more of this shit to come....

Dan Halen
10.08.01, 08:59 PM
Oh man, I thought this was going to be a thread about the band Anthrax. smilies/wink.gif

Van Gully
10.09.01, 06:14 AM
Unfotunately, seenbad is right. This war is going to be fought here as well as in Afganhistan.

Zadian
10.09.01, 02:38 PM
This will be a war unlike any other. There will be no clear battlefield, soldiers will not be the only casualties, they will not be the only targets.

tap1966
10.09.01, 03:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:

Looks like a suspect would be an east asian fella that left the school last spring leaving a suspicious email about his return or something.

They also believe that the anthrax was in a crude form (not high tech like the russkies made) of a soapy powder and put in an envelope titled "Jennifer Lopez love letter".
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The FBI has dismissed both of these as false rumours.

ANGEL4U
10.11.01, 06:08 PM
A man walked into a local business and paid for his items...as the clerk took his money, he says to her that "she has just touched anthrax" (not exact quote, but you get the idea). They are looking for the guy as he is in trouble now for doing this.

My question is, isn't this an airborne germ? In a powder form, it just dies when it lands on something? Now, I'm not sure, but I would guess it'd have to be snorted like cocaine in powder form smilies/redface.gif smilies/confused.gif

seenbad
10.11.01, 06:42 PM
Not really. The spores can let themselves loose like the lightest dust partical you can think of. The powdery soap form is one of the cruder and inefficient methods of delivery, but it works.

tap1966
10.11.01, 07:51 PM
Anthrax (the band) comments on their name and recent events
http://www.anthrax.com/