PDA

View Full Version : International Response

tap1966
09.17.01, 12:53 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,34485,00.html

seenbad
09.17.01, 01:20 PM
Now that is a pretty damn usefull link. I hope they keep it updated in the exact format it is in right now.

Goo
09.17.01, 01:37 PM
hey nice one Fox news! Wheres Australia smilies/mad.gif

For the record, we activate the anzus treaty effectively meaning we're at war too. Also at the US's request, one of our warships is leaving the gulf to 'help out' with something as yet unknown

seenbad
09.17.01, 01:50 PM
Fuck n' A mate! Proud to fight with the Aussies. I met and drank with a few of your sailors when I was over there and I'll tell ya, they were some tough sumbitches. I'd rather have em on my side than the other any day. Thats good news man.

HippieGoddess
09.17.01, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the link... good to know China's position, have a relative there teaching English, I finally got an email from her today. The media has been hounding her for her reaction. (She is one of 17 American's in a city of roughly 6 milion.)

tap1966
09.17.01, 02:20 PM
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/picture/0,,2001320130,00.jpg

AbeVanHalen
09.17.01, 10:00 PM
Anyone find it odd that Israel is not cooperating with the US on this right now? Last I heard, they refused to offer use of their land or forces in our cause. smilies/confused.gif

tap1966
09.18.01, 06:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:
Anyone find it odd that Israel is not cooperating with the US on this right now? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any co-operation from Israel will be covert.

AbeVanHalen
09.18.01, 06:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:

Any co-operation from Israel will be covert.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That oughta sit well with the families of those Americans who may die in defense of Israel, not to mention the general public.

MikeL
09.18.01, 07:34 AM
No one is talking about defending Israel, Abe. They've shown they do that just fine themselves. Israel will have 'special' consideration, just like it did during the Gulf War. They're in a bad spot to be giving us direct aid, for rather obvious reasons.

tap1966
09.18.01, 09:14 AM
Maybe Israel should move a battalion of tanks from the West Bank to the frontline of Indiana to defend the freedom of Americans to post to the internet. smilies/rolleyes.gif

The US hasn't committed forces to anywhere yet , why are other countries being criticized for not doing it? It's retarded.

Much as some people would like to watch 5 year old muslim kids (aka future terrorists) being massacred live on CNN - that's just not how this so-called war will be fought. The Bush administration has made that perfectly clear if you bother to listen. I'm sure Israel are doing exactly what Colin Powell tells them to do.

lawchick
09.18.01, 09:17 AM
Wow, Jonathan! Thanks for the casualties map. It is a sobering perspective on the global nature of this catastrophe, and good to keep in mind -- this is not just an American tragedy.

ScottRoberts
09.18.01, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeL:
No one is talking about defending Israel, Abe. They've shown they do that just fine themselves. Israel will have 'special' consideration, just like it did during the Gulf War. They're in a bad spot to be giving us direct aid, for rather obvious reasons.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right. Since they're a tiny sliver of land surrounded by hostile Arabs on all sides, it's in their best interest not to vocally show support towards the Americans (not that Israel couldn't adequately defend themselves). Doing so would provoke an all-war between them and the Arabs.

ANGEL4U
09.18.01, 11:59 AM
who made this page big? smilies/mad.gif smilies/wink.gif j/k

AbeVanHalen
09.18.01, 12:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:
Maybe Israel should move a battalion of tanks from the West Bank to the frontline of Indiana to defend the freedom of Americans to post to the internet. smilies/rolleyes.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice sarcasm, especially considering the source. I suggest that Israel sitting on the fence isn't going to go over too well with Americans; I couldn't care less what the British think. smilies/rolleyes.gif

MikeL
09.18.01, 12:55 PM
I certainly don't think we need any other countries involved militarily. Give us access to airspace, sealanes, and perhaps airfields and staging areas. Keep everything else out of it. A multi-national force wouldn't be able to function nearly as effectively as a solely-US force could.

We don't need Israel involved, and it doesn't benefit us to have them involved. What's the issue??