seenbad
09.13.01, 11:26 PM
Russian Intel Warns CIA -
Next Target A US Nuclear Facility
Source: Ren TV, Moscow
in Russian 0900 gmt 12 Sep 01
BBC Monitoring BBC
9-13-1

Russian intelligence warns CIA that more attacks imminent BBC Monitoring Service - United Kingdom Sep 12, 2001

Text of report by Russian Ren TV on 12 September Presenter - Yelena Meshcheryakova

Russian intelligence agents know the organizers and executors of the terrorist attacks in the USA. They are Usamah Bin-Laden's organization, the Islamic movement of Uzbekistan and the Taleban [Afghan] government.

According to the internet publication news.ru, Russia's foreign intelligence special envoy told the CIA that there were at least two Uzbeks among the suicide terrorists. Our security services are warning the USA that what happened on Tuesday is just the beginning, and that the next target of the terrorists will be an American nuclear facility.

Source: Ren TV, Moscow, in Russian 0900 gmt 12 Sep 01 BBC Monitoring/ BBC. World Reporter All Material Subject to Copyright

AbeVanHalen
09.14.01, 02:23 AM
Intelligence is going to be the biggest stateside weapon we have. After the Clinton administration left it for dead, and since the cold war ended, it became one of our Achilles' heels. Our best defense against whatever the next targets will be is our information gathering. We must be proactive; we have quickly learned that REactive intelligence is too late.

We have the next generation of a red scare on our hands. We are going to have to be willing to use the slime of our society if they can get the job done, regardless of how we feel about them and their methods.

It is WAR, NOT diplomacy. If that means shaking hands with the devil, so be it.

Dave G 5150
09.14.01, 07:05 AM
What worries me about these type of reports is living just 20 miles from Pantex. For you who may not be familiar with what Pantex is, it is the nation's largest facility for dismantling and upgrading our nuclear weapons. I have many friends employed there, and am also trying to get a job there, myself. I guess the encouraging part is that we are located very close to the center of the country, so attacks from outside of the country are very difficult to accomplish. But as we have seen, attacks can come from right here in our own backyard. smilies/frown.gif smilies/cry.gif

OLO
09.14.01, 12:44 PM
There is a big nuclear facility in South Eastern Washington called Hanford, it borders the Columbia River. It would be very very bad if something was to happen at Hanford. I goose hunt 10 miles from the main entrance to Hanford, there are armed guards. I have heard there are cameras and all kinds of high tech security. My buddy and I always joke about the glowing green geese.

seenbad
09.14.01, 12:48 PM
Hanford was filled with cement and de-activated many years ago though. I certainly hope its not a target. I could almost see it from my house.

ANGEL4U
09.15.01, 08:05 AM
they announced the other targets on the news last night.....

Boston
Richmond, Ind.
Atlanta

smilies/mad.gif

funbastard
09.16.01, 09:29 PM
a nuclear facility, huh? well, more than likely it would be oak ridge, tn since that's symbolic of nuclear warfare (where the atomic bomb was built). they're going after symbolic locations. it really sucks too, cause i only live 20 minutes from it. smilies/frown.gif

AbeVanHalen
09.17.01, 02:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
they announced the other targets on the news last night.....

Boston
Richmond, Ind.
Atlanta

smilies/mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's odd, considering that not only is there nothing nuclear in Richmond, there are ZERO nuclear facilities in the entire state of Indiana. smilies/confused.gif

So, if Richmond is a target, it's for some other reason. And considering how small a town it is, I can't see any tactical reason for it, especially considering it's listed with Atlanta and Boston. It's clearly nowhere near in the same league as those cities.

???

[ September 17, 2001 at 02:28 AM: Message edited by: AbeVanHalen ]

ANGEL4U
09.17.01, 04:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:

That's odd, considering that not only is there nothing nuclear in Richmond, there are ZERO nuclear facilities in the entire state of Indiana. smilies/confused.gif

So, if Richmond is a target, it's for some other reason. And considering how small a town it is, I can't see any tactical reason for it, especially considering it's listed with Atlanta and Boston. It's clearly nowhere near in the same league as those cities.

???

[ September 17, 2001 at 02:28 AM: Message edited by: AbeVanHalen ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My neighbor saw on the news that these were targets that were supposed to be hit on Tuesday...nothing to do with nuclear plants.
I didn't see this, just took his word.

Funby......I have a ton of family down there, also smilies/frown.gif

diggyd
09.17.01, 05:36 AM
I would watch over nuclear facilities and our rail system. A train can make an awfully big mess. I don't see anything on the magnitude of what happened last week ever happening again. Everyone is on the alert. You will still see attacks but not as big thank God. The only other thing I'm concerned about is chemical and viral attacks. We need to assasinate this Bin Layin' character...fast!

Stuff No More
09.17.01, 11:08 AM
Maybe they meant Richmond, Virginia.

seenbad
09.17.01, 11:17 AM
That would make sense.

HippieGoddess
09.17.01, 11:56 AM
I live smack dap in between two nuclear facilities... one in Monticello, Minnesota, the other in Red Wing, Minnesota.
smilies/scared.gif

Not only that, but the one of the terrorists behind Tuesday's attack had a brother that lived in Saint Paul, (the terrorist himself had a Minnesota ID with the brother's addy) and they tried to pay $10,000 to train in a jet simulator in Eagan. The private firm that owns the simulator became suspicious and notified authorities before the training ever happened, but the man was never found.
The brother that has the Saint Paul addy has not been located yet.

tribb
09.17.01, 12:34 PM
Assainating Bin Ladin won't do much of anything. Kind of like putting a tiny bandage on a broken leg.
He's only one player in the puzzle. look at a country like china, who's signed one treaty after another, and broken them all, continuing to give nuclear and weapon technology to nations who are mortal enemies of the US. They also have the ability to monitor by satellite and pass along the information. Those little bastards are just as guilty.
This was a combined effort by different countries and those who helped them.

Georgie
09.17.01, 02:35 PM
They won't need to come and get it . . .we'll be sending it to them! smilies/wink.gif

Eddymon
09.17.01, 04:23 PM
It will be very hard for anyone to get anywhere near a nuclear plant.
But there are alot of followers here and I'm sure that there were or are more attacks planned in some way.
Whether by plane or train or car bomb, they won't go quietly.

Stuff No More
09.18.01, 06:18 AM
I wouldn't be worried about them targeting a nuclear facility. I'd be more worried about them releasing biological or chemical agents in population centers or water supplies.

Think of the devistation anthrax in the water supply of New York would cause.

Georgie
09.21.01, 01:48 PM
There are two forms of medication that completely wipe out Anthrax. It is available in all Pharmacies. One of them is Cipro. I can't remember the other one. You normally need a prescription to get this medication but I am sure hospitals and regular availability will be made possible.