PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass Falwell blames attack on gays and abortionists

tap1966
09.14.01, 10:51 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/14/Falwell.apology/index.html

FORD
09.14.01, 10:59 AM
Proof that dangerous narrow minded insane extremists exist in ALL religions.

Wolfman
09.14.01, 11:09 AM
JiminyFuckingCricket. smilies/mad.gif

This is the kind of thing I was alluding to in the Bible thread last week. It's assholes like this that make faith such a mockery to outsiders and people of different religious backgrounds or views. (even more smilies/mad.gif )

The irony here is that it's jackasses like Falwell that rive deep clefts into the unity of our nation as they would suggest all the other groups he mentioned did. (now I'm REALLY smilies/mad.gif )

lawchick
09.14.01, 11:21 AM
Falwell has his beliefs, and he is entitled to them. But let's not spread his negative, bigotous language by linking to it here. With all the good that Americans are doing right now, the last thing we should do is give a second of attention to hate-mongers like Falwell.

ANGEL4U
09.14.01, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfman:
JiminyFuckingCricket. smilies/mad.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

smilies/biggrin.gif smilies/mad.gif smilies/biggrin.gif smilies/mad.gif my grandpa used to say that smilies/biggrin.gif smilies/mad.gif
I'll pass comment on the rest since I believe it's bullshit smilies/rolleyes.gif

Wolfman
09.14.01, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawchick:
Falwell has his beliefs, and he is entitled to them. But let's not spread his negative, bigotous language by linking to it here. With all the good that Americans are doing right now, the last thing we should do is give a second of attention to hate-mongers like Falwell.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're absolutely right. Thanks, lawchick. smilies/smile.gif

tap1966
09.14.01, 12:24 PM
Personally I don't think anyone's views should be suppressed in this tragedy. Like it or not, religion is playing a heavy part in all this. Am I the only one who has heard the phrase "muslim extremists" in the last few days? Isn't this an attack on the US and freedom - don't the enemy win if those freedoms are suppressed.

Of course, this is Brett's board not the USA. I'll leave it up to the moderators to decide whether such links are inappropriate.

Brett
09.14.01, 12:43 PM
Can't believe he forgot the Jews too. smilies/rolleyes.gif Moron.

Brett
09.14.01, 12:47 PM
I think it's important to keep the link up, and for us to be smart enough to think for ourselves after reading it. After all, these were attacks against our freedom, and to curb it here would be a mistake.

Furthermore, definitely religion is a key issue in these attacks, as these criminals who used our our planes as missiles believe they are fighting a war based solely on their religious beliefs.

lawchick
09.14.01, 01:23 PM
Please do not misunderstand me. I don't believe the link to Falwell is "inappropriate" or should be "suppressed". I just crave solid information and rational opinion or theory. Falwell represents none of these, so I was disappointed to see a link to his message. I guess I expect more at this Board. That's all--just my opinion. If I don't want to read it, I certainly don't have to. It's not MY board!! smilies/smile.gif

tap1966
09.14.01, 03:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawchick:
I just crave solid information and rational opinion or theory.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This wouldn't be the first place I'd come for solid information. And it's kind of hard to for me to find anything rational about any of this. I don't know about you, but I've got F15s flying combat patrols over my house rather than the usual steady stream of commercial airlines.

Here's some comments from another "extremist". Scary thing is that he believes what he is saying is rational and "right" just as Mr Falwell probably does.
http://www.flinet.com/~politics/jihad/jihad.htm

LA
09.14.01, 04:31 PM
I'm saddened and sickened by Falwell's (and ultimately Pat Robertson's as well) words. This is not the time for his twisted little agenda. This man of god (or so he calls himself) should be praying for the safety of the rescue workers, he should be praying for the souls of those who died, he should be praying that we can prevent this from ever happening again, and he should be praying that those who are responsible are dealt with appropriately, and most importantly he should be praying for understanding...that these religious wars can cease. Instead, this man of god blames and points a finger at people and groups that he does not approve of... Bah! Some man of god.

smilies/mad.gif

Goo
09.14.01, 04:58 PM
......oops - FORD beat me to it!

I think its important we see these things and just remember that theres whack jobs on all sides of the religious arguments.

[ September 14, 2001 at 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Goo ]

Down In Flames
09.15.01, 07:05 AM
Man, those guys are sorry-ass jerks.

It's scary Falwell's congregation is 22,000 strong.

And that's just counting those in his church... smilies/redface.gif

laner
09.16.01, 07:03 PM
i'm glad that this link was posted.
i think it's good to know that there are morons like this out there.

ANGEL4U
09.17.01, 04:30 PM
http://bbs.cbsnews.com/breaking_news/

there is a thread about Falwell