PDA

View Full Version : Canada?!!? This aint Vietnam Punk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Porsche944
09.21.01, 09:34 PM
Ok here is the deal. This Morning the wife and I went on a local TV Show (I work for the Dept of Veterans Affairs and my Wife is a Military Nurse) Anyhoo....they interviewed us about the coming war and other stuff. (Hey Seenbad.....the Show was AM Northwest. Cathy Marshall by the way dude is Friken Hot.) So.....there was a bunch of teenage kids in the studio and the host of the show went to them for a statement or two about their thoughts on the military. One kid stands up and says that if there ever is another draft he can not and will not go. He then said he would go to Canada to avoid it. I was fucking stunned. Then the next kid gets up and said the complete opposite and got a big rousing cheer. Now, we are on the show with a couple of High Ranking Officers and they were seething just a bit. It was all very uncomfortable. So after the show was over we were all just standing there and the Army Major General and I were discussing how the show went and he see's that kid (We called him Canada boy) and he stops him in his tracks with his arm and says to him. "Son...it would probably be in your best interest if you pack your bags and hi-tail it north...you know what I mean?) The kid just stood there and turned ghost white. It was classic.
I can respect him for his opinion and all but my God...this was a show about our Military and our Veterans that was supposed to be feel good and Oooh Rah and this pencil dick lays that one on us. I hope for the sake of our country that this kind of attitude doesn't spread. I dont think it will but damn...that was just wrong and to do it on live TV......Shit Im still pissed. Sorry I needed to vent. I hope his class beats the living shit out of him. I can understand Vietnam and why but Jesus....our Country was just attacked and he would rather go to Canada. Hey Kid...FUCK YOU! Sorry for venting, Im done now. Thanx for hearing me out.

CoR
09.21.01, 11:18 PM
The kid is a chicken shit, there's no other explanation. Go to Canada, ya fuckin' loser!!

I'm from Canada, and I'll fight, godammmit! I've lived here since I was 5, this is my country too and I won't let some terrorist assholes scare me away.

They spend all their lives sheltered in peace and freedom by this country, but if the US were to call on them in a time of need, they would turn their backs on it. They are all cowards.

seenbad
09.21.01, 11:41 PM
dude, you were on that show and didnt tell us about it?! Damn man......and yeah, she is a hottie smilies/wink.gif

Ya know, I hate to admit this, but I had a run in two days ago with my own brother about this very thing. Granted, he is a nimrod 18 year old dumbass that hasnt gathered his social graces and ...well, he's a dumbass. I'll leave it at that. smilies/smile.gif I was trying to talk to him seriously about this subject, asked him straight up, "are you ready if the draft comes in the next year or so?" His response was in a kidding nature, and I really dont think he see's the gravity of the situation, but he replied "shit man, I'd go to Canada". My dad almost had to hold me back. smilies/mad.gif I fuckin ripped him up for even joking about that at a time like this, especially to an ex military guy. Made me feel like he was just riding my back during the time I served and wouldnt return the favor if he was called?! Not a funny joke. I havn't talked to him since.

BigBadBrian
09.22.01, 07:38 AM
Let's give Canada a little credit this time around. Hopefully, this time they will throw all those punks back or put 'em in their own forces up there.

tribb
09.22.01, 08:23 AM
That might have worked during the vietnam war. It won't fly now.
A much more thorough check would be done, and I'm sure they'd be on their way back home quickly.
If it turns out that we're fighting in our own back yard, who needs runners that are afraid to stand up for their own country.

homeunit
09.22.01, 09:47 AM
It's funny cause you see all these college kids (both US and Canucks)protesting saying "we need to find a peaceful way to deal with this", yet the very peace that they have enjoyed their whole life is the direct result of bloodshed in military operations.

These people make me sick, they're willing to enjoy the freedom, but unwilling to defend it, fuckwads

Sleepless Nights
09.22.01, 11:55 AM
I suppose we send him to war and he'll become a real man, huh? smilies/rolleyes.gif

6000 dead is already too much.
If an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth was put into place we'd all be blind.

homeunit
09.22.01, 12:07 PM
That's not the point dude. We have a generation of spoiled brats who think they know everything about anything.

To play passivist when they're called to defend the freedom that thay've been lucky enough to enjoy their whole life is crap. Some of these people have their heads so far up their ass that they can't even appreciate the seriousness of what's happening.

I'm not saying we NEED WW3, I'd rather not see any war, but the reality is the US suffered an act of war against them, and if they don't respond by letting the world know that this type of thing is not acceptable, this will only be the beginning.
This is a wake-up call.

BigBadBrian
09.22.01, 12:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sleepless Nights:
I suppose we send him to war and he'll become a real man, huh? smilies/rolleyes.gif

6000 dead is already too much.
If an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth was put into place we'd all be blind.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure glad people like you are in the minority! smilies/mad.gif

ANGEL4U
09.22.01, 01:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by homeunit:
It's funny cause you see all these college kids (both US and Canucks)protesting saying "we need to find a peaceful way to deal with this", yet the very peace that they have enjoyed their whole life is the direct result of bloodshed in military operations.

These people make me sick, they're willing to enjoy the freedom, but unwilling to defend it, fuckwads<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad you brought up the college kids, homeunit. I know they are trying to protest in a "peaceful" way, but they're still protesting smilies/frown.gif :spoiled:

Glenn
09.22.01, 02:00 PM
I guess this young mans' view is the downside of freedom of speech.

Sleepless Nights
09.22.01, 02:06 PM
Today, in my town, a bunch of people were protesting any military action the U. S. might do. They were marching down streets holding signs and documenting it all. I hope it gets some press because, you have really only heard one side of the arguement. I think you'd be surprised of how many people don't want to go to war.

homeunit
09.22.01, 02:14 PM
I don't think ANYBODY wants to go to war, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

Any alternative suggestions? A trial? Special Ops? Do nothing? A slap on the wrist?

Sleepless Nights
09.22.01, 02:23 PM
I think some who want military action would never set foot in battle. So it's easy for them to condemn it to someone else, and if you're not with them, you're not serving your country. Then why don't they go to battle? They want it so bad, why don't they do it? But they won't, and dictate that you are a coward. If there is war, which I hope is unlikely, I guarantee you most of those peole won't go to war. Whether they are too important, rich, or old they'll defend. But if they wan it they should serve their words, I don't care their defense. I don't think the majority of America's youth wants to fight.

As for punishment, it's hard to say. If Bin Laden is responsible, I might even think he and the orginizers of the attack should be killed, instead of thousands of innocent people. But still, that won't stop other terrorists trying to evnge Bin Laden's death.

[ September 22, 2001 at 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Sleepless Nights ]

MikeL
09.22.01, 02:25 PM
Like home said, war isn't something anyone wants. People who prostest it don't understand that. There's no peaceful resolution. If there was, we'd pursue it. Even if we did nothing, these attacks would go on and blood would be spilled.

Peace has its price, and that price is war.

Let'em protest, and express their ignorance. What goes around comes around, and its our turn this time.

Wolfman
09.22.01, 07:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by homeunit:

These people make me sick, they're willing to enjoy the freedom, but unwilling to defend it, fuckwads<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've heard of armchair quarterbacks? Well, these asswipes are what I call coffee-house generals. They talk tough, addle foks with their long-winded discussions, and then will never back up their bullshit.

I remember when being a great young revolutionary mind meant more than growing a goddamn goatee and rolling in patchouli while you listened to The Grateful Dead and jerked off to posters of John and Yoko. smilies/rolleyes.gif Give me a fucking break. smilies/mad.gif

Most people that claim to back a cause these days are in it half way. It's an image to them, that's all. They think the artsy-fartsy bullshit validates them in some way. Action speaks much louder than words.

I would fight in a heartbeat if I could. Unfortunately for me, I can't because of hearing loss (guitar players - sheesh smilies/wink.gif ).
But I'd swing one of those pansy-ass idiots by their feet like a club out on the battlefield if I could. smilies/mad.gif

Excuse me for being like this, but the topic definitely hit a nerve with me.

[ September 22, 2001 at 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Limecuda
09.22.01, 08:34 PM
I think some who want military action would never set foot in battle. So it's easy for them to condemn it to someone else, and if you're not with them, you're not serving your country. Then why don't they go to battle? They want it so bad, why don't they do it? But they won't, and dictate that you are a coward. If there is war, which I hope is unlikely, I guarantee you most of those peole won't go to war. Whether they are too important, rich, or old they'll defend. But if they wan it they should serve their words, I don't care their defense. I don't think the majority of America's youth wants to fight.

[ September 22, 2001 at 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Sleepless Nights ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your views are just sad although you have the freedom to express them. The reason you have them is because thousands of people died for them. The USA is the strongest country in the world and will defend itself. Terrorism takes away your rights and freedoms. All you have to do is look around at the effects taking place. 6000 people are dead now and it affects 300,000,000 in the US alone. You can choose to be a coward and cry about a possible war, but I guaran- damn- tee you would be one of the first wanting action if your close family was involved. What you and all these "youths" need to realize is the bigger picture. Your "family" and way of life was just attacked and it is time to defend yourselves.

laner
09.22.01, 08:56 PM
i agree that action needs to be taken. i know for a fact that if he was sent to canada, he wouldn't be there long. i also know that canada is going to help with this effort, so i don't see what running up here would do.
i have a problem with the idea of killing innocent people though. that doesn't gel with me. i'm not saying that this is their plan, but i have a sneaky feeling that it might be.

seenbad
09.22.01, 10:39 PM
It would never be a "plan" laner, but quite possibly a result of a planned attack somewhere. Nobody would ever plan on killin innocents. I think what you mean is that initially it would be an attack large enough that some innocent people killed out of pure scope?

seenbad
09.22.01, 10:40 PM
Sleepless Nights. Whatever.

laner
09.22.01, 11:23 PM
yeah, that's what i mean, seen.

seenbad
09.22.01, 11:32 PM
I figurd'. Didnt want ma boy ta be misrepresented n' shit by da foo's who dont be knowin whird? smilies/wink.gif

laner
09.22.01, 11:47 PM
um, yeah. smilies/wink.gif

track 5
09.23.01, 01:03 AM
Today, in my town, a bunch of people were protesting any military action the U. S. might do. They were marching down streets holding signs and documenting it all. I hope it gets some press because, you have really only heard one side of the arguement. I think you'd be surprised of how many people don't want to go to war.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well way to go for your town. smilies/rolleyes.gif Why don't you take your march that you guys had, over to New York and Washington and see what kind of support you get there. And maybe hold up some signs saying something to the effect, "sorry for the loss, but lets all ask the terrorist to all join hands with us today and maybe we can talk about it." Give me a fucking break. What town is it you live in? Remind me not to go there waving my flag. Going to war with these unholy evil bastards is the only way we are going to help rid the WORLD of such people. Protest marches are no longer an option dude. Oh and another thing. Next time you meet someone who has served our great country helping to preseve the own house you live in, ask them what they think of a peace march when someone attacks innocent AMERICANS just out of the fucking blue. There are always times and places for peace marches and rallies, and this isn't one of those times. Like our President said, "You're either with us or against us." Out.

[ September 23, 2001 at 01:06 AM: Message edited by: track 5 ]

MikeL
09.23.01, 01:15 AM
Beautiful post, t5! smilies/smile.gif

Sleepless, next time in history class that they mention America's wars, realize most of the people who fought in them weren't too much older than you. Not a one of them wanted to go fight in those wars, kill other people, or die themselves. But they did it anyway, because it had to be done. War isn't great or good, but we're not given a choice as to whether it happens or not. That choice was made on the 11th, by people who would rather see you (yeah, you, an American teenager) dead than have you try and convince other Americans not to fight. They'd rather see our way of life dead than anything. They gave their lives for that hateful cause. That's why some Americans are going to give their lives, too. To protect you, and your life. To protect everything you believe, even though not one of them will agree with you. If their willingness to protect you now that you need protection doesn't open your eyes to their sacrifice, nothing will. Millions of Americans have made that sacrifice for you.

Ask your grandfather (or would it be great-grandfather?) about WW2. If he's not around anymore, drop by the local VFW post afterschool someday. Those guys will explain it better than any of us can. You can learn a lot by talking to people with some experience.

Down In Flames
09.23.01, 02:58 AM
I don't want this to become a "bag on Sleepless Nights" thread, but...

Today, in my town, a bunch of people were protesting any military action the U. S. might do. They were marching down streets holding signs and documenting it all. I hope it gets some press because, you have really only heard one side of the arguement. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that would be the correct one.

The only thing these terrorists understand is force. If we weren't to respond to their cowardly attacks militarily do you honestly think they'd say, "Yeah, it's about time to talk about peace with the U.S" ???

No one likes the idea of going to war. This isn't going to be Desert Storm. This is going to be a long haul.

The "eye for an eye" line earlier was cute, but it's also irelevant when discussing these matters. The idea that the terrorists will attack us again if we retaliate, or that we'll be attacked in response to our having killed Bin Laden is about as naive a notion as comes down the pike. They're going to attack us again, anyway. So, not only should we retaliate out of sheer principal, but we'll also be going after the assholes that have perpetrated crimes against humanity; the ones that will continue to do so. If innocents over there die in the process, that's too bad. But, having said that, I'm of the opinion that they should have gotten the fuck out of dodge while they've had the chance, since the U.S. is getting our ducks in a row.

They know what's going to happen.

Going to war doesn't make anyone a man. But taking it in the ass from a pack of cowards isn't about to make anyone a man, either. These bastards aren't going to change their stripes, and should be dealt with, accordingly.

As for the people in your town, @#$%&*! every last one of them that took part in the protest march - And twice on Sundays. smilies/smile.gif

Sleepless Nights
09.23.01, 07:02 AM
Sorry to make some people mad, but I just have a differnece in opinion than some of you, we can't all have the same opinion on everything. Some people will be different than others in opinion, and some may not like it, and sometimes it offends. I'm not here to offend anyone.

Pabs
09.23.01, 01:27 PM
Sleepless Nights...we're cool, you know that. But I'm going to have to disagree with you here.

Those turds that were cheering in the streets, probably wish more got hurt or killed out of that whole thing. And they hope more of it happens in the future. Personally, one of those persons in the future could be me. Afterall, after New York, from a financial and business standpoint, not to mention transportation, Chicago is number 2. Shit man, they might be innocent over there, the civilians, but it's either them, or me. Are you going to give up your own innocent life to give those stone age assholes who have no value of life a chance to continue their radical crap? Hell no!!!! You're a young dude, and have nothing to worry about, at least not now. Me on the other hand....I graduate in June, then I'm eligible. So I'm ready.