PDA

View Full Version : Underated Guitar Players

Ed6150
06.08.00, 12:20 PM
I think ROBIN TROWER is awesome ..Better than PAGE , CLAPTON , BECK , HENDRIX, PERRY , or anyone besides Eddie http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

Here are my top 3
Ed Van Halen
Robin Trower
Edge

eddymon
06.08.00, 12:26 PM
underrated!!
eric johnson
jeff beck

top 3 are:
Mr. Eddie Van Halen
Mr. Eric Clapton
Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughn
any questions call 1-800-GUITARS

------------------
Its bigger, badder and going to blow your socks off!!**
*******VAN HALEN IS WHAT WE ALL WANT TO BE*******

whether its Dave, Sammy or Gary its still Van Halen because its really Eddie, Alex and Mike

Glenn
06.08.00, 12:28 PM
Ritchie Sambora.

Ed6150
06.08.00, 12:29 PM
Oh Glenn , you can do better than that http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

Ed6150
06.08.00, 12:32 PM
Ok guys please don't make fun of me but I think that guy that plays for BRYAN ADAMS has a good sound . KEITH SCOTT??

Oh and even king EDDIE himself has admitted this in a interview with guitar world .http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif

homeunit
06.08.00, 02:11 PM
David Gilmour, he's my 2nd favhttp://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

------------------
Baluchitherium

GirlGoneBad!
06.08.00, 02:20 PM
Nuno Bettencourt. He is great and pulls it off clean. My favorites are Edward,Jeff Beck,Eric Clapton. Carlos always had a warm tone. You guitar players that own a Music Man or Wolfgang know that when you put on that neck pickup you become Santana/Clapton!

------------------

Spanish Doctor
06.08.00, 04:09 PM
Dave Murray
Eddie Van Halen

------------------
Eat Us And Smile!!!
"Van Halen is NOTHING without David Lee Roth!" - Howard Stern at the Private Parts premiere

Iron Maiden - Brave New World is EASILY the best rock album of the last TEN years

Unchained Wolfie
06.08.00, 06:05 PM
Sammy Hagar. LOL. Seriously now I think Joe Satriani. Everyone who knows who he is knows he is good, but alot of people dont know who he is.

1. Eddie Van Halen
2. Stevie Ray Vaughn
3. Eric Clapton

------------------
Nick " Changed, Nothin' Stays The Same"

Rokgtar
06.08.00, 08:22 PM
Underrated:
Eric Johnson
Gary Moore
Scott Gorham
Brian Robertson
Eric Gales
Steve Morse
Vito Bratta
Warren Haynes
Warren DeMartini

Top of the Rock:
EVH
Randy Rhoads
Satch
Hendrix
Vai

houseofpain
06.08.00, 08:36 PM
Underated? Reeves Gabrels. Played with Bowie's side band in the late 80s early 90s, Tin Machine. I heard them on Saturday Night Live and went out and bought the CD. He's a great player and Bowie allowed him alot of latitude. Interesting story how Bowie discovered him. I forget but it was like Gabrels wife worked for Bowie or knew his wife or something, and slipped a demo of Reeves to Bowie, because Reeves wouldn't do it himself. HE thought it would be tacky. So she did it against his will. Anyway, last I heard Reeves was still playing in Bowie's current band. Not a big Bowie fan, but let's not forget he gave us SRV.

Favs-
EVH
Rhoads
Vai
SRV
Iommi ( lately anyway)
De Martini
Lynch
Beach
Tony Palacios

------------------

Eat Us And Smile!
Its Showtime!
Silly Little Bitches Can't Hang!

[This message has been edited by houseofpain (edited June 08, 2000 at 08:39 PM).]

Down In Flames
06.08.00, 08:44 PM
Now, let me say that these picks of mine are not guitar gods, but they are underrated players:

1) Willie Nelson - don't laugh!
2) Bruce Springsteen - I mean it!
3) Donald 'Buck Dharma' Roeser - from Blue Oyster Cult (for those that don't know).

track 5
06.08.00, 08:51 PM
Very interesting House. I remember watching that SNL episode, and thinking, he is kind a cool. I don't know if SRV is an underated is most parts of the world, but he is still played, and love down here. He has a special place in my heart, that is for sure. Great loss, no doubt. Out.

houseofpain
06.08.00, 09:30 PM
gosh no track. No chance SRV is underated! I mean a white boy from Texas that plays the blues like that? I am just saying dont' crack on Bowie, cause he had SRV for awhile. I don't particularly care for Bowie, but respect his work with SRV and Reeves, because they are real guitar players.

------------------
Eat Us And Smile!
Its Showtime!
You Can't Hang With Us!

track 5
06.08.00, 09:44 PM
Agreed House... agreed. What ever happened to Reeves? Just wondering. Any one know? Out.

BAM2266
06.08.00, 11:48 PM
George Lynch!! He's is in my #2 slot next to Ed. Love his tone and style! ALTHOUGH, I don't know what the hell he was thinking on his last Lynch Mob album. What was that?

Jason
06.09.00, 02:32 AM
I'm gonna list a few...lol

1. Steve Clark
2. Trey Spruance
3. Dave Navarro
4. Lindsey Buckingham
5. Allen Collins

Rokgtar
06.09.00, 06:29 AM
Yeah, Lindsey Buckingham - that guy is a monster! Great guitarist, one of my favorites...

------------------
"I don't wanna be tied up to motorboats anymore and be dragged around like a fool..." Sol Rosenberg

hellohawk
06.09.00, 06:35 AM
Is this a underrated or favorites list. I remember seeing a similiar list in the Guitar Room not to long ago, so color me confused.

Here are fellas I think are underated:
Dave Navarro
Stephen Edgerton (Descendents/All)
Gary Louris (The Jayhawks)
Tommy Keene (Tommy Keene)
Lee Renaldo (Sonic Youth)
Mac McCaughan (Superchunk)

ddregs
06.09.00, 06:39 AM
Steve Morse
Eric Johnson
Scott Henderson
Jeff Watson
Vito Bratta
Rik Emmett
Carl Verheyen

GirlGoneBad!
06.09.00, 06:53 AM
I think Reeves now writes articles for Guitar Magazines I got a British Guitar magazine that came with a cd and he has a solo tune on it. Wow! Fast and good.

------------------

houseofpain
06.09.00, 12:05 PM
Yeah Reeves writes for Guitar magazines. Tin Machine is no more but he still records and tours with Bowie. At least he did when Bowie did the thing with NIN.

------------------
Eat Us And Smile!
Its Showtime!
You Can't Hang With Us!

Jason
06.09.00, 11:51 PM
Yeah, what amazed me about Lindsey is that the mofo doesn't ever use a pick! He's all over the place!

Jason
06.09.00, 11:52 PM
Plus he's got a killer voice!http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

Top Timmy
06.09.00, 11:58 PM
I'm really very surprised that nobody has mentioned Frank Zappa. This guy was an absolute monster on the guitar. I always felt Frank was underrated. Anyone else share this mindset with me? http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

------------------
VHLinks.com logo designer

Get well soon Eddie! =VH=

[This message has been edited by Top Timmy (edited June 09, 2000 at 11:58 PM).]

mac
06.10.00, 08:25 AM
how about KEVIN CADOGAN (the guy who just left 3eb) or michael bruce

Va Beach VH Fan
06.10.00, 01:25 PM
Alright, I'm gonna throw one in from left field on you guys.....We had a thread on these guys a couple months ago...

Akira Takasaki from Loudness - This band are like frickin' Gods over there. Sure, the singer can't sign English worth shit, but Akira just flat out wails !!!! One fellow VHLinker mentioned him as the Japanese Eddie Van Halen.....

------------------
Eat Us and Smile - Live in Front of your Naked Steaming Eyes !!!!

Look, I'll pay ya for it, what the f*%$ !!!

ian
06.11.00, 11:50 AM
Joe Walsh

Nobody ever mentions him in any "top" lists. But listen to the James Gang stuff it's incredible!

------------------
Ian Anderson
Guitar Room Moderator
VHLinks.com

FORD
06.12.00, 12:52 PM
Good point Ian. Eric Clapton himself once said that in his opinion, the 2 best guitarists both came from Ohio. Joe Walsh was one of them. The other was Phil Keaggy. Seriously under-rated guitarist, for the main reason that most people outside of Christian music have never heard of him.

I'll also agree with the choices of Springsteen and Reeves Gabrels as underrated. But Willie Nelson???? Yeah, he's a good songwriter, but his guitar playing is pretty basic from what I've heard.

------------------
F.O.R.D. Country (http://fordcountry.tripod.com)

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

Eat Us And Smile!!

Georgie
06.12.00, 01:09 PM
Underrated?

Nuno Bettencourt
Matthias Jabbs
Vito Bratta
Reb Beach
George Lynch
And until the Rock World acknowledges him as #1 . . .EDDIE!

THE 3 BEST TO ME . . IN ROCK HISTORY AND IN ORDER:

1) Eddie Van Halen
2) Jimmy Page
3) Jimi Hendrix

paradiddle
06.12.00, 02:17 PM
Frank is untouchable!

------------------
RLRR LRLL

Top Timmy
06.12.00, 04:06 PM
High five paradiddle!http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif Up high on the white side brotha.http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

------------------
VHLinks.com logo designer

Get well soon Eddie! =VH=

Down In Flames
06.12.00, 07:06 PM
I've always thought that Willie Nelson, while never a guitar god, has never been credited as the great guitarist I believe he is. He plays like a rythym guitarist, nothing over-the-top, but definitely underrated. He can pick really well and you should see the guitar he plays. It looks like someone put a hand grenade inside of it. http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

Mark Van Halen
06.12.00, 07:20 PM
john denver, seriously, i think he is a good acoustic folk player

------------------
Van Halen kicks ass!

homeunit
06.12.00, 10:54 PM
was Mark VH, didn't he die in a plane crash? John Denver was cool.

------------------
Btw ... life learn :
"all the answers that you are looking for , are the symplest that may get in your mind ! " ... Did u understand?
Eddie_Italian

Baluchitherium

Mark Van Halen
06.13.00, 07:42 AM
good call, yeah, he WAS a good player, he is still a folk legend though, IMO

------------------
Van Halen kicks ass!

Georgie
06.13.00, 02:51 PM
John Denver was a wonderful guitar player, a wonderful vocalist, and a wonderful song writer. If you want to be a great acoustic player, the I strongly suggest looking in to John Denver tab.

Rod Dangle
06.13.00, 10:07 PM
Frank Zappa

Warren Haynes

Derek Trucks

David Gilmour

Dickey Betts

Scott Henderson

Shuggie Otis -- A Carlos type from the late 60's. He was only 15/16 at the time...Incredible.

Later http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

------------------
"We'll just blaze on & make the best possible music we can...Hopefully the fans will like everything we do."
EVH-1986

dooberdober
06.14.00, 02:13 PM
I forgot about Akeria.......That guy was amazing! Great sound too! What did he play? ESP???

Steely
06.15.00, 12:12 PM
Jake E. Lee - Not his stuff with Ozzy. But rather his stuff with Badlands, specifically the Voodoo Highway album.

Jimmy Herring - Used to play with Aquarium Rescue Unit and Jazz is Dead. Just replaced Dickey Betts in the Allman Bros. He's phenominal.

Rod Dangle
06.15.00, 11:42 PM
I haven't seen Jimmy Herring live but I've heard good things about him, some friends of mine have seen him before. I have heard some of the Aquariam Rescue Unit stuff, your right, he is pretty good......How about Marc Ford?? Black Crowes went downhill when they fired him.

------------------
"We'll just blaze on & make the best possible music we can...Hopefully the fans will like everything we do."
EVH-1986

ddregs
06.16.00, 03:46 AM
Since you guys put me in creative mode today,
I'll go on record to say:
Jimmy Herring - incredible guitarist. I agree totally
Trey Anastasio - that guy from Phish is really good and can play everything
Scott Henderson - he showed the whole world how to play a mean fusion guitar with Jeff Berlin, then with Tribal Tech and then with fusion
Shawn Lane - his great technique is immense. His music is a sure run of notes, but he's still unknown compared to Malmsteen. Why?
Joe Walsh and Tommy Bolin - the two guys are/were awesome. Actually I believe Tommy Bolin did the best work in James Gang, and was more gifted. His first Billy Cobham record (Spectrum) and his Teaser are awesome.
Springsteen? Why not Danny Kortchmar instead! Danny "Kootch" Kortchmar is indeed a great guitarist himself. You can remember he was gonna produce the never-heard Cherone record. But his work with Jackson Browne and Don Henley was very good.
Andy Timmons - that guy from Danger Danger now's gone solo and with Simon Phillips band. He's a helluva player friends. Perfect in every note.
Rik Emmett - this guy is a sure hit. He's got everything, he can play everything, every genre, and he can sing everything.

Steely
06.16.00, 08:12 AM
Definitly agree with Trey, Scott Henderson and Shawn Lane!

Here's another one, Alex Skolnick (ex-Testament, ex-Savatage, Skol-Patrol, Attention Deficit) Attention Deficit is with Tim (Herb Alexander from Primus and Micheal Manring...check it out if you haven't.

ddregs
06.16.00, 04:21 PM
Steely,
actually I LOVE Alex Skolnick's playing on Michael Manring's Thonk. He and Steve Morse tear the house down there! Great call http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif
Another guitarist that really I didn't think was so good is Andy Summers from The Police.
He has such a distinctive sound, he plays very well classic guitar (listen to Jon Lord's Sarabande, the keyboardman for Deep Purple), and then soon after Police disbanded, he went on to play New Age and then Fusion stuff beautifully. Really underrated.

Rod Dangle
06.16.00, 06:35 PM
Scott Henderson released 2 blues cd's 'Dog Party' & 'Tore Down House', both excellent cd's. I perfer 'Dog Party' but I think that one is a little hard to find. If you ever come across it....Buy it, it's worth it.

------------------
EVH-1986

ddregs
06.17.00, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Rob.
You know what, when I first read they were BLUES records, I thought about standard blues, and I really don't love that thing. Now I'll put them in my shopping cart.
I own all the Tribal Tech stuff, and some of it is really killer. Vital Tech Tones and Vital Tech Tones 2 (due to this month) are well worth buying, if you don't have them already. http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif

Rod Dangle
06.17.00, 10:37 PM
Your welcome, if you like Blues you'll like it......I never got into Tribal Tech, I'm not too crazy about Fusion. I'm more of a blues guy http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

------------------
EVH-1986

Snakeman
06.19.00, 02:57 PM
The dude from Hanson is #1
He's a VH/Vai in the making!

No....really my opinion on underated starts with Pat Travers. I have seen him a bunch live over the past 20 years. He's not a technical wizard or anything but the boy sure does shred. By the way Guitar Player 1980 poll he came in # 2 Also Rocky George from Suicidal Tendecies comes to mind. Now that guy can TEAR IT UP! My top 3 r Vai,George, VH. Lata

NOaverageJOE
06.23.00, 11:51 AM
Hmm...I don't know much about famous guitar players, but I think that ALL OF YOU should be listing Nuno Bettencourt. If you haven't heard ALL of the Extreme albums, you wouldn't know how great he actually is. Sure, their first album was repetitive, but check out the other ones. He really is a great guitar player. One of the best I've ever heard.

Joe

Chadillac
06.23.00, 02:22 PM
I think Richie Sambora from Bon Jovi is really underrated. He is an awesome blues player and he has style, his solos may not be of EVH caliber but they always show finesse and fit the song very well. Before you rip on him, take a listen to "Stranger In This Town" and you'll see what I mean.

------------------
Chadillac

I'm the new guy here.

tap1966
06.23.00, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ddregs:
Actually I believe Tommy Bolin did the best work in James Gang, and was more gifted. His first Billy Cobham record (Spectrum) and his Teaser are awesome.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bolin was phenomenal - have you heard the Energy Radio Sessions '73 and Ebbet's Field '74 shows? Jawdropping stuff - one of my 5 or 6 favourite guitar players ever. Personally I like him better on his own - not in James Gang or Deep Purple.

FORD
06.23.00, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Georgie:
John Denver was a wonderful guitar player, a wonderful vocalist, and a wonderful song writer. If you want to be a great acoustic player, the I strongly suggest looking in to John Denver tab.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! Never thought there would be so many John Denver fans here! You guys hear his new single yet?? It goes like this......

Took a flight from Monterey and I never came back.
Bought a plane from a kit that was built by a quack.
Jumped in the cockpit and downed a six pack.

And now I'm an ocean buoy.

Well, it's hard when you're flyin' and your sluggin' on a bottle.
Flying in a plane that's an experimental model.
Reached for Jim Beam, but instead I grabbed the throttle.

Oh God, I'm an ocean buoy.

Well, I grabbed the controls and I started to fiddle.
Got flames coming up on my face like a griddle.
Air flight's nothing but a funny funny riddle.

Oh God, I'm an ocean buoy.

Well, my head's chopped to pieces
And my body's full of dents.
They identified me by my guitar's finger prints
I tried to dry out but instead got a rinse.

And now I'm an ocean buoy.

Well I'm feeling kinda down and
I'm sinking kinda low.
In the undersea world of Jacque Cousteau
Bobbing up and down when the trade winds blow.

'Cause now I'm an ocean buoy.

Well, I grabbed the controls and I started to fiddle.
Got flames coming up on my face like a griddle.
Air flights nothing but a funny funny riddle.

Oh God, I'm an ocean buoy. Woohoo!

When the plane dove down it was nothing but a riddle.
My pants got wet when I started to piddle.
George Burns appeared beside me and we prayed just a little.....

Woo! Oh God, I'm an ocean buoy.

------------------
F.O.R.D. Country (http://fordcountry.20m.com)

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

Eat Us And Smile!!

Ed6150
06.23.00, 02:38 PM
Rotflmfao !!!ford
your the man!!!http://www.vhlinks.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif

billy007
06.25.00, 07:51 AM
Yeah, FORD - another post like that and people gonna think your name is Frickin' Outrageous Rollicking Dude.

------------------
The beginnings of great things cannot be seen by your naked eye

ddregs
06.26.00, 02:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:
Bolin was phenomenal - have you heard the Energy Radio Sessions '73 and Ebbet's Field '74 shows? Jawdropping stuff - one of my 5 or 6 favourite guitar players ever. Personally I like him better on his own - not in James Gang or Deep Purple.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately no, I only have his two solo records, Teaser (one of my all time favorite records) and Private Eyes, which is not up to par (IMO). But the guy was a monster. Too bad he was tore down by drugs.

tap1966
06.26.00, 06:13 PM
Unfortunately no, I only have his two solo records, Teaser (one of my all time favorite records) and Private Eyes, which is not up to par (IMO). But the guy was a monster. Too bad he was tore down by drugs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely. You really need to check out Ebbet's Field '74, this was the kind of stuff that made Purple hire him. There's a version of 'Stratus' originally from Spectrum that will blow your head clean off - email me if you want an MP3. They also just released the MK4 rehearsal tapes - some awesome jams there, too bad things had already soured by the time they came to record 'Come Taste The Band'.

I guess you probably like Steve Morse with a username like ddregs? I was at his wedding a couple of years ago - or more precisely at a gig where he got married on stage. We met him afterwards and gave him a wedding present, and got to chat for a while http://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif

ddregs
06.27.00, 03:47 AM
Yeah Jonathan... You guessed it right! http://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif
Steve Morse is my idol, he's the reason why I picked up a guitar and started playing. And he's too much good to get his own level of playing...
But I heard him when he was playing solo with his band, 1984, The Introduction... Awesome record that one!! http://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif

------------------
Right Now How Many Say I Can't Get This Stuff No More - ddregs

Steely
06.28.00, 09:20 AM
Couple of you mentioned Nuno Bettencourt. Love his playing. His playing on the 1st Extreme album has some definite Eddie "borrowings". His playing on the 3 albums after that is awesome though. And Gary sounds damn good singing them. Nuno's new Mourning Widows band is ok I guess.

Big Trouble '77
07.02.00, 01:34 AM
Angus Young and Zakk Wylde

------------------
Eat Us And Smile!

Classic VH Eruption (http://members.tripod.com/BigTrouble_77/index.htm)

tap1966
07.02.00, 06:43 AM
Yeah Jonathan... You guessed it right! http://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif
Steve Morse is my idol, he's the reason why I picked up a guitar and started playing. And he's too much good to get his own level of playing...
But I heard him when he was playing solo with his band, 1984, The Introduction... Awesome record that one!! http://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like Steve is going to be touring on a double bill with Dregs AND his solo band soon. In other words he'll be playing all nighthttp://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif That guys is a workaholic http://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/eek.gif

ddregs
07.02.00, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:

Looks like Steve is going to be touring on a double bill with Dregs AND his solo band soon. In other words he'll be playing all nighthttp://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif That guys is a workaholic http://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, and since he plays without standing up a second, it will be pretty hard to do it! But he is a great guy... In the meantime he released a new solo record, he is touring with Dixie Dregs, with Steve Morse Band, he is recording a new record with Deep Purple... That guy is really more than a workaholic!!! http://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif

------------------

Eddie Van Sasquatch
07.02.00, 08:38 PM
I'm with you Top Jimmy. Frank was awesome. It just blows me away that he would just improvise his solos every night. He didn't always pull out the greatest solos, but when he did, they were incredible.

I'd also like to throw in Mike Keneally. He played with Zappa on the 88 tour and has been the 2nd guitarist/keyboard player for Steve Vai the last couple of tours. However it's his solo stuff that I love. This guy can play guitar, keyboards and sing like a MF. On top of that, he's an incredible songwriter. I highly recommend checking him out. http://www.keneally.com

Jim

Time
07.02.00, 09:47 PM
Gary Hoey
Rocky Athas
Pat Travers
Mark Farner

ddregs
07.03.00, 02:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie Van Sasquatch:
I'm with you Top Jimmy. Frank was awesome. It just blows me away that he would just improvise his solos every night. He didn't always pull out the greatest solos, but when he did, they were incredible.

I'd also like to throw in Mike Keneally. He played with Zappa on the 88 tour and has been the 2nd guitarist/keyboard player for Steve Vai the last couple of tours. However it's his solo stuff that I love. This guy can play guitar, keyboards and sing like a MF. On top of that, he's an incredible songwriter. I highly recommend checking him out. http://www.keneally.com

Jim<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed 110%. Mike Kenneally is a monster, not human. With Vai I saw him playing a note-per-note solo with one hand on his guitar and one hand on his keyboard. Truly gifted (maybe overgifted...) http://64.176.3.141/vhlforum/smilies/smile.gif

------------------

homeunit
07.22.00, 02:30 PM
up

------------------
Guitar Room player files http://www.freedrive.com/
UN: vhlinks
PW: vhlinks

Baluchitherium
G4

POJO_Risin
07.22.00, 02:49 PM
Hmmm...I like the Zappa pick as underrated. A lot of people don't look at him as a guitar player...or can't get past Dweezil.

I've always been partial to Jason Becker. I think the guy could play shit across the board, and would have really made a statement with the instrument had he stayed healthy. Who knows what may happen down the line. Hopefully we'll find a cure...and get him back to playing. When he did play...he wailed.

------------------
Eat Us and Smile!!!!!
Co-Founder

"I'm the One, the one you love. C'mon baby show your Love!!!! WWWoooooWWWW...Give it to me!!!"

Ed6150
09.21.00, 09:08 AM
I'll say it again , ROBIN TROWER is a bad ass guitar player yet his name never comes up that much . He simply blows Jimmy Page away IMO , Page was a good producer and songwriter but like Eddie Van Halen says , he plays like a 2 year old http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/smilies/biggrin.gif