Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Classic rock station in Grand Rapids, Michigan just got done playing the live Right Now and Happy Trails. (end of the morning show, 7-21-00) At the end of the song the station manager/DJ says "Not sure how things are going there. We're told 4 songs are done but a lot of friction between the boys. Warner Brothers says a new cd is coming" Seems there is confusion on number of completed songs, but man there is a lot of people saying its true!!!!D

------------------
    "The reason most critics prefer Elvis Costello to Van Halen is......most of the critics look like Elvis Costello." DLR

Last Online

07.07.15 @ 04:02 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think the radio stations are just getting info from internet sources like we are.

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep!

------------------
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..."
    "They'll find a cure, for anything. Just kill the pain! Numb my brain!"
    "Lookin' good thru the window, shinin' red & blue light..."
    "Shut 'em up, cover up, got to disract 'em!"
    "If there was nothing to gain, would you do it for free? Would you do it for me?"
    "Winner takes it all, 'Till he breaks the fall, In time he'll make it over the top!"
    -----------------
    Up Front Fanatics

Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Come on guys don't you get it? When you hear a VH song on the radio these days, don't you listen until the end of the song or the next break? It's them trying to keep you listening, so they will get better ratings, so they can charge more for ads, so they can buy bigger cars, homes and toys. It's a ratings game, the programers know that VH is a hot button right now that will get people to listen...I know I do!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They got me hooked Handyman. My wife thinks I'm crazy. "You have heard this song a million times, just shut the car off!!!!" "Yeah but they might say something about the new album after the song" SLAM and off she goes. (she's one of these Sammy lovers and never truly appreciated DLR. imagine that)

------------------
    "The reason most critics prefer Elvis Costello to Van Halen is......most of the critics look like Elvis Costello." DLR

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

As posted by Handyman:

Come on guys don't you get it? When you hear a VH song on the radio these days, don't you listen until the end of the song or the next break? It's them trying to keep you listening, so they will get better ratings, so they can charge more for ads, so they can buy bigger cars, homes and toys.

Shoot man, if I can get bigger cars, homes and toys by playing VH, I'll make my station VH 24 hours a day! Seriously, that is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read. The only people that get off on VH music as much as we do is....US! Not to sound mean, but no one artist, VH included, is a guaranteed ratings builder. It helps to play some cool VH, but I'm defintely not enjoying a bunch of material things because I play VH.

I drive a 96 Grand Am for Pete's sake.

As far as what Panama Jack said, we're all just waiting for some official news. Yeah, we look at the internet for info, among other places and face it...VH is a hot topic right now on the air. It only makes sense to refer to a possible reunion when we play anything of VH. (We call it "topicality"). Otherwise, you'd have a bunch of VH fanatics screaming "What about the reunion, you loser DJ!!!"

------------------
    "I ain't drownin'...just wavin'..."

eddymon
    sounds like the dj is only putting bits and pieces of i-net reports.
    CYA (cover your ass).

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 970 Times in 390 Posts

first of all, WB will not tell anyone that a new cd is coming. the reunion is very much under wraps. not even WB knows much right now.

there are more than 4 songs done, but the album is not complete. they are going one song at a time along with the vocals being done at the same time of the recording of the songs. but, the album is still not done.

Ed's health is excellent and the band are getting along just fine. all they need is time. they want it to work just as bad or even more than we do.

JMJ

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cabo Kid:

Shoot man, if I can get bigger cars, homes and toys by playing VH, I'll make my station VH 24 hours a day! Seriously, that is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read. The only people that get off on VH music as much as we do is....US! Not to sound mean, but no one artist, VH included, is a guaranteed ratings builder. It helps to play some cool VH, but I'm defintely not enjoying a bunch of material things because I play VH.

I drive a 96 Grand Am for Pete's sake.

Are you kidding! They are milking this thing for every rating point they can get! I live in Arizona and one day I was crusing VH Links and a rumor was flying around that Dave was in town...I listened to that station for 2.5 hours so I could find out if it is true and to fill all the cool people in on what was happening. There is a ton more VH (classic) being played...and I don't think it is just for the hell of it...stations are trying to get you to listen, so they can get higher ratings...higher ratings=higher rankings for the station in their metro area in the Arbitron book=higher cost to advertise with them=a better car than a 96 Grand Am! How could you say it doesn't?

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Handyman...

Sounds like you have some knowledge of how this whole crazy radio thing works, like with Arbitron. I'm sure you're also aware, though, that it doesn't matter what we play and how much VH is on our station unless we get the diary holders to report it. Believe me, I'm all for playing as much VH as I can, but I don't think people are listening to see what the next rumor is going to be. We don't report the rumors, anyway. Maybe other stations feel the need to do this, but I don't think it does me any good to report everything some Tom, Dick or Harry reports.

In the big picture, success of radio stations are not based on how much VH is played. However, you do bring up a valid point of DJ's milking bits as long as they can and as much as I hate it, there are those out there that will say anything to get a rating.

BTW, I still wouldn't see any of the net profits to upgrade from my Grand Am. I'm not that fortunate to benefit from any substantial wealth. That's why I married a doctor!

Peace, Handyman...you got good points!

------------------

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, we all know the diaries suck, but glad you kind of see where I am coming from.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

are you a DJ or are you in sales?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wish I could find a way to make some cash from all these rumors!!!!!

Anyone have any good rumors on hot stocks?

Tuna

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Handyman:

I'm a DJ/Program Director of a classic rock station in Missouri. I haven't been smart enough to jump to the sales side to try and make some $$$. I guess I just like to do the music thing too much. How about you...what's your background?

Oh yeah...just one more station to check out. www.kcmq.com
    that's us!

------------------

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Cabo,

What's the pay for part-timers in the "show me state"

I worked part-time for a few years, but had to leave because of the the lack of cash.

It was cool, free CD's, meet and greets, blah, blah, but I was sick of always having to play the shit the PD was programming!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL