Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yesterday I was at the Brook Mays music store in Norman, OK looking at some of their Wolfgangs. This guy who worked there walked up and started talking to me and ended up asking me "So are you an Eddie fan, or do you just like his guitar?" I said I was a huge Van Halen fan and we started talking about that. He said that just a couple of days ago he was at the Peavey "headquarters" in Meridian and got to play 2 of Eddie's actual Wolfgangs. One was sent in for repairs, and another was brand new. He said that one of the "head" Peavey guys over there talks to Eddie every other day, and he said that Dave is definitely back and 6 songs are done. He said Dave's tour is nothing more than a warm up and the reunion is a 100% go. He said that VH originally planned to release the album in the fall and tour late this year. That's about all the info he had and I don't know any names. I don't know if it's true or not but that's what the dude told me and I thought it was interesting.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

sounds good to me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now we've gone from Dweezil saying 5 songs are done to Eddie saying 3 were written but probably won't be released to a Peavey rep saying 6 songs are done??? WTF??? I have two comments...
    1. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    2. [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]
    America's Team...The Green Bay Packers!<br />12 Championship Titles For The Packers And Counting...<br />"Depends What We Do". EVH 2001<br />VH R.I.P. 1978-1996

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

yeah! It all makes sense now!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Over 17 years on the links!!
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    First time I heard Unchained, I thought the lyrics were...."Blue-eyed mutha in a slashed white dress!"
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the information....who knows?
    With Van Halen, anything goes.....maybe [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Totally believe bcgvh here.

But I don't buy the information. Eddie says three songs were written but probably won't come out and Dave says maybe next year on the reunion. I just don't believe they're playing coy with us, I think there's nothing happening currently. Therefore I don't buy that 6 songs are done.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's the real news:
    Van Halen is finished.
    Eddie is old and tired and as we all know a sick man right now who wants to be a fulltime parent.
    I seriously doubt that he has the energy and motivation to play in a rock band anymore.
    He doesn't want to compromise his artistic integrity with various band members.
    If he ever returns to the public eye ever again and that's a big IF i suspect that he would do so only as a solo act. The ultimate in self indulgence.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Totally believe bcgvh here.

But I don't buy the information. Eddie says three songs were written but probably won't come out and Dave says maybe next year on the reunion. I just don't believe they're playing coy with us, I think there's nothing happening currently. Therefore I don't buy that 6 songs are done.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I didn't really fall for it either. But I don't know why the guy at Brook Mays, or the guy at Peavey that claims to be in contact with Eddie would make something like that up. I guess only time will tell...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.21.12 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MightyVanHalen:
    Here's the real news:
    Van Halen is finished.
    Eddie is old and tired and as we all know a sick man right now who wants to be a fulltime parent.
    I seriously doubt that he has the energy and motivation to play in a rock band anymore.
    He doesn't want to compromise his artistic integrity with various band members.
    If he ever returns to the public eye ever again and that's a big IF i suspect that he would do so only as a solo act. The ultimate in self indulgence.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Beleive you're probably right. Well, All we can do is really support Dave! He's the only "VH" we'll be getting.
    "I don't need no stinking click"

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:42 AM
    Liked 739 Times in 407 Posts

Premium Member
    Very right my man!

As much as I love Van Halen, as much as I feel for Ed right now (cancer, hip) Van Halen is really doing nothing. To top it off - they aren't going to be doing anything for the next while as well; using history as a predictor of the future - they will keep the fans just as well informed as they have for the past 2 years ( [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ). Which really is a shame - because when these guys do get their shit together - they really do kick ass.

So; we should fully support Dave. He's the one who has supported us. If Dave hadn't broken with his statement back in March - we would still know fuck all.

Message to Dave, get your ass to Toronto - I'll be the first in line to see the concert.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

almost all of them
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it wouldn't hurt my feelings if this was true. but i wouldn't count on it.
    "hello trouble! looking for a place to happen?"<br />dlr-6/23/01

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

bcgvh thanks for passing on the info. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whether anyone likes it or not, Van Halen's day in the sun is long gone. They're old, they're unhip these days and they're not even together anymore so why do people keep on speculating about "when Van Halen will reunite?" It's OVER as in it's never going to happen ever again! I can accept it because they've already done enough. Besides, i have my own life to worry about and i could care less about what any of these guys do personally. I see threads like "Edward's personal life" etc. and wonder why people care. If you listen to the music then that's fine but why are you so overly concerned about their personal lives? Leave these guys alone and let them breathe.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:
    Whether anyone likes it or not, Van Halen's day in the sun is long gone. They're old, they're unhip these days and they're not even together anymore so why do people keep on speculating about "when Van Halen will reunite?" It's OVER as in it's never going to happen ever again! I can accept it because they've already done enough. Besides, i have my own life to worry about and i could care less about what any of these guys do personally. I see threads like "Edward's personal life" etc. and wonder why people care. If you listen to the music then that's fine but why are you so overly concerned about their personal lives? Leave these guys alone and let them breathe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of us can dare to dream can't we? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I don't give a shit what people say either, but I still stay that our boys WILL get back together again........someday. If they don't, fuck it. If they do, super burly fuck it! Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IS anyone besides me urked off about the fact that these guys can't be the least bit forthcoming with their fans? I think it's time everyone sends a big message to VH -
    We're tired of being mis-led and kept in the dark. It may not be their fault totally. Their management team might be trying to keep a lid on this thing to ensure that this is the biggest reunion since KISS or the Eagles. BUT the reality is that the prolonged suspense isn't building excitement any more.It's just making people mad and ultimately it's boring. Or then again - maybe Ed's just trying to keep a low profile on this thing to make sure he doesn't have an issue like last time with Dave. Either way, the results are the same...The public is losing interest.