Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

I have a friend named Nick D'Andrea. The guy has seen VH over 250 times and is regarded a some-what of a super-fan by the band themselves (They even presented him with a tour jacket with his name and "congratulations on your 300th show embroidered on it" a number of years back). Anyway, I spoke to him for the first time in a number of mionths the other day and he basically told me that he doesn't think that Edward is in good health. Through his sources he has heard that Valerie Bertinelli has taken a leave of absence from "Touched By An Angel".

I am not trying to start a rumor here, I'm just looking for some help in hopefully shooting this down and letting my friend know that Ed is O.K. Your help is greatly appreciated. Peace, Atomicpunk5150
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm going to send this to the Rumor Mill, because it's basically unconfirmed information. The thing is, I don't think there's anyone posting at these message boards who would be able to give you an answer to this. We all deal in speculation, and there's really no one who is connected who can give us facts.

Not sure how drama shows like Touched By an Angel work, but wouldn't the sitcoms be coming pretty close to the end of their shooting season pretty soon? If the drama shows have the same shooting season, it's quite likely that Val (and her show) will be on hiatus soon anyway, so that may not mean anything in terms of Edwards' health.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

1 thru Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

05.07.15 @ 12:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As far as I have heard, EVH is fine physically. However, considering everything he's been through, well, put yourself in his shoes... how would you be if you had a life threatening disease???? I'm quite sure it would probably fuck me up in the head, even more than I already am if that's possible...lol Anyways, the word through the Officail channels is that he is in good health! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ March 25, 2002 at 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Pumpkinhead ]</p>
    The Pumpkinhead!

"After three decades you still don't get the fact that VH the band was greater than the sum of all of its parts -- and those parts fit perfectly together, especially in the CVH lineup." - Delighted Romeo, Hit the nail right on the God Damn Head!!!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by atomicpunk5150:
    "...he basically told me that he doesn't think that Edward is in good health. Through his sources he has heard that Valerie Bertinelli has taken a leave of absence from "Touched By An Angel".
    That would account for their silence...

But, of course, like all other Halen fanatics, I really hope that it isn't true - and simply for the sake of Ed's health and well being.

One thing that would lead me to believe that Ed is better: He looks a lot better. True, that isn't really anything to go on, but it provides me with a little hope - or at least until we hear something...

[ March 25, 2002 at 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Me Wise Magic ]</p>
    "The day will come when it will sound better, but it will still be digital. To me, it just isn't musical. And when it comes to music, I'm the Unabomber of digital technology. I hate it." -Eddie Van Halen

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

...I think the guy is sick of holding the fort down for 25 years & singers use the band to launch their own solo gigs
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Could be Ed is enjoying his family and just living a private life... heaven forbid!!!
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Zahzoo:
    Could be Ed is enjoying his family and just living a private life... heaven forbid!!!
    You know that would be fine and I'd have absolutely no problem with him doing that.

My problem is with the silence. If he's doing that then just tell us. Instead he has us sit here and wonder.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About it Later
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

I have posted a few times regarding the topic of Ed's health. I do not claim to be an insider, however, I do know that Ed is still visiting Port Jeff, NY in order to receive cancer related treatment. He was here on February 19th, frequents many of the local restaurants and stays at the most established hotel in Port Jeff.

He closed the restaurant during his last visit by playing the bar piano until 3 am. IMO, I can not understand why members at the Links continually question Ed's handling of his cancer situation. He went public with the fact that he was battling cancer many months ago. The whole situation is very personal. Bottom line, if he is still getting treatment, he is not through the battle yet.

Speaking first hand about cancer victims, the disease makes you really appreciate life's daily routine. Something simple as taking a shit becomes a big deal. I would bet that he certainly prioritized his responsibilities being family, family, and family.

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Thanks man, I had no idea that EVH was still receiving any type of treatments. I have absolutely no problem with how Ed and family are handling his medical condition, and I can certainly understand just how private a matter something like this is. However as a previous poster stated, the silence regarding the band and its future (if any?) is not being handled properly. A simple statement saying...

"We will continue to be on hiatus until some personal issues are resolved, we thank our fans for their loyalty, patience and understanding during this difficult time.

Sincerely, EVH, AVH, & MA"

...Would go a long way in putting our minds (and not to mention a lot of ridiculous rumors) at rest. Don't you think?
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

about a month or two ago val stated that eddie is cancer free.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by atomicpunk5150:
    A simple statement saying...

"We will continue to be on hiatus until some personal issues are resolved, we thank our fans for their loyalty, patience and understanding during this difficult time.

Sincerely, EVH, AVH, & MA"

...Would go a long way in putting our minds (and not to mention a lot of ridiculous rumors) at rest. Don't you think?
    i think no matter what is said, some people will find that it isn't enough of a statement, and bitch and moan anyways. eventually, we'd have threads full of "is it time yet?" type questions, which isn't much of a step up from what we've got now.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Originally posted by dj88:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zahzoo:
    You know that would be fine and I'd have absolutely no problem with him doing that.

My problem is with the silence. If he's doing that then just tell us. Instead he has us sit here and wonder.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well yeah but how often do you post on the internet, contact the media, put a sign up in your yard, and change your answering machine greeting... when you choose to have some down time with your family or deal with a serious illness or simular for someone close to you??

Do you inform your neighbors when you are dealing with something personal to you? Or do you stay in your own space and deal with it?

Think about it....??

Being a public personality doesn't mean you share your personal life... no matter how obsessed strangers are about it...!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If I were a professional musician and I was going to take some time off for whatever reason I certainly would take 5 minutes of my time to have my webmaster pass on a message to my fans. It's common courtesy.

If I had a personal problem that required time off from my job I would tell my employer. The fans are Eddie's employers. We're not asking for every detail of the hold up. We just want to know if we can expect anything from him in the future or if it's over.

It would also be nice to know if he's all right, but if that's too personal for him then I could understand.

There are other things that bother me about this whole situation as well. Allowing your official webmaster to play with your fans emotions is just plain wrong. If they don't know that it happens, they should. If they know then they don't care. Either way is bad.

There are other things, but I've covered all that needs to be said.

Having said all this I still hope to God Eddie is ok. He is in my prayers.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

DLR: 1984 Sammy: FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DLR: So This is Love, Sammy: The Dream Is Over, Gary: That\'s Why I Love You
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by dj88:
    The fans are Eddie's employers
    although i agree with most of the things said in this discussion i'd say the fans can't claim to be the employers of eddie. an employer can order an employee to do something - a fan can't, they can merely indicate their approval through buying/not buying the music (eg vh3). if every fan starts telling eddie that he should do exactly what they say then it'd be no suprise if he got sick of the public and went silent.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 739 Times in 407 Posts

Premium Member
    Well yeah but how often do you post on the internet, contact the media, put a sign up in your yard, and change your answering machine greeting... when you choose to have some down time with your family or deal with a serious illness or simular for someone close to you??

Do you inform your neighbors when you are dealing with something personal to you? Or do you stay in your own space and deal with it?

Think about it....??

Being a public personality doesn't mean you share your personal life... no matter how obsessed strangers are about it...!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [/QB]
    I agree with you - but - being a public figure means that they need to at least talk to the public. Being public doesn't mean that they need to disclose all aspects of their lives - privacy is vital to anyone. That is why you have PR firms that say - listen - there's nothing going on - but that doesn't mean the band is dead; they've got some stuff they have to work out."