Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My cousin Tim, who lives in L.A., has a friend (Paul) who flies business jets for a charter company based out of L.A. Tim, knowing that I am a huge VH fan, couldn't wait to drop this bombshell on me.
    Paul recently had the opportunity of flying the one and only Mr. Robert Plant from L.A. to New York. Normally flying a celebrity isn't that big of a deal. Tim said that Paul has a couple dozen stories of flying celebrities from Mexico to Montana to Vancouver to Vegas...etc. You name it, he's probably flown a celebrity there. Anyways, Paul being a huge Zep fan decided to strike up a conversation with Mr. Plant in hopes of getting an autograph. This generally is frowned upon by the company in which Paul flies for and if Mr. Plant complained it could lead to Paul getting fired. After an hour in the air Paul mustered up the balls to approach Mr. Plant. He handed the the controls over to the co-pilot and entered the cabin in which Mr. Plant, his personal assistant, and someone from his management were seated. Paul started with small talk asking if they were enjoying the flight so far, did he enjoy his stay in L.A. He asked Robert if his stay related to was business or pleasure. He said it was a little of both. Paul eagerly asked him if he was working on something new. Robert said "as a matter of fact I did a little something with Eddie Van Halen." Paul said he was stunned to say the least. He then asked Mr. Plant if he was going to be the next singer of Van Halen. Robert laughed at the notion and said something along the lines of " No, just a contribution of sorts." Plant then elaborated on the "Van Halen Project" saying that it should be quite an interesting album when finished. Sheryl Crow had already laid down a track. Robert also spoke highly of another track by a "very talented young man by the name of David Drayman (sp?)". I never heard of David Drayman?
    Well there you have it. I told my cousin Tim that if he is pulling my leg I'm never going to speak to him again. He assured me he wasn't. So who knows maybe all this talk of a Santana-like album isn't bull. Paul got the autograph and a photo with Mr. Plant after they landed.
    I took a voodoo ladder lookin' for a moonbeam<br />Yeah, ya spend a lifetime gettin' lost in the jetstream

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

04.01.06 @ 07:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, this reminds me of an interview with Eddie years ago (I don't know which interview), when he said that he was really bummed out after Dave had left VH and he and Al were drinking beer in his driveway trying to figure out what they wanted to do with the band. They had discussed the idea of an "All Star" type album with a few names being batted around. One name that comes to mind was Phil Collins who was pretty big around that time (84-86?) Whatever it was, Ed was pretty serious about the idea.

Maybe that's what's going these days. And you know what? That would be OK with me. Various performers like Plant could really cause the creative energy to flow for someone like Eddie and Al. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I this is true, which past history will undoubtedly say "no", then I guess Michael Anthony is out of VH since he wouldn't have been a part of the recordings???

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

Another interesting twist to the 'Santana-like' album theory. If this is true, then I'll be happy since we will finally have some new Van Halen music. Maybe then, Ed will finally have his all-star album out of his system. His next step will be to get Dave or Sam on board again.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:54 AM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

I have 2 feelings about this rumor.

First are the 3 DLR recordings going to be on this if it is true.

Second this multi-singer album can be a test to see which singer is well recieved in the Van Halen community for future recordings.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.07.13 @ 01:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JJay:
    Robert also spoke highly of another track by a "very talented young man by the name of David Drayman (sp?)". I never heard of David Drayman?
    Possibly David Draiman, vocalist for Disturbed?
    WB4LBJ

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the way i remember the "Ed and Al sitting in the driveway, drinking beer" story was that they were kicking around the multi-vocalist idea, but then they wanted it to be more like a "family," just one vocalist. then they ended up going with Sam...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hasn't Robert Plant been busy with his own new solo album? When would he have time to do this? Sorry, sounds like b.s. to me...
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

House of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddie did say at the golf event that "we have lots of singers". Maybe this is true, but past experience would lead me to believe it isn't. Robert Plant's new song Darkness is a pretty good song though. Plant sounds real good. In fact, Plant would probably sound real good fronting VH, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I won't be surprised and ,yes, David Draiman is from Disturbed who are currently recording their follow-up record.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe it......why not! This way Eddie can release this and not have to worry about touring to promote it.......
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speaking of Mr. Plant, I just heard his new song "Darkness, Darkness". It's really good, and has a total "No Quarter" feel to it. He and Eddie would be really interesting, if I were inclined to believe it.
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 985 Times in 396 Posts

evh and friends part 2??

nah

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

I think this would be better than a 4th lead singer, at least at this point anyway. Having well known artists on board will get them back into the spotlight.

Plus it will save all of the endless droning over comparing the 4th singer to Sam or Dave.

Hopefully it will be good [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Better use it up before it gets old!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

No way to know if this is true or not but I prefer the idea of a fourth voclaist. Is a tour even a possibility with a multiple vocalist album? I guess we'll just keep on waiting a little while longer.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"