Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ed's Plan

Last Online

01.24.13 @ 01:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed has decided to bring Dave back - in a limited way.

He figures VH already did 3 songs with Dave - so why not tolerate him for several more songs in order to get a full album?

There won't be a tour because Ed doesn't want to have to make nice-nice on stage with Dave. Ed feels positive the tour would fall apart.

But there will be one pay-per-view concert in order to pacify the fans.

Ed has contacted Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley about doing an album with them immediately thereafter.

Ed learned his lesson with Cherone. Only star-power can keep the fans. Gene & Paul provide that.

It will be a Van Halen album - as all sides agree that sales would be stronger with that name. But Gene & Paul insist that the title of the album have "Kiss" in it somewhere.

Michael Anthony is free to participate, but may decide to bow out.

And that's the way it is...maybe.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, right....

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Where in the hell did you here that?
    Better use it up before it gets old!

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Way Too Difficult
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:49 PM
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts

Originally posted by dolphmurph:
    Ed has decided to bring Dave back - in a limited way.

He figures VH already did 3 songs with Dave - so why not tolerate him for several more songs in order to get a full album?

There won't be a tour because Ed doesn't want to have to make nice-nice on stage with Dave. Ed feels positive the tour would fall apart.

But there will be one pay-per-view concert in order to pacify the fans.

Ed has contacted Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley about doing an album with them immediately thereafter.

Ed learned his lesson with Cherone. Only star-power can keep the fans. Gene & Paul provide that.

It will be a Van Halen album - as all sides agree that sales would be stronger with that name. But Gene & Paul insist that the title of the album have "Kiss" in it somewhere.

Michael Anthony is free to participate, but may decide to bow out.

And that's the way it is...maybe.
    Ah yes... of course.
    Salt shaker, little lick a lime...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I posted this over in the weekly movie news, but I want all of the KISS fans to know what these guys (Paul and Gene) are truly like.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by FH:
    KISS' GENE SIMMONS: Why We Fired ERIC CARR On His Deathbed - Nov. 18, 2002

"This is still a very emotional subject," Simmons said. "At first, when Eric was coughing up blood, he was referred to the KISS medics, and at first it did not seem to be serious. It wasn't until Eric had open-heart surgery that the tumors were found. Myself and Paul were the only people with Eric at the time, and we allowed Eric all the time in the world to recover and rejoin the band. Unfortunately, the cancer spread and we then knew he only had a matter of months to live. We sat down with Eric and told him that the band still had to move forward, which is when we then recruited Eric Singer and told Eric Carr he had been replaced. Eric was definitely upset with the decision
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowing someone that us SUPPOSED to be close to you is going to die and knowing how bad it would be on them if you fired them, if you went ahead and fired them needlessly, (don't tell me that KISS was about to set the world on fire all of a sudden musically)would that not make you an A fucking number 1 HEARTLESS ASSHOLE if you went thru with the firing?
    Unfuckingbelievable.
    I was a KISS fan until I heard they had done this to Eric back in 1991. I am truly sorry I spent thousands and thousands of dollars on KISS music now.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.30.06 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No. I don't agree with your feelings on this. Music is a business, simply put. Even though they weren't "setting the world on fire", they do have contracts and obligations. I read an interview w/Erics old fiance'(a Playboy Centerfold)who said Kiss treated him well while she took care of him at home. Of course he was upset, anyone would be, but it's not like they just fed him to the wolves or something...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I understand obligations, but they knew he was going to die in a very few months. Why break this guys heart any further knowing full well you could put those obligations off just a little longer. Heartless I say.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

--Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eric Carr knew he was dying, it was no surprise to him. An obligation is just that. An obligation. It means, like it or not you are obligated to do something. The whole music industry is heartless, no surprise there. It was a terrible loss when Eric passed away but he was just another among the many who get fucked by the industry, and not necessarily Gene or Paul.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, well, I can see your point. I was just PISSED beyond belief when I saw that.

--Will Rogers

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i don't know, i agree with executioner on this one. yeah music is a business, and that business can make you do foolish things (like show up with DLR in '96 when you weren't ready to bring him back in the band), but ultimately gene and paul are the ones in charge of kiss, not a record exec. unless they were in the middle of a tour, unless they had written contracts that had to be honored immeadiatly i.e. "kiss will appear in the moose lodge pavilion in deluth on 4/30/88" then i think they were heartless to handle the band change this way. i wasn't there, so i don't really know. but it's always been clear that kiss is more about the money than anything else.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.24.06 @ 07:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tend to agree with Executioner and Ikeda on this. I think a brotherhood and freindship is more important than business.
    That seems to be the bond that's kept so many of the greatest bands together through tough times and hardships.
    It's to easy to disabbandon your mate when the going gets tough or the dollar signs get bigger. A contract or obligation is one thing, but what about the effort and heart and soul that a guy's put into your band to make it what it is!? Where's the loyalty? Is it that important to carry on, when you could wait a few months and do things properly...be a freind, and respect the guy's legacy to your band. Come on now...how many more dollars do you need!?
    Maybe that's a naive thought on my part, but for myself...I wouldn't even want to be in a band that would stab me in the back the first time I was down, let alone dying!
    I truly think that's disrespectful and in poor taste all around, but that's just my opinion.
    I know the record industry is a business, but I really think in cases like this you need to set aside the business and act like a freind and brother! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You guys sound like the type of friends anyone would really want to have. Kiss is not a group based on friendship on ANY level. It is(like many other groups), based upon the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR. Don't EVER think that these guys care about anything other than that. Don't EVER believe any sentiments that are espoused contradictory to what I just said. If you look at most bands histories(including VH), there are all kind of great flowery complementary things spouted between band members in interviews. That is, until they fail to sell the expected number of units or something else gets in the way of their bank accounts.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I completely understand what you're saying D; and I know that you're right, but it's just a shame that's the way things always tend to go.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree, it's a drag. But, at least you don't look at a band situation with blinders on. Most people blindly believe the P.R. that bands spew but most of the shit is made up to sell the flavor of the week, month or year. It's kind of like when you find out there's no Santa Claus,or the magic is gone. But, at least your not wishing and hoping for things that don't necessarily come true. But hey, ain't it cool when they do? It's an even better surprise when shit you'ld never expect to happen does. And believe me, Santa's gonna have a big surprise for classic VH fans in 2003. And it ain't a holiday album.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Boy wouldn't that be a nice Christmas present!? ...I believe! I believe!