Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New DLR Project

Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Was listening to 98 KUPD here in Phoenix this weekend and Talbin talked about an interesting rumor. He said DLR, Lars and Kirk (Metallica) were working on a super secret project along with the guitar player that Dave had worked with in the past that went to Manson's group. Hope I did not scoop any of our "in the know" people here.

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Though this sounds like a compound rumor, I would definitely overlook the fact that the guy who left Dave to go to freak camp was part of it, to enjoy what would possibly be a hard rocking album if it does exist like you say. Even Dave singing over "LOAD" style riffs would be cool since I prefer newer Metallica myself. It would make sense since Metallica work up SF way,and this was in LA, at least that is what I've read I think. Who Knows?
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Boy now thats a doozie! lol. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

A+ for creativety! (the dj that is)
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I think that someone read my "Van Halen the series" thread and saw the joke I had about Dave wanting Mike to join a new secret band he is forming with Steve Vai & Lars, and that even Vai could kick Lars' skinny ass.

At last check Lars and Kirk were back in the studio writing with James and are exprcting to release a new album this summer and just "hire out" a bassist to tour with. Basically stay as a 3 piece unit so they can keep more money for themselves.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

05.04.17 @ 02:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, I'll buy into most of this rumor as this is hinted at on http://www.davidleeroth.com anyway. My guess is that Lars and Kirk will not show up on an entire album, but they might play on a few tracks. It would be a cool surprise if it was more than that, though.

And over the last few years, we haven't received a lot of bullshit from Dave (unlike Camp Van Halen)...he shoots pretty straight with his fans.

[ January 15, 2002 at 06:44 AM: Message edited by: mikeno55 ]</p>

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's just somebody who doesn't understand what Dave is saying in his last interview prior to the Philly show. No big surprise there.

What do you think hints to Metallica on Dave's site? I'm curious to know.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Dave needs a band with an identity. I don't want Kirk Hammett playing music in the studio and then turning it over to whoever Dave's next guitarist is to interpret it his own way. Dave needs to get with a unit of musicians who can put their own stamp on their own music, and get out there and sell it.

As long as Dave has a flurry of collaborators coming in to work on an album, just to have them depart once it's completed, it's going to be way too easy to keep relying on yesterday as opposed to jumping forward.

I wonder what ever happened with Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan's statements about being open to working with Dave? I wonder if Dave ever pursued this avenue? THAT would give Dave an identity that didn't require him as much to be "Former VH frontman David Lee Roth".

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.21.13 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MikeL:
    It's just somebody who doesn't understand what Dave is saying in his last interview prior to the Philly show. No big surprise there.

What do you think hints to Metallica on Dave's site? I'm curious to know.
    <hr></blockquote>

Their names are there amongst others as being involved in the projects. All you have to do is wait half an hour for all the pictures to load.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

in a simple rhyme
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The way I heard it today was, that Dave is in the studio with Hammet, Allrich, and Joe Cocker!?!? And a guitarist named six or something, and apparently Bob Rock is producing it.
    The rumour is that this will be the music for that video that Dave has been working on. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    Went down to the cemetery lookin' for love,<br />Got there and my baby was burried, I had to dig her up.......

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 1,460 Times in 896 Posts

You know if it's a DLR project, then it's something that will be original and a mindblower.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Raldo:
    You know if it's a DLR project, then it's something that will be original and a mindblower.<hr></blockquote>

Possibly yes or no.... remember the Vegas act. Could something cool or could be some self indulgent ecsentric load of crap... your milage may vary...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by VHND:

Their names are there amongst others as being involved in the projects. All you have to do is wait half an hour for all the pictures to load.
    <hr></blockquote>

Or a few moments on broadband.

Seriously, the names are being dropped as working at Henson studios at the same time DLR was there. There's no mention of them being involved in the the project. Dave does add some clarification to this subject during his radio interview. It becomes pretty clear that he just previewed the material to the fellows from Metallica and Bob Rock. You'll find no place where Dave actually claims to be working with them.

It's sad that Dave has become a name dropper, and felt compelled to label his music into the 'real rock' category. Whatever that means anymore.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You gotta admit, Dave doing a solo album with Lars and Kirk with Bob Rock producing would be absolutely KILLER.

The ULTIMATE DLR Band (outside of the EEAS lineup)! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Fast Eddie

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

There could be confusion over this rumor because Dave MUSTAINE, formerly of Metallica and current leader of Megadeth, HAS publicly stated that he wants to tour with James and Lars and the Megadeth bassist as a hybrid..."Metallideth" I think he called it...

Allegedly, James showed some interest in the idea...

I can't source the magazine for you, but I want to say it was in Guitar One because Mustaine graced their cover a few months back...Sorry I can't give you chapter and verse on that one, but I ain't doin' no chain yankin'! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ January 15, 2002 at 11:12 AM: Message edited by: SactoFan ]</p>
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was an intern at Masterfonics' Tracking Room studio in Nashville in '97 when Megadeth was working with producer Dann Huff. I don't know the album name, but I know it was the first album Dann produced with them. Anyway, I can attest that Dave and Metallica were in contact at that time, Dave talked to James and Lars several times at different intervals throughout the time Megadeth was there. I asked Dave about that and he said since he and the Lars and James had gotten clean and sober that they made contact and are friends again. I would say that given the right conditions, they could reunite.

As to the rumours with Kirk, James and Bob Rock, I believe that in an interview Dave said he played his new music for them as they were all recording in the same studios. I think the websites alludes to that, it doesn't specifically say they are working on his project, just that they were around and listened to some stuff.