Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This comes from someone at the PD who met Mike at Pepper's, and SoCalChelle was also aware of it:

Supposedly, Dave asked VH for $7000 a week until they either RELEASED a CD or they started WORKING on a CD. I am not sure which, as what I read wasn't very clearly stated. The band refused, and what they are waiting for is for Dave to call them back and say "OK guys, no salary involved, let's do this as a real band." (or something to that effect)

If this is true, Dave is being pushy and greedy, while VH is simply being stubborn.

What gets me is that this is the kind of info people would have leaked, but they kept it quiet until now. I don't know how true this is, so take it for what it's worth. Sorry I don't have a link to the thread.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

Of course, I don't have any way to valuate that figure, but who can blame him for wanting a little guaranteed money, especially considering what happened in '96.
    Over 17 years on the links!!
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    First time I heard Unchained, I thought the lyrics were...."Blue-eyed mutha in a slashed white dress!"
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Shit, I'd have done it for $5000 a week!!

Hang on, my phone is ringing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Now, I'm totally pro-Dave, OK? But I can't see where he gets off making financial demands for "even share" when he hasn't been in the band for 16 years. Suing the VHStore I can understand - that's money being made off of something he built with the band in the past and bears his mark as well as the rest of them. But to demand his "fair share" - what exactly would that be, if he "could" only be around temporarily?

Besides if Dave wants this thing to happen as bad as he wants (and needs ) it to, he shouldn't be spending so much time demanding certain upfront financial terms. He knows as well as anybody else what this reunion could bring in, and he should get his fair share for his work, I agree.
    But the thing is, chess games more often than not seem to come to a stalemate - and when that happens, nobody wins.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

That isn't a whole'lotta dough for someone with money. If this is so, it's about principle, not payola.

Remember the VH with DLR billing that had been floated around last year? Also the rumor that Ed wanted Dave to be an employee of the band, rather than a full member.

So perhaps that's the impass that they've arrived at. Ed wants Dave to work for him, and Dave turns it around and actually expects to get paid for his time, even though they aren't actively doing anything. The way Dave see's it, they're wasting his time at the moment, so why not push a button or two?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

$7000 a week or $7 a week, ed doesn't want dave in and that's abvious by all that gone on in the last 18 months or so.

daniels is gone
    mike is ready to go
    dlr has been quiet
    ed and val say ed is ok (don't kow what to believe there)

so what is left but $$ and ed? i see MikeL's point about dave wanting some compensation because vh is wasting his time. i also see that dave is willing to wait cuz he really wants to do this for one reason or another, albeit probably money.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    7 large is small potatoes for Dave if they where to ever get the show on the road as it where. Who really knows now? Something is a miss that's for sure. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

$7000 a week eh? How about doing it for free? Sammy had a good point with that song from 'Marching to Mars'. C'mon VH and DLR, let's join together!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

05.04.17 @ 02:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbeVanHalen:

Supposedly, Dave asked VH for $7000 a week until they either RELEASED a CD or they started WORKING on a CD. I am not sure which, as what I read wasn't very clearly stated. The band refused, and what they are waiting for is for Dave to call them back and say "OK guys, no salary involved, let's do this as a real band." (or something to that effect)

If this is true, Dave is being pushy and greedy, while VH is simply being stubborn.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can believe this one -- and I don't blame Dave for demanding something like this. Even prior to Edward's cancer situation, Van Halen has been known for not being very disciplined in the studio -- especially the last 15 years. Ed admits this many times. Hell, Sammy even said this in an interview referring back to 1985. After the Claudio intro, Sammy went down to 5150 just to see how messed up the band really was (drugs, alcohol, etc.) because he had heard rumors for years. According to DLR, lack of studio work was the reason he split in '85.

Most importantly, if the rumor about a "Van Halen featuring DLR" billing is true, then why shouldn't he insist on getting the benefits of an employee rather than a partner ? I'm sure he would rather be a partner, but Ed/Al refuse.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree with both the Mikes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's not a great deal of money considering the fortune that is probably waiting for them. But after 1996 I'm sure Dave doesn't want to hang around waiting for something that may or may not get off the ground.

$7000/week is not really going to hurt anyone involved but it's a good incentive for EVH to not sit around the studio for months doing fuck all.

The thing that confuses me about this is that surely there would be a huge advance from WB once they agreed to it. Though maybe WB is so pissed off and wary of Eddie that they won't put any money in until VH have something to show for it.

Incidentally I heard a similar thing a couple of weeks ago, though no figure was named. "Roth has played hardball as far as reaching a deal" is the quote I got.
    Delusions of eloquence

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Dave is now Van Halen's lawyer and that $7,000.00 is his retainer. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

If you think about it, why shouldn't he get some money? That figure probably comes from the amount he was making touring the BBQ joints in 1999.
    He has been quiet. You can bet that he and VH had an agreement to be low key and quiet. How can Ed honestly expect him to trust them after 1996?

IMO DLR is entitled to the original 1/4th slice just like the old days. There is no doubt that the venues will be sold out. Will they sell out based on Ed playing his guitar or by having Dave at the mic? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Dave is the moneymaker.

Ed wants Dave, but he doesn't want the business and personnal conflicts that they have had. One side has to blink and my money is on Ed caving.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Limecuda:

Will they sell out based on Ed playing his guitar or by having Dave at the mic? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Dave is the moneymaker.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Judging by each of their last projects, neither one is currently capable of drawing an audience, it's the COMBINATION of Ed and Dave that people want to see.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonathan:
    The thing that confuses me about this is that surely there would be a huge advance from WB once they agreed to it. Though maybe WB is so pissed off and wary of Eddie that they won't put any money in until VH have something to show for it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought they already did advance them money or something

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

this could be true man...could be true...

as the vh world turns.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw