Thread: Just a thought

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member
    Ok, PURE speculation here......

Today on Stern he announced he was trying to get to L.A. for the week of January 28 in lieu of his regular birthday bash - - he also mentioned that this was going to be a HUGE party and all people in the know are scrambling to get tickets.

Now I know that Stern says every event he puts on is going to be huge; and I know that the Ground Hog day thing was pretty much shot down - - - but the timing does seem right....

Do you think Van Halen would announce their return in this way (via Stern) or at least support their reunion announcement with a visit to him????

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

You never know. Ed's birthday is Jan. 26, so maybe it's a huge party celebrating his birthday and the rebirth of Van Halen.

I doubt it, but one can only hope.

------------------
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I thought that myself today.
    Groundhog Day is on a Friday, the last day of his broadcast from the left coast.

Also, did anyone else hear today when Robin Quivers was doing the news and she was talking about the grammy nominations and you heard somebody singing "I'll Wait"
    A slight hint? Hmmmmmm.

I am making my own prediction that we will hear new VH during that week. That is coming from me, NOT my "source".

------------------
    Do you smell what Eddymon is cookin'
    I Need an announcement before my birthday!!!!!

Well let me roll up to the sidewalk and take a look here,,,,,, woooooaaaa!!!! she's beautiful.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Howard would be the perfect vehicle for the announcement--though he may have to kiss Eddie's ass and make up for goofing on him when they were on the show in '98.

Somehow, I just don't think they'll do it on the show, though, cause I can't imagine Stern giving up some of the limelight, even for an occasion like this!

------------------
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Premium Member
    Are you nuts??? Stern would totally dig this. He loves Van Halen - and would die at the fact that an artist this big is coming to his show - - - it really would stroke the ego (his or anyone elses).

In terms of goofing on Ed - he DID kinda deserve it that day - cause he was acting goofy. But we don't know the whole story behind that appearance; Sammy hinted in a seperate appearance on Stern that he thought Ed had been drinking. . . . .

Unfortunately I didn't catch the news - but I don't think they are cleaver enough to have slipped that in.

I would be pretty fucking cool.

Eddymon - I'm now with you - I think Van Halen is going to officially re-unite that week.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

a coming out party on the stern show? what a crappy way to announce the rebirth of one of the greatest bands of all time. i think they can definitely find a better media to make a big splash.
    as for the timing, who the fuck knows!!!!

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

I don't get Stern in the nook of Texas I'm in, but I do occassionally watch him on E!. I can see VH formally announcing they're back, via press conference or whatever. I doubt Vh would do it on the Stern show, but a post announcement appearance would be very likely, especially if it was an opportunity to be seen and heard by millions once again. The promotional gears would begin turning in high gear.

------------------
    500 horses and a Chrysler mill, makes the Limecuda the king of the hill

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    I really think the announcement will be via cable, either VH1 or MTV.

Stern's audience isn't nearly as big as these cable giants.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would hope VH wouldn't lower their standards to make their announcement on Stern's show..

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

AFU/Naturally Wired
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've thought from the beginning of this whacky ride that the Stern Show would be the BEST place for VH to make "the announcement." Stern is a huge Dave-era VH fan and I'm sure he would love to re-introduce VH to the world.

As far as Stern apologizing to Ed, I don't think it's necessary. I love the guy, but Ed was acting whacked during their last appearance on Stern. It seemed Stern was having troubles trying to get an interview going because Ed was randomly walking around the studio, etc. The only sane thing he did was present Stern with the autographed Wolfgang guitar. The E-Show replay bears all of this out...Ed sit down will ya!

Today Stern was talking about doing part of the show from Vegas, so who knows. All that being said, I'm not holding my breath on this. The VH crew has missed a number of great opportunities to announce something. At this point, I don't care where or how they announce it, just announce SOMETHING, you're killin us guys!!!

------------------

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott:
    Are you nuts??? Stern would totally dig this. He loves Van Halen - and would die at the fact that an artist this big is coming to his show - - - it really would stroke the ego (his or anyone elses).

In terms of goofing on Ed - he DID kinda deserve it that day - cause he was acting goofy. But we don't know the whole story behind that appearance; Sammy hinted in a seperate appearance on Stern that he thought Ed had been drinking. . . . .

Unfortunately I didn't catch the news - but I don't think they are cleaver enough to have slipped that in.

I would be pretty fucking cool.

Eddymon - I'm now with you - I think Van Halen is going to officially re-unite that week.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I know Stern'll dig it, and I did say it would be the perfect place--something tells me that callers named "Sammy" and "Gary" would both call in and bust some balls! Hopefully everyone would have a sense of humor about it.

------------------
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Premium Member
    In this crazy world - I think that would cause World War 4 (Van Halen 3 caused WW3).

While neither Sammy or Gary would do that - I can see LOTS of Hagar fans and Cherone fans calling in and busting their balls - big time.