Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had an interesting conversation a couple of weeks ago with an insider from the recording industry about VH. My trade brings me in contact with the recording industry on a regular basis and I assure you this isn't fabricated. I am (like all of you) a passionate VH fan and would love to see the reunion. More than anything though - I'd appreciate some truth from the band.

According to this insider, the boys did reunite with Dave and started working on several tunes but something definitely went wrong. His statement was creative/personal differences AGAIN between Ed and Dave...The bottom line being that Ed just wasn't diggin the vocals that Dave was coming up with.The limited range of Dave's vocal restricted the dyanamic range of the tunes. The tunes in and amongst themselves were built out of the same mold as "Me Wise Magic" and "Can't Get This Stuff No More" off the Greatest Hits CD which were both a very CLASSIC Van Halen sound. Apparently, Ed doesn't want to go back to an early VH type sound and that's all Dave is capable of putting up.. Combined with the fact that Dave is still Dave as far as personality goes. Supposedly, Ed was OK with the music but didn't like the vocal content and range...Dave thought these were the best tracks ever and wanted to push forward to get the reunion out in the public as quickly as possible. Eddie stalled on the recording - then the cancer deal came up..Soon after that Eddie has his hip replaced after delaying for five years.

The take I get is that Ed (much like a Michael Jordon or Tiger Woods )wants to stretch the limits of his ability and creativity. Dave just doesn't fit into that scenario.

The reality is that Ed's health is good now and if Dave was a reality, he wouldn't be out on tour..After all - Dave himself didn't even know about Eddie's cancer until it was disclosed publicly..If he was recording with the band, he would've known well before then. Let's face it - we're not going to see a Dave reunion and at this point - that may be the only thing WB settles for...After the failure of VH3 - I believe WB can control a lot more of the shots here than we might think...Eddie may say NO on Dave - WB may stick them in a closet until they get what they want..At this point, I would bet that Ed is just frustrated and disallusioned with everything..The public and the label want Dave - but he just can't stomach that. I also believe that he knows that the public will turn on VH if they don't make a Dave reunion happen. What a PR nightmare for one of the greatest bands ever..(That part is TOTALLY MY opinion and not based on any inside information)

I wish them the best and would simply state that the revelation of the truth can NEVER do harm in the long run. The fans will be much more empathetic if VH would come clean on everything and shoot straight from the hip.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

The hip was replaced before the cancer thing came up.

The reality is. . .dave's tour is again proving that he is able to sing the old material live. And, it will most likely lead to a reunion. Ed is taking it easy right now, and finishing up his cancer treatments. I would bet that after he's given a clean bill of health, he'll still rest and recoup for several months. But, then the wheels will start turning again, and we'll see Roth back (maybe not permanently, but for something). Michael Anthonly has eluded to this several times now. It's going to happen, but it's impossible to pin down an exact date. So, the answer is. . .when everyone involved is ready, it will happen.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

jay monster:

Even though you have a great choice for favorite vh song [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], I doubt your "info" will hold much water with people here. Many times a person such as yourself has joined the board and there first post has been about new news, or inside info etc etc. and turned out to be fabrications even though they go to lengths to say that they are indeed NOT fabrications. Not saying that you are a faker per say, just that people would be a little more likely to grab on if you were a little more rooted in the community here and actually had some face to loose if your info didnt pan, dig?

If you were to have been a little more involved here prior to posting your "info" I for one would be a little more inclined to listen with a more attentive ear. If you end up being a regular on the site and show that you legitimately dig van halen and the site as much as we do and really become a part of this little forums thingy, I'll take a second look. Until then, sorry. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You may be perfectly legit, but I just cant make myself buy it after the history we have had here. No offense.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seenbad

I apologize for not being a long-term "forum" chatter. I am a long time reader of the VH News Desk and jump on the internet weekly to search for new VH developments... I understand the internet can be a vast anomole of pranksters and garbage but I assure you - I have no reason or incentive to spread more fabrications about the band..The reality is simple - All the people who surf the net looking for VH information are doing it for one reason...They love the band and want to find out what the heck is going on...

My source may be trash (I've been around long enough to know that the only truth comes straight from the horse's mouth)and just because this guy works for a major record label doesn't mean he knows (or heard) anything REAL about the band...

All that said - I hope you'll continue to correspond in that it has taken me a while to find this chat room and I normally don't involve myself in internet chats but I'll make an acception for VH. I certainly don't consider anything I have posted to be any LESS worthy than reports of Sebastian Bach or Stephen Pearcy taking over the lead spot.
    SO - cut me some slack.

Now - with that said ...I downloaded the Romeo Delight MP3 from Dave's show in Minneapolis. Is that 4 real cuz one of the other chatters on this site said Dave sounded GREAT in these recordings...I thought his voice was harsh...He wasn't hitting the high notes very well at all and he seemed to do a lot of mumbling throughout. Not trying to be a Dave basher but when I read that he sounded great, I was expecting a lot better than what I heard...Maybe some of the other tracks are better.... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Cool man. Your tone sounds ok and you seem like a good enough fella. As for cutting you some slack, I wasnt dissing you personally, just reacting to history (hence the no offense at the end). Any slack cut will be given out in time, like I said. Its great that you dig the board and are willing to make an exception to vh chats [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Welcome to the board, and look forward to chattin it up with ya.

I think Daves voice was better than what it has been live over the last few years. Like MikeyMetalHead said the other day though, if the voice is nitpicked (quality of), your missing the whole point of DLR live. But really, I thought he was ok.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EVH needs to wake up! why try to make dave sound like something he's not? I personally like the sound of daves voice over sammys high, baby crying love you dont leave me sound. i dont see how eddie thinks that a range of someones voice makes a difference in what they are bringing to the table, adjust the cords. hes in dreamland and needs to get over sammy.... eddie he's gone! please dont hire another singer to sound like him. if your gonna move forward just do it but it will prob be on a couple of other labels before the big ones figure out you have nothing to offer in record sale and your recording for indepedent labels or your own. VH will never be on top again. sad to think.....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think it's only just a "range" problem with having DLR front VH, I think lyrically DLR is a little to adolescent for Ed's tastes.

Van Halen with Sammy and Gary were so fucking tight live. With DLR, they just sounded loose as a hookers pussy. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

You can disagree with me all you want on this subject, but to me, from a musical standpoint, VH with Sam or Gary was a much tighter unit then with DLR. But then with DLR, you just never knew what the fuck was going to happen.
    [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:54 AM
    Liked 742 Times in 409 Posts

Premium Member
    I don't think there is anything wrong with pushing a person...Sammy said that Ed pushed him vocally - especially on FUCK - easily IMHO the best Sammy ever sounded vocally.

I think MAYBE what is happening is Eddie is trying to push Dave vocally - get new ranges and sounds with Van Halen; Dave on the other hand says "why" - what we have hear is good old fashioned Van Halen - just what the doctor ordered.

I think Ed is pushing to hard (maybe looking for excuses for it not to work) and Dave is trying to do what he does best - sing classic Van Halen. I just wish these two yo-yo's would find a happy medium!
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

Tabula Rasa
    Last Online

09.26.16 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

You have to be positive about the reunion..
    Do you remember Mike saying that the next album would be a return to the old VH sound??
    I think what JAYMONTER (or his insider) said is Timothy B Schmidt=TBS= totally bullshit..

Well. hi to all my old friends here!!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This Van Halen & DLR situation is along the same lines of the way i feel about Metallica. They were once a band that i loved but now am getting to the point where i can't stand them. Metallica pissed me off with the whole Napster thing and i stopped listening to them. Van Halen has pissed me off enough with this bullshit to where i say "fuck these guys" and move on. They're basically spitting in the face of everyone who listens to them by not giving anyone any news and keeping everyone in the dark. I guess that's how you get when you're rich and famous and feel as though everyone owes YOU something and you don't owe them shit despite the fact that they made you what you are. I haven't even been listening to these guys lately. I think it's safe to say that i moved on and have been listening to bands that still exist - unlike Van Halen.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I actually heard something along these lines awhile ago. I tend to think that this is one of the more believible stories out there. I think it's pretty safe to say that DLR and EVH just don't get along and probably never have. I think Ed agreed to try to work with Dave but probably picked everything Dave did apart.
    You've got to remember that Ed was very pleased with Gary's range and to go from that to Dave-who's voice has kink of lost a step or two-probably would'nt work for Ed.
    I agree with the people who say that Ed wants to take his music to the next level but I just feel that Ed does not think Dave can reach that level.
    I don't know who is at that level in Ed's mind-if anybody. Maybe Sammy, Maybe not.
    Maybe Ed's really confused. Who knows?

Al Hagar

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing too that might be worth thinking about is the fact that if Dave was actively working with VH towards a new album and subsequent tour, then why the massive holdout during and after Eddie's cancer treatment..If things were going well, wouldn't it be smarter from a PR standpoint to throw some bait out to the public to buy some time while Ed recovers.....The bait could be anything....It could be an announcement that they have been working together in the studio and the album will be completed after Ed's totally better OR it could be an underground release of one of the recorded tunes. An MTV interview with Ed and Al. Anything to bait the public into waiting a little longer...The fact that we've heard nothing and Dave knows nothing (waiting for Ed to call him) really says to me that this thing isn't happening..

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimmy:
    I don't think it's only just a "range" problem with having DLR front VH, I think lyrically DLR is a little to adolescent for Ed's tastes.

Van Halen with Sammy and Gary were so fucking tight live. With DLR, they just sounded loose as a hookers pussy. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

You can disagree with me all you want on this subject, but to me, from a musical standpoint, VH with Sam or Gary was a much tighter unit then with DLR. But then with DLR, you just never knew what the fuck was going to happen.
    [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you completely, jimmy...

Jaymonster, I echo seenbad's sentiments.None of us knows what is going on, but we have seen so many "insiders" or guys with "inside info" around here that everyone is really jaded. Since you are new, I'll just tell you that there have been some ELABORATE and well-written hoaxes...being a VHND reader, you know what I mean. With that in mind, please don't take it personally if people think you are full of crap on the rumor front...It is what we've been conditioned to... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Welcome to the Links!!! Lots of killer forums here, so try them all! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No offense taken.
    I'm just glad I found a site that I can share info., ask questions and speculate on my favorite band. You all seem pretty cool and though I'm late coming to the game, I assure you that you'll hear from me on a regular basis from now on.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JAYMONSTER:

I'm just glad I found a site that I can share info., ask questions and speculate on my favorite band. You all seem pretty cool and though I'm late coming to the game, I assure you that you'll hear from me on a regular basis from now on.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool man! Any news is good news. Or something like that. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously though. Have fun while you're here man. The beers are free, and the music rocks. Keep the info comming. Only time will tell. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.