Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:13 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

A friend of mine over at the Boston Phoenix, who is trying to score an interview with Gary at their gig next week at the PARADISE Rock Club here in Boston, told me he has heard a rumor of a full fledged tour of the U.S. in several months as an opening act for Van Halen. But as for now, TOJ is just going to continue playing the club circuit in some big cities to promote "Exit Elvis".
    But he hadn't heard of any names as to who would be the singer for VH. We can only hope that this might be a sign that Van Halen is finally ready to play again.

[ November 22, 2002, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Eddymon ]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, if this isn't BS, then it would have to be Dave. Sam has spent to much time pissing in the wind recently with all his bitching in the interviews.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Man OF The People,

Why are you so hung up on bashing Sammy Hagar? If you were to spend the same amount of time and energy helping to spread the word about how great Dave is, you just might help Dave out with ticket sales so he doesn't have to cancel shows for low attendance figures. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Welcome to the real world."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vantrix:
    Man OF The People,

Why are you so hung up on bashing Sammy Hagar? If you were to spend the same amount of time and energy helping to spread the word about how great Dave is, you just might help Dave out with ticket sales so he doesn't have to cancel shows for low attendance figures. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Maybe Sammy should promote instead of whingeing
    and bitching and crying about Dave!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption,HFT,Mean Street,Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

If he scores the interview I'm sure that Gary will be able to give us the inside scoop. Right? Better yet why don't you just go to the show and ask him yourself. Skip the middle man.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

And what does Dave do????????
    If Dave is the balls out bad ass you claim he is, then why the hell does he have such a sorry ass career? I agree that Sammy may not be all that and a bag of chips, but since many of you Roth fans talk about how he is the real deal, the only choice, the classic Van Halen, the almighty, the bad ass front man, the man that claims to be the party, then why the hell can't he get a record deal? Why the hell has he been fired from Van Halen three times and still keeps asking for more? Why the hell is he not taking everybody by storm? Why the hell is he not in Van Halen? Why the hell did he call Sammy do go out on tour with him? Why the hell isn't he headlining arena's coliseums and stadiums? If he is all that as you all claim he is, then what's up then???? I'll tell you straight up that Sammy as a solo artist is not capable of all that, but at least he has a record deal, a steady following, is loyal to his fans and is just straight out cool and likes to play wherever and to whoever he can. You can say whatever you want to say about Sammy and it may all be true, but for someone like Dave whom you guys hold so dearly, where are the results??????????

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Call me a skeptic but I not counting on anything until EVH says something.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.30.06 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's a shame, Sammy does bash Dave way too much. It's overkill, ya know. And it just makes Sam look childish. I used to think he was just blowing off steam but it's now, what, 3 months since the tour ended, and he still won't let up. Kind of like a psyco ex girlfriend who tries to convince everyone what a jerk you are WAY after the relationship is over. Sam should just concentrate on HIS career, not Dave's.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, you said it all right. Given the fact that Sammy is so much less than Dave, he (Sammy) still has a career. Hey, by the way what's up with Dave canceling shows? Why doesn't he just do a free show for his fans to show his appreciation for the die-hard Roth fans that still went to see him on the Sam and Dave show? Maybe then he can get some ticket sales going. Don't you think? He should at least do something for his fans....

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.30.06 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When Sam bailed on those last couple of gigs, Dave and his band showed up at the venues but weren't allowed to play because of the contract which required both bands to be on the bill. The DLR band even jammed without Dave at a couple area clubs. Dave doesn't owe the fans anything other than showing up and performing. Dave only has postponed one show that I know of this year, and that's the one in Vegas. No word on why. Maybe there's a kernel of truth to these classic VH reunion stories? Hmmm.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Ravin' Rude:
    "A little something to hope for, but don't hold your breath" I don't think ANYONE is holding their breath over anything you say.Eddymon, why do you even bother? No one is ever gonna believe a word you say after the shit you pulled. Are you that hard up for attention? In case some of you new guys don't know what I'm talking about, Eddymon was busted a few months back for making up rumors and then creating false identities to agree with himself. How pathetic is that? Eddymon, if you had any self respect, you would never post in the rumor mill again. Obviously, you don't.
    No shit? I thought I saw that going on with some other folks in some of the other forums... If you pay close attention, you can see the similarities in posts and reactions as well as spelling mistakes. Too bad we can't see everyone's IP address, then we could have Brett nip this in the bud. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:13 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Hey read if you want to.
    I can only tell you what my friend told me. Granted the Phoenix isn't a "mainstream" paper, but it does have a pulse on the local community here. And this is just a second hand rumor that he heard and told me about. I personally don't think that Eddie would bring out a former singer on tour with them, nor do I believe that there is even a tour being planned right now. The fact that we haven't heard jack shit from anyone other than Mike saying that he hasn't left the band in 6 fucking months.
    But if the story about them being at an LA Hotel is true, then maybe there is a little ray of hope there now. But if they still don't have a singer, then why bother.
    But being that Gary and VH parted company on good terms, I guess it could be possible for this to happen. Gary stood at the front line of the assault by the fans and took it all with class and dignity. I guess Eddie does owe him a little for that. He (gary) was put in a no win situation with the fans, he knew that.
    Do i think this will happen? NO, but you never know with these guys.

[ November 23, 2002, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: Eddymon ]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

On Fire
    Last Online

10.01.07 @ 07:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"A little something to hope for, but don't hold your breath" I don't think ANYONE is holding their breath over anything you say.Eddymon, why do you even bother? No one is ever gonna believe a word you say after the shit you pulled. Are you that hard up for attention? In case some of you new guys don't know what I'm talking about, Eddymon was busted a few months back for making up rumors and then creating false identities to agree with himself. How pathetic is that? Eddymon, if you had any self respect, you would never post in the rumor mill again. Obviously, you don't.
    By the way, I'm not real good with baby-steps. My specialty is ass-kicking. -DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I think your full of crap Eddymon. I think you make up everything you post in the rumor mill. I think you do it for attention and to also see who you can lead along. I think you talk out of your ass on most every subject you post in.

Just my two cents and is not representative of the other mods.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by OLO:

Just my two cents and is not representative of the other mods.
    But is representative of alot of other people here!
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!