Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.17.11 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For me, VH playing he MTV awards would be the perfect ending to this long ordeal. For that reason, I think the chances of it happening are somewhat likely.

Why? Here's why: What everyone didn't realize at the time, and what we should have, was that it should have been obvious that a tour wasn't going to happen since the band didn't play together live *ONCE* during the entire "reunion".

Even if they come out with guns blazing, new album, tour dates, videos, yada yada yada, its never going to be enough until they play in front of our eyes. As cool as a new album is, its not a "reunion" until we're watching a $19.99 PPV performance on DirecTV with all of our friends. Or, at the very least, one song on some awards whow, a la MTV awards.

Such a performance is the only way to truly destroy the horror of 1996. Even if they have a full reunion, they're going to show that tape of Dave ranting away with Al, Ed, and Mike looking dumfounded OVER AND OVER until we are all old and grey (Another thing that should have been obvious to us: Dave and the other 3 obviously weren't talking to each other at that point....otherwise Dave would have at least pretended to be on task). UNLESS that event has a happy ending written for it.

Seeing as though VH probably also realizes these things, the event of this happening is not small, even though nothing concrete seems to suggest it will happen.

In my mind, a plausible scenario is for VH to make a huge announcement this week, release a single, and then play at the MTV awards September 7th.

Will it happen? Probably not. Could it happen? Maybe. Would it be cool? Definitely.

10.22.16 @ 02:44 AM
    Liked 242 Times in 141 Posts

Premium Member
    Wouldn't suck, that is for sure. Out

[This message has been edited by track 5 (edited August 06, 2000 at 10:07 PM).]

03.03.15 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

If it happens, that'll be the first time I'll have watched MTV in months.

Moving to Opinions...