Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK, Fair Warning, OU812,BOV1
    Favorite VH Song

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had a thought this morning, is there any reason for this forum anymore? Think about it, the latest word down the pike from VH's new attorney, Starks comments, the hype over the cryptic messages, they all mean NOTHING is happening or will for a long time, so it really tightens the noose around the necks of all these so called "insider's" that have been visiting here, it proves they are all FULL OF SHIT, and really shouldn't be able to post that crap since we all know the truth now, the truth being that nothing is going to happen.

If it ever does is doubtful, so I recommend putting a clamp on these bullshit artist for good.
    "Now whose that Babe with the Babylous shadow?"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:07 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    LOL

Well look at it this way - the BS is gonna flow regardless, we may as well have a place to house it!

I kinda recoil the instant I see the words 'my contact' or 'industry insider' etc etc. Maybe I'm a cynical old fart but I just instantly put them in the mental 'full of shit' bin, but having said that the rumor mills been a pretty good source of fun too, and thats probably the best way to look at it!

Besides, if Brad ever posts here again, we need a place to move his posts to!!

[ February 02, 2002 at 03:44 AM: Message edited by: Goo ]

A little zen....... Headed your way.......

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

'Rumours are just that'...can't remember who it was who made that quote, but that sums up the rumour mill I think. Is still the most fun spot here!
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL, when did Brad ever post here? Go back and look at all the posts from these bozo's claiming to have inside info, really makes them look ridiculous now doesn't it? LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:07 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Well, for reference sakes, here goes the 'brad visits the VHL forums' story

We had a guy here - Sherman - who was semi-connected. he alluded to the fact a dude called mitch malloy had auditioned with the band

So Brad chose this rumor. THis moment in time. Out of all the rumors we were fielding back then(pre PD). He singled out this rumor, he came in and told us it was crap.

Out of all the rumors. He picked this one.

So, of course, within weeks melodicrock.com scored an interview with Mr Malloy.

And dammit, you'll never guess what he said... LOL
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I remember that, sounds like he runs cover for anything the band does, goes to show you what they all think of us. You know, Im an average guy, I run my own framing business, have a killer Tama Starclassic kit with all the Zildjian cymbals I can fit, have nothing but VH and a couple of other 80's bands in my cd player, and I like to come here and Chelles site to shoot the shit and listen to what other people think and hope for something new, and they trip out over us? WTF? The ENTIRE WORLD is hooked up on the web, and they think we're strange? Thats fucked up. Didn't Valerie visit the VHML 3-4 years ago and chat with people? Just reinforces my earlier statements that VH has lost touch with the average working class, too much money does that to you, along with huge ego's.
    Good thing I never became famous, I'd be the biggest prick in the world.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Goo:
    LOL

Well look at it this way - the BS is gonna flow regardless, we may as well have a place to house it!

I kinda recoil the instant I see the words 'my contact' or 'industry insider' etc etc. Maybe I'm a cynical old fart but I just instantly put them in the mental 'full of shit' bin, but having said that the rumor mills been a pretty good source of fun too, and thats probably the best way to look at it!

Besides, if Brad ever posts here again, we need a place to move his posts to!!
    LOL!
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

09.30.15 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

'84Psycho,

Dude you sound just like me. I own my own swimming pool business, play drums, listen to nothing but Van Halen, U2, Pink Floyd, and now Creed. All those bands I just mentioned make me feel good!

I too and come here for the same reasons, and I'm with you on that Eddie and Alex have totally lost touch with the "Real World" and how it operates. They don't care anymore. I'm pretty much thinking the guys have become totally parnoid. Maybe they've always been. What a let down for this long-time fan. I am, believe it or not, slowly swithching allegences.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

84...The rumor mill IS silly sometimes, but it serves a few good purposes...

1. New posters get some great VH history lessons here AND they get to become more discerning when separating truth from fiction.
    2. Its been a good place for some to vent frustration with VH in some FUNNY ways...Some of the gag rumors here have been priceless!!
    3. It gives Eddymon his own special place in the internet world!! Just teasin' ya, Eddymon!!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I have no idea how many of you have actually worked in the music industry for any period of time... but it might be worth considering...

After 20+ years of being a top rock band world-wide and every word you state pubically being published. You can't go to the grocery store or a convenience store for a gallon of milk without some stranger approaching you...

Imagine that...? 20+ years. 2+ decades. Hell some of you have barely existed for that long.

Could it be even remotely possible that a person having been through this might want to take a break from it...???? Might want to spend time w/ their families instead of glued to the monitor of a computer, reading endless babble and the BS that permiates the net...?

Well IMO it's very much possible that VH is out of touch with the public... pretty damn good chance that they have chosen to do so 110% on purpose. Why? Because it's their life...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Geez Zahzoo, I hope you realize I was was kidding about the topic, if they've lost touch, you can make all the excuses you want for them, but the recent attitude from them and Brad isn't cool.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody get me a doctor
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I totally agree with Zahzoo, Eddie Alex and Mike have their own lives to live and their own families to take care of, and for the last 24 years they given us over 10 albums while only taking a year or two off between each one. Who gives a shit if its been four years since their last album. Half you people act like Van Halen owes you something. If anybody owes anybody anything, us fans should owe them our gratitude for the last 24 years of kick ass music they've given us. I'm not saying this is everyone but I've seen some people on this forum and basically they make their whole lives revolve around Van Halen. If eddie ever saw the way some of you people are he would tell you to get a life. I mean sure they could have done some things differently as far as not keeping us in the dark about some things, but most of the things we eventually found out were personal things like eddies cancer. For Gods sake guys thats enough reason to explain why there has been such a long break between VH3 and now. Give the guys a break and stop waiting around for the new album and get on with your lives. Eddie, Alex, Mike, and whoever else they're working with will put something out whenever they damn well feel ready to and it WILL be good. I don't mean to offend anybody because i love the dome and the forums, it just pisses me off to see how some of you people are getting pissed off at the fact that there's no new album yet and you're saying that Van Halen is letting you down, and how you're switching allegences. Next time you try and think that Eddie and the rest of the band owe you something put any of their albums preferably a Dave-Era one and ask yourself that question again.
    "Why behave in public if you're livin on a playground"<p>Van Halen 2002

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Originally posted by 84PSYCHO:
    Geez Zahzoo, I hope you realize I was was kidding about the topic, if they've lost touch, you can make all the excuses you want for them, but the recent attitude from them and Brad isn't cool.
    Psych, I caught your humor and agree the noose should be good and snug around these BS insiders necks!!

I wasn't making excuses for VH just applying my own experiences/logic to the situation... You see I spent about 15 years very actively involved in the music business in the San Francisco bay area back in the 70'/80's. Never attained status anywhere near VH but played in more bands than I can remember, worked in most of the major studios at the time, worked as an audio engineer in all the major rock clubs and assisted one of my ex's running an afterhours Musicians Club in Berkeley for a couple of years.

In the late 80's I decided I wanted out of the rat race and moved away and retired from the music industry. I had had it with the lifestyle, the wannbes always hanging around, some of the local fan base, the drugs, the wackos and pretty much the whole circus scene that surrounded the business. Hell I didn't even pick up a guitar for almost 9 months after leaving.

The point is... I can just imagine from my little slice of the pie what life at VH's level could be like and frankly I can't blame them from taking a few years off and totally focusing on all the other aspects of life other than music, fans, etc... As glamorous as the industry is made out to be... it's not... it's a lot of work and the whole lifestyle takes a heavy toll on a person.

I still play and record my own projects and occasionaly collaborate on some commercial jingles w/ an old buddy . Haven't performed live in about 5 years which was just a guest appearance w/ my cousin's band for 10 minutes... it was a blast but if never do it again it's no big deal...I had the time of my life and have a wonderful life now!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Just another perspective to consider....
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

09.30.15 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

I just want to clarify: I am not pissed because there is no news of a new album or a reunion. I am pretty much just upset with the fact that they don't let their lifelong hard core fans know whats up.

I mean if they want the time off (and I believe they obviously need it), then just say so. How hard is that. I would totally respect that and go peacefully with my life.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool Zahzoo, Im sure we all have our respective positions and opinions on this "mess" I just have to agree that letting us know what they are up to every once in a while wouldn't hurt.

What instrument do you play?
    D