Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

Its quiet in here so here's the latest from the VH1 message board

NEWS*

Enjoy what I have found out for you.
    There will be Van Halen once again.
    In fact the plan is for new VH music in 2003. Likely sometime in the spring.
    How do I know?
    Well most of you won't believe me anyways so fuckit, I'll just let more out than I should.

At a "star-studded" party Saturday Night I got to rub elbows with some pretty famous and high ranking show business executives. We talked about music in general and how the "teenie boppers" seemed to run the music scene right now.
    The subject of the very likely to happen Led Zeppelin tour next year and even the possibilty of a reunited Pink Floyd came up. While there is alot of excitement in the air about seeing Zep on stage again as well as Floyd, I then brought up another band that needs to re-establish itself. That was Van Halen.
    Most were in agreement with what I said, with a couple of others saying nothing.
    But what one person told me and then a couple others confirmed was that Van Halen are indeed regrouping with Sammy Hagar. There are no timetables or dead-lines for them so they are taking it slowly in the early stages.
    I then asked about Sammy's "Not 4 Sale" album and its lackluster sales. The response was generally the same. They believe that that was just a "rush to print" album before the VH pro-gression moves on.

Aparrently the Sammy reunion talks came forth before the Sam & Dave Tour even began. But with Eddie saying that he needed more time, thus giving the blessing for the tour and Mike's participation.
    The reason they gave for Eddie actually being cool to the idea of the tour was that he knew that might be a good way to show the fans that Dave no longer has "it" and that Sammy still does and still knows how to throw a party on stage. He wants that "party band" label back on the Van Halen.

Although the band has no timetable for releasing anything such as a formal statement or even when they will release new music. Most of the people felt that the spring of 2003 seems like a good bet.

One interesting side-note was that one person said that even a Van Halen/Led Zeppelin double bill is a possibility next summer.
    I would hate to see the ticket prices for that tour if it ever happens. But to see two of the biggest hard rock acts ever on the same stage would draw a ton of interest. Maybe thats what Van Halen needs?

Doubters and nay-sayers here is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. As told by people who have a hell of alot more knowledge than the BS posters on various forums.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:04 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Thanks for passing it on bro, but I can't see any reason to belive this one.

'ill give away more than I should' <--- typical bs attention grab.

Unfortunately theres no insiders. Theres noone 'hooked up'. Theres noone at 'star studded parties' yapping bout facts.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by leroy:
    One interesting side-note was that one person said that even a Van Halen/Led Zeppelin double bill is a possibility next summer.
    I would hate to see the ticket prices for that tour if it ever happens.
    well considering jason bonham and zep's people just said the reunion isn't happening because jason was never approached nor had they thought about it, thi is prolly bs

anything on that damn vh-1 message board is

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

Of course its BS I only passed it on for amusement

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.05.09 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If they had regrouped with sammy before the sam and dave show, then how come Sammy was bashing Eddie in the early stages of the tour

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by saxman_28712:
    If they had regrouped with sammy before the sam and dave show, then how come Sammy was bashing Eddie in the early stages of the tour
    What ya mean the early stages , he bashed him throughtout the whole tour!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NEWS*

Enjoy what I have found out for you.
    There will be Van Halen once again.
    In fact the plan is for new VH music in 2003. Likely sometime in the spring.
    How do I know?
    Well most of you won't believe me anyways so fuckit, I'll just let more out than I should.

At a "star-studded" party Saturday Night I got to rub elbows with some pretty famous and high ranking show business executives. We talked about music in general and how the "teenie boppers" seemed to run the music scene right now.
    The subject of the very likely to happen Led Zeppelin tour next year and even the possibilty of a reunited Pink Floyd came up. While there is alot of excitement in the air about seeing Zep on stage again as well as Floyd, I then brought up another band that needs to re-establish itself. That was Van Halen.
    Most were in agreement with what I said, with a couple of others saying nothing.
    But what one person told me and then a couple others confirmed was that Van Halen are indeed regrouping with Sammy Hagar. There are no timetables or dead-lines for them so they are taking it slowly in the early stages.
    I then asked about Sammy's "Not 4 Sale" album and its lackluster sales. The response was generally the same. They believe that that was just a "rush to print" album before the VH pro-gression moves on.

Aparrently the Sammy reunion talks came forth before the Sam & Dave Tour even began. But with Eddie saying that he needed more time, thus giving the blessing for the tour and Mike's participation.
    The reason they gave for Eddie actually being cool to the idea of the tour was that he knew that might be a good way to show the fans that Dave no longer has "it" and that Sammy still does and still knows how to throw a party on stage. He wants that "party band" label back on the Van Halen.

Although the band has no timetable for releasing anything such as a formal statement or even when they will release new music. Most of the people felt that the spring of 2003 seems like a good bet.

I would hate to see the ticket prices for that tour if it ever happens. But to see two of the biggest hard rock acts ever on the same stage would draw a ton of interest. Maybe thats what Van Halen needs?

Doubters and nay-sayers here is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. As told by people who have a hell of alot more knowledge than the BS posters on various forums.
    It was never a party band with Sammy.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:04 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Of course its BS I only passed it on for amusement
    I know, and thats cool. If we never posted anything that might be/definately was BS, there would be no need for this forum LOL [img]smile.gif[/img]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:59 AM
    Liked 567 Times in 309 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by saxman_28712:
    What ya mean the early stages , he bashed him throughtout the whole tour!</font>[/QUOTE]No, he didn't. By midway, Sam was starting to talk about how he missed the best friend he ever had, and how a reconciliation might happen.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Favorite VH Album

1984, Balance, Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mike on SGMAD, Baluchetherium
    Last Online

02.12.07 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

qb][/QUOTE]It was never a party band with Sammy.[/QB][/QUOTE]
    You obviously don't know what your talking about
    How to make a “Mad Anthony”

2 oz Cabo WaboŽ Tequila
    1 oz Spicy V8
    Juice from a fresh Lime
    A generous dollop of Mad Anthony’s Hot Sauce
    Combine in a shaker full of ice and shake it up
    Pour into shot glass garnished with
    a dab of salt
    a small slice of lime
    a slice of Serrano or Jalapeno chili pepper

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nah...

Sammy and Mike are going into the studio for Planet Us sesions and probably tour behind the release in the spring...

Oh well.... [img]redface.gif[/img]
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.10.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am kinda doubting that the Planet US thing happens just because of schedules.

If it does, it will have to be like what Hagar did with HSAS. A couple of free live shows where the material is recorded live.

As far as a tour, the only way I could see that happeneing is if Hagar and Journey tour together. One could open, Planet US would play in-between the two and one could close.

It would be a great bill and would boost attendance for everyone involved.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

03.16.13 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NEWS*
    WELP. One thing we KNOW is not true in the above is that there will be NO Led Zeppelin reunion tour. So that part of the story is false....

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

03.16.13 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Grover:
    I am kinda doubting that the Planet US thing happens just because of schedules.

As far as a tour, the only way I could see that happeneing is if Hagar and Journey tour together. One could open, Planet US would play in-between the two and one could close.

It would be a great bill and would boost attendance for everyone involved.
    The Planet US is 100% definite. The album is done, and there are plans to have Sammy Hagar play for an hour, Journey play for an hour, Planet US play for an hour, ALL on the same bill in 2003.

[img]smile.gif[/img]