Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

01.15.16 @ 12:15 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

Read it folks:

"Word on the street is that there will NOT be an Eat 'Em And Smile-era David Lee Roth band reunion with Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan as Dave is gearing up to record new material with his DLB Band line-up and announce some additional tour dates in the coming months."
    ---http://www.knac.com
    ---look in pure rock news report

Who out there thinks we'll see a new Guns n' Roses album before Van Halen can manage to get their shit together?

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Seeing as GnR has a live DVD from a performance this year, I'd say the odds are pretty good.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What does VH have to do with DLR recording his next failure or that there will be no 'reunion' with Vai and Sheenhan....a question on that, how the hell could it be a 'reunion' if the only did 2 albums together. Is not like they did 15 - 20 years together. Weird thinking.
    Dave is The Grave...with a wig!
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Favorite VH Album

Balance, 1984, VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, I'll Wait
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 AM
    Liked 56 Times in 18 Posts

I'm not gonna buy another "the word on the street rumor". The word on the street in my town is that DLR and VH will put out an album this January and begin touring next spring, so there!! KNAC.com is about as reliable as a Yugo anyway...
    "And now for the benediction..."
    - DLR (Blossom 5/29/02)

"It's a great day for Hockey."
    - "Badger" Bob Johnson

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

umhum...when the Martians land!
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zadian:
    a question on that, how the hell could it be a 'reunion' if the only did 2 albums together. Is not like they did 15 - 20 years together. Weird thinking.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps you putting on some diapers enhance them playing together, then?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Okay, #1--I've always looked to KNAC for some of the most up-to-date hard rock news, not to mention some great interviews with new and old rock stars. Why do people not trust KNAC? All there saying is this may be happening...

#2--Personally, I think DLR just returned to 5150 after his last gig, and I think the band's giving it one more chance.

#3--And, yeah, I'm placing my bet on GN'R. Not only do they have the DVD coming out, but they have a European tour scheduled. In fact, the tour is soldout from what I understand. I'm definitely a bigger VH fan though and I hope I'm wrong here on #3.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Combined with the KZRR interview, this news tidbit has made me pretty pessimistic with regards to VH doing anything in 2002. The KZRR interview isn't as optimistic as it sounds. Even though Dave says a reunion is "inevitable," it doesn't sound like anything more than wishful jest.

Van Halen can easily end up like Guns N'Roses. All this talk about the "new album" with nothing materializing. The last GNR album was "The Spaghetti Incident?" and the last Van Halen album was VHIII, both bad albums to say the least. Let's hope that VH doesn't end on the sour notes of "How Many Say I."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Like I said, despite what KNAC is saying, I still believe DLR is giving the VH thing one more chance. I mean based on Eddie's recent comments, we all know EVH is open to it and waiting for Dave. Now based on DLR's "inevitable" remark and the apparent conclusion to his recent tour, I say they're back at 5150. Also, I think over the past two years it's become obvious what a break in DLR's touring schedule means...it means he's either wasting his time trying to get the EEAS band back together, or he's giving the VH reunion another go.

I agree that it would be pathetic for VH to go out on "How Many Say I" just like it's downright sad that GN'R's last studio album consisted completely of covers. Unfortunately, I agree with a record store owner I spoke with a few days ago. In the eyes of many, GN'R is seen as less of a joke than VH because of the three different lead singers. All in all, VH is the far more superior act in terms of output and success. However, the Cherone move ranks among the dumbest Eddie acts of all time, and it made VH the laughing stock of rock.

I admit I'm a diehard VH fan and will buy anything they put out. At the same time, I'm willing to acknowledge that many people laugh at very mention of VH. That doesn't mean I let that affect how much I enjoy the band's music, but it does make me feel that getting DLR back is the only way for this band to regain any respect from the majority of the rock fans out there.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bet Dave stays solo. I think his whole "a reunion is inevitable" has been blown out of proportion. From what I understand Dave made that statement after pointing out that 2 opposing baseball teams both came onto the field to Runnin with the Devil. Dave then said "when enemy's start using the same music that says something, I think a reunion is inevitable". Nothin concrete from Dave just an observation.
    If Dave is asking for 50% of the total earnings from any reunion tour like it has been said, I say let him stay solo.
    I bet we'll hear some new solo Dave material before to long.

al Hagar

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Al- I agree with your sentiments somewhat. While I think we'll hear VH with Dave before we hear anymore solo Dave, I do agree with you that it's insane for DLR to demand 50 percent. I'm going to make an argument here that some Dave fans might hate, but the only way I could see giving a VH lead singer 50 percent is if that lead singer's Sammy Hagar. Hagar possesses the ability to write some great songs, and if he's putting both lyrical and musical input into the songwriting process, then I'd consider giving him 50 percent more so than I ever would Dave.

BTW, didn't Edward steal the riff to "CGTSNM" from Sammy? I seem to remember hearing confirmed reports that Ed had to send Sammy thousands of dollars to prevent a lawsuit. My point here--Sammy is an established guitarist/singer whereas DLR mainly writes lyrics, and lyrics only. This is just my understanding anyway.

Point blank--50% for Dave?!? Hell no!!!

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

That would be dissapointing if DLR didn't get back with the Yankee Rose Band or VH. I was really looking forward to seeing Vai and Sheehan with DLR after seeing the G3 Tour.

I wouldn't get upset over what KNAC says. They aren't an official source. I'm moving this topic to the Rumour Mill.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!