Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is a copy of the reply I received from Andrew at Melodicrock.com. I asked for what he had, rumor or otherwise. You should take this with a grain of salt. My writing is in italics:

Hi Andrew. You mentioned a long time back that some of your sources said Dave gave Eddie an ultimatum of some sort. Can you elaborate further about this? Do you know what the ultimatum was?
    It was end of Feb I believe, but I am not sure...Ed doesn't want to work with Dave, but has no other option. I believe Ed will only 'hire' Dave back, not actually as a band member. That's why Warner lost patience. But I also now hear that Dave can't get a deal for his solo stuff as it's just too awol for him, so he might re-consider?
    Any info (rumor or otherwise) is welcome.
    That's about the latest! Still nothing in the short term I believe.

Best Regards,
    Andrew.

melodicrock.com
    melodicrock.tv
    There you have it. Take it for what it's worth.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everyone knows that Eddie and Dave don't get along, so why would this be off the wall? It doesn't sound too far fetched to me! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Me either, I just don't want people to think this is anything other than a rumor.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

If I had nickel for everything that hadn't panned out covered by melodicrock... I'd have enough to buy lunch by now...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

If the ultimatum part is true, then Eddie and Dave must had been making some progress. Why would DAVE be giving Eddie an ultimatum unless they did some work together that Eddie wasn't 100% sure would fly? I don't know, I'm just as lost and confused about those two as anybody else.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If this is true, no wonder that asshole Eddie wasn't able to keep Dave around. What does he think? Employee with a sallary? He forgets who made the band famous in the first place. Eddie Van Halen is an asshole.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Rikk:
    If this is true, no wonder that asshole Eddie wasn't able to keep Dave around. What does he think? Employee with a sallary? He forgets who made the band famous in the first place. Eddie Van Halen is an asshole.
    You don't know whether it's true, yet you are comfortable calling him an asshole anyway?

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Rikk,

Hang on a second here bro.

Put yourself in Ed's shoes for a minute. Imagine yourself managing a business at this very moment and you have / HAD a co-worker that the two of you are like oil & water. You can't stand the sight of each other, let alone work together. It is YOUR responsibilty to make sure this business succeeds in it's next endeavours.

Now then, this "co-worker" is popular with some of the other workers, but can't do things the way YOU ask him to do. Remember, YOU are the boss now and it's basically "your way or the highway". Are you really going to hire this guy back, even IF all your co-workers would like to see him back? Maybe these other co-workers don't know what you know about this guy and their vision of him is jaded.

Do you conform to public pressure or do you do what YOU feel is right for YOUR business?

Back to Van Halen now...

DLR has NOTHING to do with Van Halen at this time. He has no say with how the band proceeds forward and it's not up to him to decide how much "say" he'll have IF he ever comes back. This is truly ED's band now. He really doesn't have to hire Dave back now, even if it's what WE all want. It all just comes down to what he wants to do and what direction he wants to go.

Oh yeah...and that comment about "Dave made Van Halen famous in the first place"...

You're NOT serious about that, are you? Do you really think VH became the band they did because of DLR alone? I think Ed's virtuosity is a MAJOR reason they became who they did.

Dave may have had a part in contributing to the success of the band, but he is in NO WAY solely responsible for VH's success.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You're right. He's not solely responsibly for the band making it. But I do believe that if he weren't around, the band wouldn't have done half of what they did. He got them all their publicity, he was the public image of the band. David Lee Roth was like a breath of fresh air as a frontman.

As for Eddie's business, I think Eddie knows very well that if he wants his business to continue to succeed, he needs every piece of the original puzzle. Dave deserves more than a paying sallary to revitalize the band and bring them millions upon millions. He deserves a piece of the action. Ed's ego is too big, and this is his way of saying that he is and always was the band. It's simply not true. Ed was of course the biggest innovator. But in no way is it fair to consider David Lee Roth an extra little ingredient that deserves a sallary...especially if the band NEED Dave to survive.

Too many bands break up over shit like this. KISS's reunion didn't last very long because Ace and Peter were sallary. I feel it was fair to make them sallary because I don't think they were quite as fundamentally important to KISS as Dave was to Van Halen (though they still were very important, and all KISS fans who still cared lost out in the end when Peter quit again). Same with THE EAGLES. Don Felder quit because he wanted a bit more of the action. He was practically an original member (he joined during their third of six original albums) and wanted a bit more of the cut, so they recently cut him loose and act as if he was never required. Though I am really looking forward to the new Eagles album due at the end of this year, it's going to be weird hearing it without the guy who wrote most of the song HOTEL CALIFORNIA.

Eddie should get off his high horse. He's got almost nobody to work with, and I'm not going to respect the reunion not happening because Eddie wants to hold back what Dave deserves for taking part.

So, I'll amend. IF this is the reason the reunion hasn't been happening, Eddie Van Halen is an asshole.

I respect any arguments others have.

[ February 19, 2002 at 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Rikk ]</p>
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

FW & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Mean Streets
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

S-A-L-A-R-Y

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DirtyFacedKid:
    S-A-L-A-R-Y
    Oops. My bad.

Last Online

12.06.17 @ 09:27 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts

Hi all,
    Just in my defence here, in relation to the statement "If I had nickel for everything that hadn't panned out covered by melodicrock... I'd have enough to buy lunch by now... "

Well, fair enough, but in the cold light of day, no source/reporter/website in 24 months has had a single report actually officially verified, so is the circus of this situation.

I'll continue to report what news comes out of sources in LA and beyond, but only the ones I know and trust to possibly hear something correct.

If you go way back to my Feb 2000 report, apart fromt he obviously crap reference to Coverdale, the remainder still remains unproven!

I get the feeling we'll be waiting longer still for any straight answers on any of the rumours of the last 2 years.

Best regards,
    Andrew.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

Originally posted by melodicrock:
    I get the feeling we'll be waiting longer still for any straight answers on any of the rumours of the last 2 years.

Best regards,
    Andrew.
    somehow i don't doubt it [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by melodicrock:
    Hi all,
    Just in my defence here, in relation to the statement "If I had nickel for everything that hadn't panned out covered by melodicrock... I'd have enough to buy lunch by now... "

I dunno about anyone else - but here in New York you'd need a few hundred nickels to buy lunch.

I know I've heard very similar things as Andrew from different places. Sure there's a lot of bullshit out there but VH haven't been doing nothing, things have probably changed frequently. They just haven't told us.
    Delusions of eloquence

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Jonathan:

Sure there's a lot of bullshit out there but VH haven't been doing nothing, things have probably changed frequently. They just haven't told us.[/QB]
    There's a shock!
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson