Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

O.K...I have never started a rumor before and I am probably the furthest thing from an insider but I heard this on the radio this afternoon so I figured, what the hell. I'll post it and see if anyone has any thoughts...

A local station played a bunch of classic VH tunes for DLR's b-day, and afterwards the dj said "I can't wait for the pay-per-view concert the boys are doing with Dave."

So, being the dilligent VH fan that I am, I called the radio station to inquire about this. The dj said that Dave will be re-uniting with VH for one pay-per-view concert only to be aired sometime in the next few months, and that it is to coincide with the release of a box set due out by the end of the year. She said it is only one concert, location yet to be announced, and will be broadcast live on pay-per-view. When I asked her where she got her info from, she said Warner Bothers records.

So, is this more bullshit? Or does it just show that radio stations know about the same as us regular fans, which is zero? Hell, this may have already been a rumor in here that I missed, and I might be just re-hashing something that has been shot down as false already. Like I said, I am no insider or anything. Just posting what I heard this afternoon.

I hate to spread rumors...I have read enough lately about VH to last me a lifeftime and I am pretty sick of them, myself. But, then again, if the band is not speaking, us fans don't have much else to go on besides rumors and speculation. I hope no-one decides to crucify me on this one. I just figured I'd put it out here and see what you all had to say. I, myself think it's bullshit but then again, I'm just some dumb fan from North Carolina who is so starved for new VH info that I'll listen to just about anything!!

------------------
    "Like a blind man at an orgy, I was gonna have to feel things out."

"There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone." - Ancient Chinese Scripture

Grateful Van Priest

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I just called my friend and he said he has heard nothing about this and the only thing he is getting for info the past few days is that they wll be doing a major tour late spring, but the new material will be out well before the tour begins so who knows?
    He still is saying that we just may be getting the first single on radio by or around Thanksgiving.
    So we'll just have to wait and see.
    Hoopefully he is getting better info than the Reporter because I don't have much ass left after all of you chewed it up the past several months.

------------------
    it don't mean a thing if it aint got no dings.

great to be back!!!!

I am the ruler of the science age**

[This message has been edited by Eddymon (edited October 10, 2000 at 11:36 AM).]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I could never see Van Halen reuniting just to do one concert. Methinks this DJ is mis-informed.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with Glenn. Sounds like the 4th of July pay per view rumour, mixed with someones skepticism that they could last longer than 1 day together.

Not to bring Eddymon down, but I wouldn't trust his sources either. He's cool and all but his sources have not proved fruitful yet.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    I could never see Van Halen reuniting just to do one concert. Methinks this DJ is mis-informed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...I agree with ya Glenn. I don't think radio personnell are any more informed than the average fan and I believe that VH has more integrity than to re-form with DLR simply for the money. I just thought it was an interesting thing I heard and wanted to get some feedback on it. Not trying to mis-lead anyone.

By the way...I posted some trivia questions in VH101...check 'em out and tell me what you think. I'm sure you'll know the answers but, it's still fun to test everyone's knowledge, though mine seems pretty miniscule compared to yours and others on here!

Rock on!

------------------
    "Like a blind man at an orgy, I was gonna have to feel things out."

"There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone." - Ancient Chinese Scripture

Grateful Van Priest

AZ Halen
    I agree, I don't think they would do just one show. Would they all stay this quiet, for so long, for just one show??? Sorry, I don't buy it......AZ

------------------
    Why behave in public if you're living on a playground? Fools...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

04.12.16 @ 04:42 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts

I didn't want to start a new thread about what I heard from a radio personality, so I'll just post it here:

Last night I was at a sports bar in the Mall of America watching the Vikes/Bucs Monday night game (VIKES WON!! WOOHOO!).

Anyway, the local rock station was broadcasting from this place. After the game (and a few beers) I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask this radio personality if she knew anything.

I asked her if she knew what was going on with Van Halen. She said something like "not much right now. Ed is still recuperating and they're in no hurry to do any recording."

I asked whether they were working with Dave. She said something like, "it was rumored awhile back, but it'll never happen." She stated it like it was a fact instead of just saying something like "I'm not sure, but here's what I heard....."

I just thanked her for her time and walked away. It actually didn't bother me, hearing that (maybe because I had a few beers in me and my team just won a big game to stay undefeated). I just thought, "well, that's a new one!"

So basically, if you ask 5 different people, you'll get 5 different answers.

As usual, I don't know what the hell to think about the band's status.

Sometimes I think that the real reason that we're not hearing any news from VH is very simple:

There IS no news!

(I hope that's not the case, of course).

------------------
    "..Stare at disbelief at me when I just up and walk, OUTTA LOVE!"--DLR, Outta Love Again

"That's the thing about self-improvement. Don't get me wrong, I plan to get some soon"
    --DLR, Can't Get This Stuff No More

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

But no news is good news, remember Bassman. LOL

Really, if Van Halen reunites with Dave, they are going to go all out. They would never just play one show and deny so many fans the chance to see the real deal live. They would be the worst career move since David Lee Roth left Van Halen.

------------------
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    VHLinks.com Graphics Dude
    "I'm just a punk kid who plays guitar" =EVH=

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Top Timmy:
    the worst career move since David Lee Roth left Van Halen.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Which time?

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is understood doesn't have to be discussed. I heard that somewhere before but can't put my finger on it.

------------------
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    VHLinks.com Graphics Dude
    "I'm just a punk kid who plays guitar" =EVH=

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    No way in hell they do something that stupid. I can see them doing a pay-per-view concert during the tour, but not just a one off ppv thing.

And the Box Set thing really wouldn't make a whole hell of alot if sense after they just released the Remasters. With that being said, I gave up trying to figure them out years ago. LOL.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

yeah...vh will go all out like top timmy said...he hit the nail on the head. this ain't gonna be a one deal gig!!

all the dj's know squat to be honest...only brad and the sherm know...so for now...we wait..

JMJ

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

01.24.08 @ 08:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DJ is missinformed (arnt they all??) must be talking about the 4th July BS.
    THERE IS NO WAY VH WILL DO JUST ONE SHOW!!!!!!
    When it happens (and it will) it will be balls to the wall in your face! Larger than life tour to top all tours!
    NO Pay Perview shit!! Trash this one too

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

YEAH! Radio people suck! They don't know ANYTHING! Let's hang 'em all by their gonads!

OK...hang 'em all except for ONE!

------------------
    "Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

-David Banner, shortly before his untimely demise, at least as far as the outside world knew.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.22.10 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't take this ! ... Only a concert in PPV ? ... I don't think ! ... Sounds too strange , too strange !

------------------
    Eddie_italian from Italy --- member of the G4

Listen to VHvault.com L.S.D. &
    Tribute Radio
    Member of The Van Halen Vault
    VHVault.com Inside 5150

DIAMOND MAFIA ... respect the family !