Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello Fellow Fans& Vhlinkers, AS you can see from my posting history I do not post often,but I remain a loyal fan and love this website.I live in the southern Ca. area, Claremont to be exact,a small but well known college town in the suburbs outside LA. I have struggled with the idea of posting this news but feel I must now.I am not saying what I have heard out here is written in stone,And I don`t care about getting flamed,that`s why I`m posting here.HERE GOES: During one of the Laker championship games the other week,I was invited to a local seafood place in West Covina ca. To watch the Game with some freinds. Some of my friends had invited a few other guys I had`nt met before.After some small talk about the game one of my friends told one of the guys at the table that I played guitar,anyway it somehow came up in conversation. One of the guys in the group I hadn`t yet been introduced to quickly asked me who my favorite guitar player was.Without hesitation I said Eddie Van Halen.He then proceed to tell me that he was a big VH fan,And that he knew Michael Anthony personally.You could imagine my delight and surprise at that information.It seems as though his company had done some extensive work at a few of Mike`s properties.Over the years I have been fortunate enough to have met every member of the original VH lineup but never more than a few short conversations.Once before fame,and a few times after.But here was someone who told me that he frequenly goes to Mikey`s house.So I asked him if he had heard any reunion news he could share.Well he then suprized me with the following news.He said that Eddie had been diagnosed with a cancerous lesion on his toungue and on the conecting tissue between the toungue and the mouth.That he had recieved aggressive treatment and was doing well.He said that a full scale reunion with Roth had been in the works when all this came down with Eddies health,and indeed put everything on hold.What he told me next was a shocking to say the least.He said that there was NO ANIMOSITY WHAT SO EVER between Roth and VH. That Alex,believe it or not, had kept in touch with Dave through out Gary`s tenure in the band.And that The current Roth tour is what some of us suspected about a tune-up for the real thing.The Band really wants this Reunion for a # of reasons,money being one for at least one member of the band.And that they really do miss being on top.Eddie`s health was still an issue was still a major factor in the continued hold-up of the reunion.He repeatedthat Eddie was on the road to recovery. Here is the WILD PART! He said that Mike or even EDDIE might show up for at least one of Dave`s gigs.He repeated that there is no animosity between Roth and the Band. Any way I could not keep this secret anymore.He told me he would give me more information if hears something new.It seems as though Mr. Roth is very good at keeping secrets too.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Congratulations!

I think this is the first rumor ever posted on this board or any other in the last 2 years that wasn't obviously bullshit from the first word.

Of course, there's really not much new info here either, except for the idea that Alex had kept in touch with Dave. While it's true that Al & Dave were fairly close in the old days, Al seemed to echo every word Eddie said in 1986 and 1996. Well at least the 96 part we can blame on Danniels. Maybe once Alex realized what a dick his ex brother in law really was, he also realized all the lies that Ray had him believing. Who knows, maybe even Alex's marriage was part of the setup to get Ray Danniels in with the band?
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it wouldn't surpise me that the boys from VAN WEASEL wouldn't be men enough to fire SAMMY so they hire RAY to push SAM out the door. i really don't believe that they get along, and if they did why wouldn't AL and MIKE join him on this mini tour?

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by topik killer:
    it wouldn't surpise me that the boys from VAN WEASEL wouldn't be men enough to fire SAMMY so they hire RAY to push SAM out the door.

huh? I never heard of any major problems between Sammy and the brothers before Danniels entered the picture. It was Ray who created the situation that led to Sam being fired. But it was still Eddie who fired him.

i really don't believe that they get along, and if they did why wouldn't AL and MIKE join him on this mini tour?

Because then Eddie would look like a bad guy for not showing up. And besides, the tour ain't over yet. I wouldn't rule out an appearance by Mikey.

[ June 23, 2001 at 09:26 AM: Message edited by: FORD ]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Sounds good. I really hope it's true.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    [QB]
    Of course, there's really not much new info here either, except for the idea that Alex had kept in touch with Dave. QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that isn't a new idea. It's been posted in the last 3 weeks that Dave and Alex have kept in touch and get along well.
    [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you FORD, I consider you one of the most reliable and cosistant voices on this site. When I recieved the info I posted I recalled Dave making the remark about the new bass player and some SUPRISES. Not to imply that Mike is the bass player for Dave`s tour this summer,but that a suprise appearance by Ed or Mike could be on the Short list of posibillities. Thanks again FORD. I hope it all pans out for A VH reunion.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by Jimmy/James:
    The Band really wants this Reunion for a # of reasons,money being one for at least one member of the band.

That would be Alex from what I understand. Divorce dont come cheap.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jimmy/James, thanks for sharing your story with us. I have no doubt about what you were told. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I really hope that they are getting along as good as your "source" told you.

"Maybe next year".........DLR 2001

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

But I'm wondering one thing, wouldn't VH/DLR be basically "announcing" a reunion if they appear together? I just have a vision of all 4 members together at an announcement. Either way it's good news if true.

I can hear it now "We were just in the area and decided to drop by, one thing led to another and BAM! here we are together again. A' la Kiss on MTV's unplugged. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FORD, there were problems before they started BALANCE. after ED LEFFLER died ED didn't think that it would be appropriate to release UNBOXED but differences were ironed out enough to star working on BALANCE. SAMMY presented "HIGH HOPES" but the rest of the band wasn't interested. i meant why doesn't AL and MIKE play with DAVE. they worked on three songs but ED said they wouldn't be used. must not have been up to their standards.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

JJ...a very interesting post...don't be a stranger! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

All Of Them
    Last Online

02.17.12 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Was Sam fired? I thought Ed called Sam up and said....we have to talk after Dave had already recorded for Best Of....and Sam went ape shit.
    This Member:Van Halen Fan EST. 1978

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nobody really knows the story, but Sammy either quit or was let go (I'm betting on the latter) on Father's Day, after which he basically found out that they had Dave in recording songs and were in talks with Sammy's replacement - all before letting Sammy go.

That said, thanks for sharing what info you have, but it sounds a little too "recycled" for me to buy it. Everybody seems to have rumors that corroborate current beliefs, and those that totally go against it always seem to be correct. I'm still looking for that, "out there," rumor a la what Sammy said last year.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."