Register
    Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have recieved a strong rumor from the friend from the left coast that Van Halen and Metallica are in talks to tour together this summer.

I asked if they heard about Dave collaborating with Lars and Kirk and the response I got was its just for some additional music for his DVD and to not make too much out of it. Both parties are on a break from their respective bands new albums production and Dave took the time to finally finish his long awaited DVD that he called "very entertaining and a reminder of what rock and roll is all about."

Talk to ya soon.
    "Tucker"

[ January 18, 2002 at 06:59 AM: Message edited by: Tucker Williamson ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

God help us.

I hope 1/2 of this is true though.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Strong rumor eh? What did it smell like? [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Originally posted by Tucker Williamson:
    I have recieved a strong rumor from the friend from the left coast that Van Halen and Metallica are in talks to tour together this summer.

I asked if they heard about Dave collaborating with Lars and Kirk and the response I got was its just for some additional music for his DVD and to not make too much out of it. Both parties are on a break from their respective bands new albums production and Dave took the time to finally finish his long awaited DVD that he called "very entertaining and a reminder of what rock and roll is all about."

Talk to ya soon.
    "Tucker"

[ January 18, 2002 at 06:59 AM: Message edited by: Tucker Williamson ]
    Tucker will you cut the crap about these so called confirmed stories. It's getting tiresome.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

one band without a singer, and one band without a bassist. both bands with no new product to tour behind. isn't whats-his-name still in rehab-atallica?
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Top Of The World
    Last Online

05.31.12 @ 04:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Tucker Williamson:
    I have recieved a strong rumor from the friend from the left coast...
    Tucker Williamson, couldn't you at least go through the trouble of giving us some kind of a source for your info?

Let me help you here.

1) Try and use terms such as "a very reliable source in the Van Halen camp", or "a legal profesional with WB" or at least say "a reliable source in the music industry". Any of the above phrases would help your rumour to spread faster.

Good job on giving us a non-confirmable date. Its always best to use an open ended time frame, such as later this year or in the summer (as you used).

Its good to give a more exact place rather than being exact on the place this info comes from. For example, sources residing in L.A. or New York are usually more accepted than sources in Oklahoma or Kansis City. However you did elude to "the left coast" which I take to mean the pacific coast and likely L.A., so good effort there.

All in all, you are improving rumour attempts, but more time is need in the writing process to come up with a more accepting rumour.

Keep in mind, people want to believe, so that makes your job easier. However some level of validity must be upheld before a rumour will take hold,

P.S.: for research, you may want to look up some of the thousands of defunk rumours over the past two years. Many are arcived at the VHND.

Good luck in the future.

[ January 23, 2002 at 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Nerf Herder ]</p>
    "The last singer was a singer, I am THE singer" - DLR

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Originally posted by Nerf Herder:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tucker Williamson:
    I have recieved a strong rumor from the friend from the left coast...
    Tucker Williamson, couldn't you at least go through the trouble of giving us some kind of a source for your info?

Let me help you here.

1) Try and use terms such as "a very reliable source in the Van Halen camp", or "a legal profesional with WB" or at least say "a reliable source in the music industry". Any of the above phrases would help your rumour to spread faster.

Good job on giving us a non-confirmable date. Its always best to use an open ended time frame, such as later this year or in the summer (as you used).

Its good to give a more exact place rather than being exact on the place this info comes from. For example, sources residing in L.A. or New York are usually more accepted than sources in Oklahoma or Kansis City. However you did elude to "the left coast" which I take to mean the pacific coast and likely L.A., so good effort there.

All in all, you are improving rumour attempts, but more time is need in the writing process to come up with a more accepting rumour.

Keep in mind, people want to believe, so that makes your job easier. However some level of validity must be upheld before a rumour will take hold,

P.S.: for research, you may want to look up some of the thousands of defunk rumours over the past two years. Many are arcived at the VHND.

Good luck in the future.

[ January 23, 2002 at 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Nerf Herder ]
    </font>[/QUOTE]The problem here Nerf Herder he has no source. If he did he would have responded like you stated above. He's lying through his teeth just to ge us all up into a frenzy. Sorry Tucker I and a lot of other people here have been burnt too many times.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I wouldn't mind seeing this mythical double bill, but it isn't going to happen.

Sue-tallica isn't going to be an opening band at this point and a reunited Van HALEN wouldn't even open for the Beatles if John & George came back for a one gig appearance.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14