Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Took this off Dark Horizons.Com:

Van Halen Song: The legendary band will be releasing a new album in the Fall with their first and most legendary singer David Lee Roth rumoured to be back with them. Thing is the first song released will apparently be the single "Magic Carpet Ride" which is the main track for a Fall release movie, question is which one.

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

I sure they could do a killer version of Magic Carpet Ride but VH has done way too many cover songs in their history. It would just be a shame if their new tune(after waiting 16 years for the original line-up to get back together) would be a cover.

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree. However if it comes with 10 other new songs I'll be more than happy.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i kinda like the idea of them doing that song..

------------------
    Eddie Van Halen , there is no substitute.... Member of the G4 ...... fuck all boy bands....."Its restAraunt with an A !"

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I just heard it in the car today, and I forgot how much that song rocks. I could definitely see Eddie's version of that. There's a cool distorted ending to that song the he would have a MAJOR field day with, adding his own special 'touches'.

Too bad Brad shot this one down.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is some strange Karma going on with this song. Lemme tell ya why....

My father, now 52 years old, is an avowed oldies junkie. He HATES everything that came after, oh, around 1968 or so. However, his all-time favorite song is Magic Carpet Ride. He hated me listening to VH, but when I would play You Really Got Me or Dancing in the Streets or Pretty Woman, he 'accepted' them. Otherwise, he writes them off as 'noise'.

So, while I ABHOR the thought of VH ever doing another cover song (yawn...gag me with a spoon), if they have to do one, Carpet Ride would be my choice, JUST so I could go visit the old man and egg him on.

------------------
    Official Calculator of the VHLinks...and damn proud!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The MCR rumour originates (as far as I know) from the fact that it is listed under Van Halen at the ASCAP publishing site. However that song is published by BMI - at least the Steppenwolf thing. It makes you wonder though....how could a song that isn't even published by ASCAP be accidentally mistyped into their database for Van Halen.

The other mystery (mentioned more than once) at the ASCAP site is why the Yes song "Seen All Good People" is listed under Van Halen and has been for ages (well over a year).

Oh yeah, I also checked the BMI site....That's Why I Love You is listed there with VH as performers but not writers??? What's with that?

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    I tend to agree with what Van Gully said. A new song by Van Halen a cover? Of course anything new would be cool. But making a new album and the band's first single a cover? Come on, I hope not. Oh well, it beats not hearing anything at all I suppose. Out.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I don't buy it, and I hope it's not true. I don't like the song to begin with, but I really doubt the first thing we'd hear from VH is another band's song.

Just doesn't make any sense for them to do that.

------------------
    "Dude, he looks like Rumplestiltskien. Get back under the bridge mu-fugger!!" - An enlightened assessment after having viewed a photograph of Ray Daniels, provided by seenbad

Official Bartender Of VHForums

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree DIF! Eddie has always said that he hated doing covers and I think the last thing he would do is let Dave have the satisfaction of having the first single being a cover. I think there is still too much rivalry between Ed and Dave for them to do a cover tune first when Eddie is really the leader of the band these days.

------------------
    RD

"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    ugh!!!

I'd rather they find a different singer than release another cover as a single.

Whatever they release first will probably get a shitload of airtime, why not make it one of your own songs?????

I hope this in not true.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anything at this point would be a good idea . I will always give something a chance . I wish they would do something though because they are becoming somewhat of a joke . It's time to release something and quit mulling over it . VH 1 was done in two weeks ... what's the prob ?

------------------
    GO PACKERS !!!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ever since I saw the dodge commercial with this song "Magic Carpet Ride" I thought, what a cool song with a cool car. Then I hear this rumor, and I thought hmmm...Dodge just released that commercial with the bad cover of hot for teacher intro, then this rumor comes out? I see a conspiracy theory here! And what about Dodge's new Slogan "Definitely Different" Everything's RED!! Its all coming together Now! Van Halen with David Lee Roth Tour sponsored by DODGE!!!

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diggyd:
    Anything at this point would be a good idea . I will always give something a chance . I wish they would do something though because they are becoming somewhat of a joke . It's time to release something and quit mulling over it . VH 1 was done in two weeks ... what's the prob ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not just one problem, but lots.

I think legal issues are playing bigger role than we know, concerning contracts with Ray Daniels and Dave, respectively. Well, not "respectively" when it comes to Ray, but you know what I mean.

There's a potential fortune to be made off of this reunion, so contracts could be contentious. You never know.

Creating a whole new album, trying to get on better ground with each other, family, health... It goes on.

They're not 20 years old anymore. They've got a lot on their plates. Add to all that the fact that this album HAS to be good because of how bad 3 was. (I know, I know, "bad" is a relative term, blah blah blah... )

And, VH 1 had songs that they had been playing for a while before they recorded the album. It's not as if they went into the recroding studio and created the album in two weeks from scratch.

This has been the longest period of time they've been together since '84. I think that's a great sign. We'll get the goods soon enough.

------------------
    "Dude, he looks like Rumplestiltskien. Get back under the bridge mu-fugger!!" - An enlightened assessment after having viewed a photograph of Ray Daniels, provided by seenbad

Official Bartender Of VHForums

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Down In Flames:

This has been the longest period of time they've been together since '84. I think that's a great sign. We'll get the goods soon enough.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never thought of the current situation in this way. I must say I do believe you are right DIF. This is a reat sign! Thanks for enlightening my feeble mind.

------------------
    I'm a spark on the horizon.
    ...stayin' round here takes patience, it's like a full time occupation...