Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the CD burning thing so excuse me if this is a stupid question. If I burn a certain CD many times on different occasions, will it make any difference to the quality of the original CD that I'm burning from? Thanks. I think this is the right forum for this question.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Nope, cd's are 'read' by a laser, not by a head or a stylus, like tapes or vynal. Since theres no physical contact, they wont wear at all. Also theres no 'generational' losses (as a rule, unless someones made a shoddy copy)... that is, a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.. pretty much sounds the same as the origional, no hisses etc

Just for reference, a few things to watch when burning cds to trade

-Dont burn too quick, I usually do mine at 2x speed, although my burner can do 4x... if you burn too quick you'll get tiny pops on the copy. this is kinda reliant on your pc/burner combo though, so experiment, but listen for pops on the copy

-burn 'disc at once' and make sure theres no gaps between tracks - on live albums this break between tracks is a nono, youll hear the audience noise broken by a 2 second 'lead-in' silence

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Yo Goo I have another question? I was burning my first cd the other day, and when I tried to change cd's, it kept telling me I had already used up the whole cd. I don't remember exactly what it said, but do you know what I'm talking about? Put it this way, I can burn one cd to my blank one, but can't change different cd's to the blank. ie. trying to make my own best of. I only tried that one time so maybe I should read the instructions better. Any tips would be helpful from anyone. I know, I'm a dumb ass. Out.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Track, were you recording onto a CDR. With a CDR (as opposed to a CDRW), once you've burned once, you can't burn again, even if you only burn one song. Don't feel stupid at all, I wasted a couple of CDr's trying to figure my burner out. I have one CDR that has only one song (Romeo Delight) and another one that will only play in my computer, nowhere else.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

By the way, thanks for the information Goo. It's good to know. I've burned my Live and Loud CD at least six times and I'd hate to think I was damaging it, since these boots are rarities.

Last Online

Premium Member
    Good Lord! YES Glenn I bought TEN cdr's. What a fucking dumb ass. That's what I get for asking some punk ass kid at Best Buy for what to buy. Thanks a million Glenn for your help. That explains alot. By the way, what is the reasoning behind a cdr if one can only record once on it? Thanks man. Out.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The thing is, you only want to burn if you have a whole CD worth of stuff to do at once. There's nothing wrong with buying ten of them. Hell, when I first got this burner a month ago or so, I went nuts, burning everything in sight. Like I said though, once you burn onto a CDr, it's permanant, so it's not quite the same as making a mix tape on cassette where you can tape over it and make another mix tape. With CDRW's, you can record again and again, but CDRW's won't play in my ghetto blaster. They will only play in the computer, which is no good to me. If you just want to listen on the computer though, the CDRW is a great way to go because when you get tired of the tunes, you can just erase the disc and start again. But if you're getting into trading boots, you'll have to go with the CDR's, in which case you'll go through those ten you bought in no time.

Last Online

Premium Member
    Glenn I hate to keep buggin' ya, but could you answer another one? So with a cdr, I can only burn the whole master disk at once? I mean I can't make my own best of? Put it this way, I was making a tape for our gym to use. Trying to make a killer VH cd. Once I pulled out VH1 and went to get FW to record off of, my computer kept telling me my cd was full. I had only recorded 2 songs off of VH1. Thanks for your help. Out.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

No, you should be able to record several different things onto one CDR, it's just that it all has to be done at once. My burner is in my computer, so it's the only burner I've got any experience with. I'll tell you how mine works using real VH songs as examples, and see if that helps at all. With mine, the computer has a program called easy CD creator. I put VH1 in the disc drive, then drag the songs I want into the audio layout box. Say I want On Fire. I drag song 11 into the layout box. Then I remove VH1 from the drive, put VH2 in and drag (for example) song 10 (Beautiful Girls) into the same layout box. Now the layout box says this

Track 1-song 11 from disc 1
    Track 2-song 10 from disc 2

You put all the songs you want into that box, and then you burn them all at once. On mine, it tells you how much time you have remaining for songs, counting down from 74 minutes. Now with mine, once you start to burn, you have to put each disc in for each song if you're recording from various CD's, like the example above. For the example above, I'd put in VH1, the computer would record it, it would spit it out and ask for the blank CD, record On Fire, spit the blank out, ask for VH2, spit that out after it record B Girls, then spit it out and ask for the blank CD again. When doing individual songs, it can take a little longer, but it does work. I hope this helps, let me know. Is your burner in your computer?

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

This has been a pretty informative little topic

Track- Also watch out for the box (if there is one on your program) that asks if you want to close the session. Say no if you want to add or delete before you burn.

Man, I wasted so much fucking time with this thing before I figured it out. Literally weeks. I felt like a total dumb ass. Not enough instructions for me with the program.

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

YUUNNK!!

(this message will self destruct in 5 seconds)

Last Online

Premium Member
    Hey Glenn and Seenbad I do appreciate the help. You have no idea how much. Glenn, yes it's on my new computer. It's Adaptec Create cd burner. Thanks guy's once again. Hey Seenbad, I'll send you a list of what I have to burn for a trade of what you sent me on E-mail. And Glenn I will send you a list as well for your troubles tonight if your interested. Later guys. Out.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Absolutely track 5, send me your list, I'd love to see it.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

cool track.

remember to send it to seenbad@aol.com

janderson@greens.com no longer exists!

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

YUUNNK!!

(this message will self destruct in 5 seconds)

Last Online

Premium Member
    Once again Seenbad sorry to here about that. Did you get my E-mail the other day? Glenn I owe you that for sure. Not a problem. I'll send you guys my video list as well. I've got some killer Martha Stewart vids you might want to check out. LOL. That's a joke for Seenbad, Glenn. Seen has the same twisted humor as mine. Thanks again Glenn for your help.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

No problem at all, I'm glad it helped. I think that we have the same CD burner, so that probably makes it easier. I wasn't sure if I was making any sense. Sometimes it's easier to do something than to explain it. Look forward to seeing your list. As you'd say, I'm out.