Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: 1980

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

doesnt anyone find it odd how the 1980 wacf tour is the only tour that has NO VIDEO FOOTAGE availible in circulation whatsoever? like even for the album! every album had vids or promos! wacf had none! well there was this weird crazy black and white version of loss of control (which i have only seen like 5 seconds of) but that was never released. i wonder how it got out...... i find it quite strange how wacf didnt have vids to promote it or anything... i cant beleive no one bootleg video taped that tour! or they probably did but they arent sharing.... haha!

does anyone have the FULL loss of control vid on vhs? even if its crappy or anything.

------------------
    *Don't Stop Believin'!* - Steve Perry '81

http://surf.to/atomicpunk

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

Agreed Bubba-there was a discussion in the past about the "Remebering Largo" boot. In it, Dave talks tells the crowd the smile for the cameras and turning the lights on or something like that. I had wondered if the audio from the boot had an accompanying video. Hopefully in the future we'll get to see something.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah kpl, I just got a boot from Milwaukee on the 1980 tour, and though I've only listened to it once, I think Dave did pretty much the same thing about "get the camera out here".

In the WACF tour section of the VHE it mentions that "a Dutch cinematographer (reportedly named Snade Krellmans) was hired to document the tour on film and the band intended to release a documentary". Hard to say how true that is; I'm not familiar with alot of Dutch names, but Krell is a slang term for cocaine, so that name comes off more as a sly reference than a true name. Keep in mind also that Edward met Valerie on this tour, so maybe things he didn't mind being filmed at the start of the tour were things he was trying to hide by the time he met Val. Bottom line, who knows?

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

One of my favorite stories from Dave's book was the "Krell Wars" Dave had with Ozzy where they had gone on all night and Ozzy returned to the wrong hotel room and everyone thought he was missing!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 07:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All that stuff is probably in their cans somewhere, locked up. Eventually, it will surface. Only stuff from 1980 that's in circulation is the 2 promo's from Germany of "You Really Got Me" and "Cradle will Rock..",About 10 sec. of the Pink Pop Festival in Holland and the "Loss of control" video which aired in Europe somewhere and I still haven't seen a good quality copy of yet. If the rumored reunion turns out?? I'll bet some of that footage will come out.