Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Red-Balled Mammoth
    Hey everyone. I was taking out the second disc of the Us Festival and the player didn't wanna eject it right, so it's all scratched! I just need the second disc, so would anyone want to trade with me for a couple of blanks? I don't have any blank CDs right now, but as soon as I get some I'll trade! The CDs are Verbatim(the ones that I have), but it doesn't matter what ones you will send. Thanx

------------------
    "God bless ya southern California, you people are bad-asssss"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival.
    "No, that's not a microphone in my pants. I'm just happy to see ya, Californiaaaaaa!"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival

Top Of The World
    Last Online

11.23.12 @ 12:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Which US Festival bootleg is it? If it's California Calling, I might be able to help you out. bigtrouble_77@hotmail.com

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!

"My girlfriend told me that she was never going to speak to me again, I told her I was looking forward to the peace and quiet!" -DLR, "Hot For Bettie"

Classic VH Eruption

[This message has been edited by Big Trouble '77 (edited September 17, 2000 at 08:06 PM).]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Anybody know if there's a major sound difference between US Festival 83 and California Calling?

Red-Balled Mammoth
    It's the US Fest 83 boot, not California Calling. My mistake vhboots.com says US Festival 83 is basically a boot of California Calling, so my guess is that they're the same

------------------
    "God bless ya southern California, you people are bad-asssss"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival.
    "No, that's not a microphone in my pants. I'm just happy to see ya, Californiaaaaaa!"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Except for somebody being heard talking at the end of track 2 on US Fest '83. I'll bet they're exactly the same except for that.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!

"My girlfriend told me that she was never going to speak to me again, I told her I was looking forward to the peace and quiet!" -DLR, "Hot For Bettie"

Classic VH Eruption

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have no idea Glenn......I know what CC sounds like, but I've never heard US Fest '83. My guess is that they are from the same soundboard recording.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!

Classic VH Eruption

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I hears CC was taken from the vid and it sound better then most 80's era DLR recordings so I don't know!

------------------
    Guitar Room player files http://www.freedrive.com/
    UN: vhlinks
    PW: vhlinks

Baluchitherium
    G4
    "back to you, underpants" -Big Red Allan

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kpl:
    Just a related question-Do any of you think the audio from the video (provided you have "VHS Hi-Fi" version) sounds better than the US Festival boot? My 2 CDs are original silvers, and sound worse compared to my video.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I agree, my video sounds better than my US Festival 83 CD's. The reason I had asked about the US Fest/Cali Calling comparison is that I've heard people say how awesome the sound is on Cali Calling, and while I think my US Fest sounds good, it's not near as great as some people seem to think. Of course, we've all got different ears, so who knows?

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

Just a related question-Do any of you think the audio from the video (provided you have "VHS Hi-Fi" version) sounds better than the US Festival boot? My 2 CDs are original silvers, and sound worse compared to my video.

Red-Balled Mammoth
    My Us Fest 83 CDs sound great except for You Really Got Me/Happy Trails. That track sounds really distant, but the rest sounds about an 8 on a scale of 1-10. And I may not need the CD after all. I made MP3s outta all the songs on both discs, so I might be able to do it all myself But I may need it from someone sometime.

------------------

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have both the US Festival '83 set and the California Calling set. They sound the same to me. I got the US Festival cd first, and it had 2-second gaps between the tracks, so I got California Calling so that I'd have a good copy of that show. There is really no difference in them from what I can tell.

Brandon

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Red,

I've got USF and am awaiting CC. Let me know if you want the show. I'm always happy to accomodate!

BTW...look at that...#300! I'm movin' on up like George and Weezee...

------------------
    Hello...please stick with us...we have a minor problem...I gotta go to the bathroom...I'll be back in 10 minutes.

-Eddie Van Halen 8/13/98

Red-Balled Mammoth
    Thanx Cabo Kid. You are the one that sent me the US Fest, right? What's Weezer?

------------------

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Red-Balled Mammoth:
    Thanx Cabo Kid. You are the one that sent me the US Fest, right? What's Weezer?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think Cabo is referring to George and Louise (Weezee) Jefferson from the sitcom the Jeffersons. The theme song went, "we're a movin' on up".

Red-Balled Mammoth
    Thanx Glenn. I've heard of that show, but since I'm just 18 as of two and a half months ago, I've never seen it.

------------------