Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Ok, I just picked up a DLRband performance on video yesterday at this KISS show(and that's a whole other story,,,;> ) anyway, i just got to watch bits of it at work last night, and i just got home and i'm going to bed, then I gotta go back in ... anyway,,,!

back to the video

1-not REALLY sure where it is but i think he said something about the east coast

2-it's on a big stage not a club so It's opening for Bad Company

3-they do that sillyass 'Slam Dunk' on it

4-dave sounds great for the most part, there's times when he is Golden (or is that Diamond??) but there are a few times he goes for this kindof falsetoyell (not the shrill from RWTD) but something entirely different.. but sometimes he sounds like the greatest singer on the planet

5-he puts on a great show, and doesn't do nearly as much "sex shit" that everyone claimed he was doing on that tour.... I guess Dave scares all the Puritans around here!

6-anyway, I'll watch it again probably tues sometime and let everyone in on it.

7-as far as setlist goes, It seemed to be the typical set from the clubs

8-it's a 1shot camera and this guy zooms in from Mars(think Montreal 84) but it's as if he used a camera from Industrial Light and Magic, because the pic is clear and the audio is clear(and dave is VERY clear)

I'm off to bed :0

------------------
    Eat Us and Smile ;>~

feelin' it down to my knucklebonez

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.07.13 @ 04:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice hainy....let me know any more that you find out....

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!!!

The People's Champion!!!!!

jorL5150-----------------
    hain : i'm noy bickering with you, so don't get me wrong, but i saw dlr at a small/med. size club in columbus and he had his hand on his dick about 90 % of the time! not exaggerating!! still- it was a great show(the music, not the masturbating) i geuss it just depends on his mood..

anyhow , was this a pro-shot show?

most dlr tapes i have come across are audience...

were there any pro-shot? seems like i heard about one for MTV europe....anybody know?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Don't get me wrong,, there IS some good ole fashion "lookatmymicrophoneimusingitlikeadick" stuff on it.. It just doesn't seem to me anything too drastic..

It's a one camera shoot but it's a great zoom and it sounds great,, ... now i'm off to bed,, more on this tuesday when I'm off work and I can watch the thing again..

------------------
    Eat Us and Smile ;>~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Ok, I watched the tape again.. here's some more of my review..

1-still don't hear him mention the city, but he says "it's almost the 4th of july"

2-Bart doesn't play the intro to Mean Street... but then again, who could??

3-squirts the JD bottle, and does about a million round house kicks

4-funny line during Aint Talkin' Bout Love "I've been to the edge,,,,,,,,,,looked down,, and way down at the bottom the very bottom of the bottom.........pause...I see Sammy Hagar!" crowd goes apeshit! you hear some boos, but the effect works! then he asks the crowd if they're having a good time"

when i saw dlr i was prepared to hear some hagar bashing - more from the fans than anything- not a word! not that i'd do anything, i'd get my ass kicked by a bunch of roth-diciples!

vaijr
    DLR is still a child! Sammy never bashed DLR
    But we all know DLR is still a kid...HE needs to be in VH again so we can all feel like ROCK AND ROLL rebels again!!!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.22.10 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe this boot video is from Dallas TX ! I got at home and it's an audience shot in great condition !!!

"Come on Dave , give me a YUNNNK !"

Eddie_italian from Italy

Loons
    Vaijr--Sammy has always bashed Roth--on the 5150 tour he'd let the audience sing parts to Panama and Jump and ATBL and then sneer at how the audience sang it better than that OTHER GUY. He bashed on Your Filthy Little Mouth,too. Don't be tryin' to play it like Sammy always took the high road.
    And Dave quit bashing Gary and Sam and Van Halen for that matter early in his '99 tour.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!!!!

"On Fire"--Roth/Halen/Halen/Anthony

"...there'a a yellow-haired babe,she's a funky fox. Well,she's got more angles than a cookie box..."--Humble Pie

Ladies and Gentleman, Loons has left the building.

we're getting off the subject of the post but i can't let this slide...

true, sammy did make some cracks about dave-in the beginning of van 'hagar' he was KIDDING!!!!!! remember that he had NOT EVEN roth but was ALL THE TIME hearing from eddie that the guy was a jerk. if sammy poked fun at dirty little mouth it was because that album tanked. all the time sammy had to live down the fact that he was not dave, people constantly comparing him to dave-how could that not be hard to deal with? roth left dammit! sammy being in van halen had nothing to do with roth leaving!

sammy is no saint, don't get me wrong. but i have a recording of an interview with sammy talking to tommy nast. roth had done an interview in playboy trashing the 5150 album and berating eddie for replacing him with hagar(like ed should have retired or something)
    ..nast asks sammy for a comment and sammy said (i am paraphrasing but this IS what he said) " 5 million people (the album would later rteach 6 million) people bought 5150...at least SOME of them bought the other van halen albums, van halen made some great records with roth, for me to insult that would be insulting MY OWN FANS"...
    NAST: 'what do you think of david lee roth'
    sammy: " ..he is not my faveorite singer.. but he is a GREAT entertainer..he is very funny..."
    NAST: ' if you met dave right now, what you do?'
    sammy: " i would say 'what's up?' if he started anything(sammy begins to laugh) i'd punch his lights out, or maybe he'd punch MY lights out(laughs)"

--
    after the departure from van halen sammy (AND DAVE AND EDDIE) made some bashing comments, wasn't sammy dealing with some genuinely hurt fealings? the guy is human. more recently sammy has been more even-handed almost recanting some of his earlier slams. one interview i read he openly said he had no problem at all with roth. on howard stern they asked him about whether roth was going to be in van halen- he said nothing at all harsh.

in the meantime roth has not at all been innocent about slamming sammy. but then when roth does it it's ok. i love dlr and i love eddie but they are not more saintly than sammy. all of them have egoes and inscurities.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

.....and to think, all i wanted to do was let people know that I had a new tape to trade

I'm not going to get back on the "who slammed who" trip because I've heard them ALL slam each other,,, big deal! that's what ex bandmates do!-- that's why they make the millions and keep coke in the little jar next to the coffee table!! why??--because they can!

------------------
    Eat Us and Smile ;>~

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey
    you say you got it at the kiss concert?
    im going to see them in june in toronto
    6th row from the stage!

how did you get the video there?
    are they being sold there!

------------------
    *For Those About To Rock...We Salute You*

Loons
    Sorry,Hain,for goin' off topic--but vaijr pisses me off with almost every post of his. And that cumrag MikeL,too.

Anyway,that video sounds cool--I think the Diamond Dave on the '99 tour is the closest thing we've seen and heard compared to the classic King of All Entertainers since the Skyscraper tour(not to sure about the ALAE tour--haven't got a hold of any boots from that tour YET).

jorl5150: I agree with a lot that you said. I remember some cool Sam quotes about Dave,too. From MTV around the whole '96 fiasco(paraphrasing,a lot):
    "...you can leave me with no clothes, stranded in the desert,alone,and I'll come right back with new threads,a shiny new car,and a smile on my face...that sounds like somethin' Roth would say! Ha! Beat you to that one,Dave." Sammy was all crackin' up but it was cool to hear him "talkin'" to Dave, you know?
    And I've heard Dave say some good things about Sam and Gary,too. Along the lines of,"...there will always be you Evander Holyfields,your Mike Tysons, but there will always only BE ONE MUHAMMAD ALI!"

vaijr--grow up.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!!!!

"Got basic skills,the kind that thrill. My moves are hot,can't block my shot..."--David Lee Roth

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Loons:

From what I remember about the ALAE tour, the show I saw was pretty bad. Dave seemed very disinterested in performing (he said as much in CFTH after Becker got sick.) I thought he was drunk off his ass at the show I saw and lost interest in him for a couple of years after that. He was much much better on the Skyscraper tour.

------------------
    "Don't stick you're tongue out at me unless you're gonna use it, honey."

It's Dave or The Grave!!!!

Eat Us and Smile!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

No , not at the KISS concert, it was one of those Expos that fans put on in Nashville,, they had soo many videos it made my head spin.... they even had videos of a show in which the camera is just on one person!

------------------
    Eat Us and Smile ;>~