Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

11.02.05 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the local rock station does this rock music news thing called "rock notes". they just give some headline type stuff about bands etc.

any way, i heard something quite interesting- it seems that now there is a way for an audience member to get a soundboard recording:

at some venues they have special headsets for the hard of hearing ( as if concerts aren't loud) . the headphones' feed comes directly from the sounboard- so you are hearing what is actually going into the amps and mike- no ambient "crowd" noise. some have been able to smuggle in digital recorders and connect them to the headset device and record soundboard shows from the audience!!!!\\

evidently some have been caught because this was in the news and some record companies are trying to end the headphone thing.

anyone else heard of this??

could be a good way to get a clear sounding home-made boot.

------------------
    UP FRONT FANATIC....!!!!

[This message has been edited by jorL5150 (edited August 01, 2000 at 01:50 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street...all the rest.
    Last Online

04.02.12 @ 11:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dude i heard it , you wouldn't happen to be from the philly area would you???

------------------
    "yunkk!" (tribute to eddie i)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yep, this info was already on the VHML, plus on a couple of posts made here. I know how hard it can be sometimes to go through all the topics to find news, though.

I know this is another shameless plug for the VH Trade site, but if you click on the "music news" and "bootleg news" links, you can find the latest tidbits on everything heavily-booted bands (such as the Dead and Phish) to Napster and bootleg happenings. The music news comes via www.pauserecord.com. Their actual website is too broad in scope, very cluttered and hard to find stuff IMHO, but they're able to find the best news related to our passion, bootleg-collecting.

------------------
    Scott Roberts
    The Van Halen Trade Site
    http://www.vhtrade.com

[This message has been edited by ScottRoberts (edited August 04, 2000 at 01:24 PM).]