Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Loons
    From the '79 tour,anyone like the "Fools"-esque intro to FYLT when Dave would groan the blues and sorta ad lib ala I'm a Man or Mannish Boy or Hoochie Coochie Man? "...I wanna tell ya 'bout the night I was born...it was a dark dreary night...twenty-five years ago...the gypsy woman sat upon the bed where I was born and she said...Dave...Dave she said Dave...you an ugly sumbitch!!!!!!" Classic roth bluesy-isms!
    "I'm so glad" boot--Dave throws in some ole blues lyrics during,"Unchained,"...."what a man(pronounced maaaiiiinnnnn)."

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

"I waited such a long time, and I'm speakin to all of you from cloud nine baby". DLR, Fresno California in 1979. Good call on this one Loons. No surprise, being that you seem to be the VHLinks Deacon of the Blues. Starts off just like Fools and off they go. I just got I'm So Glad, I'll listen to it later when I get a second. Later.

Loons
    From Seattle 7-1-79:

"...mama I just can't wait...you know I came down here on New Year's Eve and you fuckin' blew my mind..and on top of that it was New Year's Eve and I ended up on my behind...had such a good time..." bluesy Foolsy intro to FYLT

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!!!!

"...zen and the art of mojo maintenance...we train at the mojo dojo..."

"Oh Jesus,this band has been at each others throats since before the beginning. Once upon a time,no even before that. And out of this conflict comes marvelous,competitive,flame throwing,hallelujah,dump truck size,Bubba's hot barbecue,Watusi couple number two to the dance floor please."

"...this is classic old school hard rock..it's got melodies and it's got end of the world thug riffs.It has a sense of humor to it that is wrap-around smiles..."--David Lee Roth

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ooongowwaaahh!!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

Wella...wella...wella...Yez Yeah nah...Well alright...sho' 'nuff...Yezzah...Yallah...

Ooon gow aa
    Ooon gow aa
    We got the blues powah
    ASHES TO ASHES...DUST TO DUST...IF THE WOMEN DON'T GET YA, THE WHISKEY MUST!!...

"I used to play the blues alone in all the local joints," he explained. 'The only thing that I can really play on guitar to this day is the blues. I heard Doc Watson and his son playing 15 years ago, and from there I got into Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker."--DLR

If you pay attention -- what I sing, the guitar sings, too, and what the guitar says, I say.--Mississippi Fred McDowell

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

Welcome to Bluesville, y'all

If Van Roth evah plays anotha concert...Ize like to hear some of these a here kindza intros...fo' sho'...
    ASHES TO ASHES...DUST TO DUST...IF THE WOMEN DON'T GET YA, THE WHISKEY MUST!!...

"I used to play the blues alone in all the local joints," he explained. 'The only thing that I can really play on guitar to this day is the blues. I heard Doc Watson and his son playing 15 years ago, and from there I got into Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker."--DLR

If you pay attention -- what I sing, the guitar sings, too, and what the guitar says, I say.--Mississippi Fred McDowell