Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Loons
    What is the last thang you heard on a Van Halen bootleg that really floored ya?

Totally surprized or wowed ya?

Stopped ya and made you think?

Anyone?

My answa:
    I just got paid to today got meself a pocket full of change and when I got home a video that I forgot I even ordered it took so long was on my doorstep(a tappin'). I ordered a Roth show from '88 but the place sent me a '99 gig and I'm pretty sure it is the DC show that House of Pain and Hain23z always rave 'bout. The filler on the tape is Muddy Waters and The Rolling Stones live in Chicago '81 and Aerosmith unplugged MTV. Very choice stuff and Dave is full o' great one-liners(I know that might surprize ya).

Anyhoo,keep on a rockin'...

------------------
    Check out these a here blues: www.fatpossum.com

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I just got the show from New Years 1977 and right before No More Waiting (which has the same intro as Take Me Back from Balance) Dave is saying "Let's hear it for Columbia, let's hear it for Mexico". Then Eddie starts the intro, and Dave says "Let's hear it for Edward". It came off really cool to me.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Red-Balled Mammoth
    "Just got paid today. Got me a pocket full of change." That's the first line in ZZ Top's "Just Got Paid", which I believe VH played in their early days.

------------------
    "God bless ya southern California, you people are bad-asssss"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival.
    "No, that's not a microphone in my pants. I'm just happy to see ya, Californiaaaaaa!"-DLR at the '83 Us Festival

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Al's solo during "Unchained" at the US Festival. Simply amazing. Knocks me on my ass everytime.

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

I like hearing how they're playing the "I'm So Glad/Drop The Legs" part during SGMAD on any Diver Down boot since it's been played differently on different boots. I particularly like the Caracas, Venezuela version.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kpl:
    I like hearing how they're playing the "I'm So Glad/Drop The Legs" part during SGMAD on any Diver Down boot since it's been played differently on different boots. I particularly like the Caracas, Venezuela version. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't you mean I'm So Glad/Girl Gone Bad? Or am I really not paying close enough attention to my bootlegs?

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Loons
    Drop the legs,that's priceless!

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

Yikes! Not only did I get the song wrong, I also spelled it wrong. Of course I meant "Girl Gone Bad" anyway.