Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:28 PM
    Liked 32 Times in 4 Posts

Who would have thought that Dave's ultimate place in life is to be in a tribute band to himself. I watched the movie Rockstar the other week, and Dave's life seems to be the exact reverse of that movie. Instead of acting like your hero and then one day getting into the band, Dave is the hero and goes back to being the tribute.

Don't get me wrong, his new bandmates are talented and all, but record some new stuff hey Dave and tour behind it.

(Inside word to friend: How was that Butch? Do you like my closing paragraph below)
    Her T-shirt ended early and her hot pants started late

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What record company is Dave Signed to? Is it his outright or a subsidury (I think that is how you spell it) of one of the majors?

How is the weather in Brisbane?
    Sorry about State of Origin Game 1.

[ May 28, 2002, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Dodge 1 ]
    Opinions are like Assholes, everybody's got one.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

Wawazat!! Records is Dave's own company I think. The DLR BAND CD was distributed in the US by Touchwood Distribution. I don't think they are a subsidury of a major label.

PS Go The Blues!!
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ian Sane:
    Wawazat!! Records is Dave's own company I think. The DLR BAND CD was distributed in the US by Touchwood Distribution. I don't think they are a subsidury of a major label.

PS Go The Blues!!
    Cool thanks man.
    We sure did kick Queenslands Arse huh.
    Opinions are like Assholes, everybody's got one.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Off topic, I know, but since you guys might be iterested, there's a thread about Aussie Rules Football in the Non-Music forum. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by digadam:
    Who would have thought that Dave's ultimate place in life is to be in a tribute band to himself. I watched the movie Rockstar the other week, and Dave's life seems to be the exact reverse of that movie. Instead of acting like your hero and then one day getting into the band, Dave is the hero and goes back to being the tribute.

Don't get me wrong, his new bandmates are talented and all, but record some new stuff hey Dave and tour behind it.

(Inside word to friend: How was that Butch? Do you like my closing paragraph below)

Since when is it a tribute playing songs you wrote? So is it a tribute to himself??? Shut the fuck up.
    the IQ in here spins ever downward....

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by digadam:

Since when is it a tribute playing songs you wrote? So is it a tribute to himself??? Shut the fuck up.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ed wrote the tunes last I checked and I am sure dave came up with all the Lyrics. So this raises another question, when Sammy would sing Dave era songs was it a tribute or original? I personally consider them a tribute band with an original singer.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by ericgtr:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by digadam:

</font>[/QUOTE]Ed wrote the tunes last I checked and I am sure dave came up with all the Lyrics. So this raises another question, when Sammy would sing Dave era songs was it a tribute or original? I personally consider them a tribute band with an original singer.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Do you know what a tune or song is?????

A song is music(chords changes in a specifc pattern, melody(this is still music)(ie VOCAL melodies, then guitar melodies), and lyrics...

According to standard Publishing a SONG is 50% Lyrics and 50% Music...

Eddie wrote riffs and music and chord changes...

Dave wrote his vocal melodies(MUSIC), and all of the lyrics...it is even debated that Dave gave a hand in arranging the riffs into songs...as did AL and Mike with Ed...

so puhlease...you guys need to think...

Those songs are at least 50% Dave's so just think OK??????

Oh and the band that plays with Dave are his backing band, they in essence can be anyone and are interchangeable, people go to see DLR, not the backing guys...

It is David Lee Roth performing songs that he co-wrote with EVH....with a "support" band...

gawd, I am tired of explaining what a wheel is to the monkeys...

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cock, I agree with you for the most part after much research into this. However, that's not true as far as their cover tunes go (i.e. Dancing in The Streets, original music w/ same lyrics). Besides, it's not as bad to forget the words as it would be if Eddie forgot how to play the riff. But Dave does have the right to play all of those songs of course, he just needs to remember that he also has a solo career. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Get off your high horse, dude. The guy had an opinion. I don't particularly agree with it, either, but that doesn't mean I'm about to tell him to "shut the fuck up."

Considering your penchant for conspiracy theories... you might want to take your own advice.

gawd, I am tired of explaining what a wheel is to the monkeys...
    LOL As if you did. All you've done is condescend. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that everyone who has posted in the thread knows what a song is. But, hey, that's just me.

No need to patronize, man. Some people just want new material from Dave and not another almost exclusively Classic VH-oriented tour. They've got that right. Just as you have the right to feel Dave's not in a tribute band.

They're just opinions...

Unlike when someone says Sam's better than Dave.

That shit is just outright blasphemy.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sammy Hagar wrote the song "Stand Up" from the movie Rockstar
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[quote]Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    Considering your penchant for conspiracy theories... you might want to take your own advice.
    Have you read the news at all lately? Apparently some of the info I have posted is coming to light. Bush and the Intelligence Community finally admitted knowing prior to 9/11 that there would be a terrorist attack involving planes as (they admitted it)...and now there are FBI agents(one being and Agent Rowely),read this week's USA Today, coming forward saying that when they had information about future terrorist threats to the US prior to 9/11 they were purposely being ignored by High Ranking officials from the FBI. And now Congress is calling for FULL INVESTIGATION to find out what happened on 9/11 and why it happened, I am glad. It's about time. There is more than meets the eye here.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Last Online

05.03.05 @ 09:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

man Cock, you get pretty worked up

I totally see digadam's point - Dave did write the songs, and now he has taking the guitarist from a VH tribute band to play with him... It is like the movie in reverse.

But dude, there is nothing wrong with that - Dave is out there playing having the time of his life - I just wish we could hear some new stuff from him, I'm afraid that might never happen.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I am not against Dave playing any VH tunes in anyway and I believe it is his right although Dave did NOT write the songs he wrote the LYRICS. The two went hand in hand and obviously hasn't been the same since Dave's departure but lets keep the facts straight and give the appropriate credit here.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by ericgtr:
    I am not against Dave playing any VH tunes in anyway and I believe it is his right although Dave did NOT write the songs he wrote the LYRICS. The two went hand in hand and obviously hasn't been the same since Dave's departure but lets keep the facts straight and give the appropriate credit here.
    Do you know what a song is?

Is the song just the guitar riff??? Gimme a break....I guess you are a guitar player huh???