Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down & 1984
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Over the last month that I've been on this site, I've heard a lot of speculation about the future of
    Van Halen, about the possibility of a reunion with David Lee Roth, about the possibility of a reunion
    with Sammy Hagar, about the possibility of a new lead singer being brought into the group.
    Within the last three weeks, I've had the good fortune to meet and interact with two members
    of Van Halen; Eddie Van Halen, and Michael Anthony; and within a month, I will be going to see
    David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar in concert.
    I'm going to speak completely from FACT, completely from what I myself have seen. completely
    ignoring any of the "I heard that so and so told so and so such and such..." business.

I spent several hours with both Eddie and Michael. Am I saying that I sat and talked at length
    with either of them? Am I saying that I'm in any way, any kind of personal friend with either of
    them? Am I saying that I have any kind of "insider information"? The answer to all of those questions
    is a short, simple, very clear NO. But getting back to my point, I spent several hours with both
    of them. I don't know what IS going on for sure, but I can say for fact that in the entire time
    that I was with them, neither of them had anything negative to say about either Dave or Sammy.
    I didn't hear one negative word from either of them. I didn't hear any discussion of what was
    planned in the future for Van Halen, I didn't hear any discussion of the future at all really.

Neither Eddie nor Michael spoke negatively at all about Dave or Sammy (or anyone else for that matter).
    I will really be interested to see if the same holds true with Dave and/or Sammy at their concert
    next month.
    "You can't polish a turd." - Ozzy Osborne

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

How about Ed: "Why would I want to hook up with THOSE guys, after THEY left the band [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] ?"

Maybe not a total negative, but I wouldnt call that positive at all..

Not to be...that is my answer.

[ May 22, 2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: seenbad ]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down & 1984
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by seenbad:
    How about Ed: "Why would I want to hook up with THOSE guys, after THEY left the band [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] ?"

Maybe not a total negative, but I wouldnt call that positive at all..

Not to be...that is my answer.
    I'm going ENTIRELY by what **I** heard. I'm ONLY going by what I heard; from their lips to my ears. I never heard that comment. Not saying he didn't say that, not saying he did; strictly saying that *I* didn't hear it.
    "You can't polish a turd." - Ozzy Osborne

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Oh gotcha. Ok, good luck with that.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...makes me think of something some clown wrote at the old Slawterhouse site, some years back...

The Guitar Hero's Soliloquy

D. Lee or not D. Lee… that is the question… Whether ‘tis nobler of the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of fanatics hostile, or enlist Roth against a sea of stadiums, and by uniting, fill them. To play, to sing – once more – and singing, to say we end the heartache and the thousand natural shock the Halen mob be heir to. ‘Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished. To play, to sing, to sing perchance to scream. Ay, there’s the rub. For in that scream of old what fans may come, when we have shuffled off our morbid past, must give us bank. There’s the respect that makes calamity of interviews past. For who would bear the whips and scorns of time, the managers’ wrong, the musician’s contumely, the pangs of disprized award show, the song’s delay, the insolence of boardroom, and the spurns of most unworthy concrete closet, when he himself might an album make by eating and smiling? Who would fardels bear to grunt and sweat in weary studio, but that taste of something after session, that rediscovered country to whose bourn one bold traveller might return, steels his will, and makes him bear the ills of the moment, to fly anon to glories relived! Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, and thus the native hue or resolution comes clear in the pale cast of re-thought. And concerts of great pitch and moment with this regard their currents yet open flow, perchance to gain the name of action! Soft you now, the fair fanatics, all, in thy orisons be all our sins forgot…
    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

"...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

and by the way...

Eat Us And Smile.

Test5150
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

i'm so torn on this subject man i tell ya my head says no reunion with either singer, but my heart says maybe one more go around. and the part of me that is irritated with the whole thing says maybe chris cornell since he is not doing anything right now

where's that natalie ambruglia song?!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I envy you Parrothead 5151, I dont know that I will ever get a chance to meet and chat with any of them.

I still think we will see the VH bros. with Dave and Sammy at some point, some way. Ed still seems very confused. Problem is, I dont think Ed has it in him to trust anyone but his brother.

A 4th singer would be disaster, and shouldnt be called Van Halen !

Favorite VH Album

Balance, 1984, VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, I'll Wait
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 AM
    Liked 56 Times in 18 Posts

I'm still keeping the faith that there will be a reunion of the original lineup at some point. I feel like Dave or Sammy would jump back with VH in a hillbilly's heartbeat if Ed gave the OK and ironed out some of the rough edges. Call me a sheep if you must, but I feel like Ed is worried about his life outside the band right now and when the time is right, this whole thing will work out the best way possible. Ed's "in God's time" comment struck me in a weird way. Maybe he really is thinking about a reunion of some sort down the road. I don't really know, just my take on that comment...
    "And now for the benediction..."
    - DLR (Blossom 5/29/02)

"It's a great day for Hockey."
    - "Badger" Bob Johnson

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I for one am not wasting anymore time hoping for a VH reunion.

Eddie's and Al's actions tell the whole story.

They'd rather sit around and feel sorry for themselves, while Sam and Dave are out there performing for us, the fans.

I'd rather enjoy the Sam And Dave show now, than miss it by worrying about something that probably won't even happen.

Just my 2 cents.
    Van Halen R.I.P<br />(1974-1996)

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

I'm still holding out for the almost-impossible reunion. I think once this tour gets going, we may get some answers (or mostly likely even more questions).

God, sometimes I'm too much of an optimist.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

I'm guessing we'll see a brief reunion with the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame thing, but I'm not confident that Van Halen will reunite with either Sammy or Dave for anything long term.

My instincts over everything that Edward has said or not said and done are that Ed is not that interested in continuing the band in the same way it has in the past. I don't think he wants to get out there in it again. I can surely understand and appreciate that feeling. The industry sucks in a word. And life has other more important things in it to be enjoyed. When you think about it, he's really put in his time and certainly doesn't have anything to prove.

Yet again, who ever would have thought that Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth would share a stage together. That whole thing still creeps me out on some level. It's like an unholy alliance. It's like a hole in the universe where two different versions of the same you meet up. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Could this be magic?

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I think it's time to let the reunion concept go and fade away into the history of Dreams I'll Never See...

IMO the events of late indicate any reunion w/ the 1st 2 singers of VH is only an active concept in the minds of the fans and very very far from any sort of reality in the band's plans for the future.

Time to let it go folks...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Unfortunatly, I think Eddie is poised to try with singer #4. He'd probably rather create a sub supergroup that is at his controls that join forces with a team like VH-Roth. Sort of like Lennon-McCartney. Eddie is the modern day Sting. Out to do his thing.

To me (from his posted comments) Ed seemed like such crotchety old bitch. You would never hear Roth complaining to a fan who just took his picture. Whether he wanted it taken or not. Plus his quotes were just plain arrogant.

Also, Eddie has no right to ask people what the autograph is for. If they end up on E-bay where many do, that is just too fing bad. He can not control what happens to autographs once they go out. If someone asked for 10 autographs, well yeah that's a misappropriation of signatures, but 1 on 1 is fair game. He should be ashamed. What's next a bootleg for guns program with the city.

Some celebs know how to appreciate fans and some turn into crochety old women. Maybe we have been hard on him, but it's of his own doing. It's not like he was sitting in a restaurant with his family, he was at a public event and the audience was PAYING to see him.

Sorry, this is a rant in the wrong thread. It has bothered me since last weekend's event notes were released.

Test5150
    Originally posted by Rocket:
    To me (from his posted comments) Ed seemed like such crotchety old bitch. You would never hear Roth complaining to a fan who just took his picture. Whether he wanted it taken or not. Plus his quotes were just plain arrogant.
    I'm sorry, I just don't understand where this perception is coming from. He was laughing and joking around with us all day long. He was more than willing to take pictures with anyone who asked(except, apparently, for Albert). Nobody really knows why Albert's experience was so wildly different than that of the rest of us. And we probably never will. But I saw nothing crochety or arrogant in Eddie's behavior at all. He had somewhat of a sarcastic sense of humor at times and liked poking fun at people....maybe that could have been misconstrued as arrogant...I dunno. Loved the way he'd blow off the clueless media's stupid questions (especially that idiotic German TV woman). But when it came to the fans, he seemed genuinely happy, friendly, approachable, etc.

[ May 23, 2002, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Chelle ]