Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

vh1 cronicled the legendary history of the van halen breakups last night on this show. there was some cool footage and pics i had never seen and there was eddie's famous quote "you ever speak to me like that again, you better be wearing a cup" to which alex adds, "and we don't mean no coffee cup, motherfucker!" [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] classic. they usually cut that out! i think i may make that my new signature for this website!

anyway, they did say that vh did record with roth in 2000 and its rumored a reunion is in the works.

my only question is: if they did those 6 songs last summer, why aren't they anxious to get them out? they must not be that great because if they weree, no doubt things would be rolling along a more than a snail's pace. [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    ed(to dave): "you ever speak to me like that again, you better be wearing a cup."<br /><br />al: "and we don't mean no coffee cup, motherfucker!"

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ps - they also showed sammy's great quote,

"yeah man, ed called me on father's day an said 'we're working with roth and everything's great, anyway sam you've always been a solo artist so why don't you just go back to being a solo artist' quote, unquote".

this feud is fucking legendary!
    ed(to dave): "you ever speak to me like that again, you better be wearing a cup."<br /><br />al: "and we don't mean no coffee cup, motherfucker!"

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,486 Times in 907 Posts

Why didn't VH put out the songs they worked on with Roth? I've said this before and I still think that Ed's health had a lot to do with it. Remember, not only did he have hip replacement surgery but he had cancer. How one person deals with it defers from how someone else deals with it. Maybe Eddie wanted to spend time with his family more just in case he didn't have long to live. I don't know. It's his personal business which is nobody's but his own. If he cares more about himself and his family then his band, again that is his choice. I accepted the fact that Van Halen is in hiatus. Who knows, they may never put out another album again. Anyway, let's just wait out the summer. Cuz I believe in the fall, we WILL hear some news from VH. It's not a fact but a hopefull hunch.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

On Fire
    Last Online

07.09.12 @ 05:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey guys, ya know what is coming up this fall? MTV is having a 20th anniversary bash with all of the original VJ's. This event is set to occur in August and is to be hosted by Carson Daly. It is billed as a celebration of MTV from day one and is supposed to include everything that made MTV what it is today (which is a farse if you ask me). It is going to be televised live, by the way. I would think that this would provide a grand opportunity for the guys to make an appearance.

-ADam
    Eat Us And Smile

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, i gotta agree something's going to happen by the end of the year. its just a little disappointing that they're waiting so long between albums. they aren't getting any younger.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sorry - the whole "You better be wearing a cup" line is lame...Eddie could've done much better than that.

Who would actually win in that fight....Ed or Dave??? Dave used to be pretty big in Karate and Jujitsu didn't he?

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the funny part is al's "we ain't talkin' no coffee cup either, motherfucker!" i almost lost it.

btw, dave would absolutely kick the shit out of edward.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JAYMONSTER:
    I'm sorry - the whole "You better be wearing a cup" line is lame...Eddie could've done much better than that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. At least Eddie could have said I'll knock your block off. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyclonus7:
    Hey guys, ya know what is coming up this fall? MTV is having a 20th anniversary bash with all of the original VJ's. This event is set to occur in August and is to be hosted by Carson Daly. It is billed as a celebration of MTV from day one and is supposed to include everything that made MTV what it is today (which is a farse if you ask me). It is going to be televised live, by the way. I would think that this would provide a grand opportunity for the guys to make an appearance.

-ADam
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that would be a very cool setting myself. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Martha Quinn could piss her pants over Dave again and everything. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] LOL

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

ALL!!!!!!! Um.. VH II or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, I thought Alex's "and we aint talkin bout no coffee cup" line cracked me up too. I was watching that the other night as well. My sis was sitting down and she sees Van Halen on tv and yells "Hey, it's your band!!!" and (fortunatly) I had a new tape in the vcr and recorded the lil 5 min. segment. I liked Sammy's one quote about the husband thing... with the sleeping in bed thingy.. I can't remember, but that was pretty good too. He compared the whole saga to messing around.. something like that. I liked how they showed that extra footage. Did Dave really say "Tonight's about me"? That seems a little forward, don't you think? Ah, who knows anymore!!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    ~Little Dreamer~<br /><br />Lost me? Try looking somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and 5150!!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I got it on tape too. I thought the coffee cup line was sort of lame because it didn't make any sense! I mean who wears a coffee cup! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh and I didn't like Sammy's comparison either, I thought that was sort of dumb. I do wanna see that 1996 Award show again though, because it's pretty damn funny how Dave was dancing around behind Beck [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I feel so left out. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I never saw the 1996 awards show...

Well, I was only.. um.. about 8 or 9!!!
    ~Little Dreamer~<br /><br />Lost me? Try looking somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and 5150!!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I loved 'em! I liked CGTSNM a little more, it has sucha great melody, and vocals, but MWM also has some cool vocals and monster guitar playing, probably the best Eddie had done in 15 years!
    I am awesome

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well there is a lot of heart put into it.. I can tell that much!!! When I did first hear it, I was surprised how well Dave sounded, though. But I definatly like Me Wise Magic just a lil bit more. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think Dave uses that high pitched voice too much in MWM.
    I am awesome