Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

There are just too many things flying around here over the past two weeks. We go from the usual frustrations of no news to having multiple statements by the members/former members of the band.

Last week we have DLR saying he had been working with VH, but now he's not. Vh saying they are working on a new album. Now Eddie comes out saying he has cancer and DLR responds by saying he didn't know. Is there a side grasping for the public's sympathy?

Like the vast majority of the fans I want a reunion and at the same time want everyone healthy, but why is all this info coming out now in the fashion that it is surfacing?

As a DLR fan I question why is this the time for DLR to question the band's and his situation? After 18 months of dodging questions and basically hiding, what did he gain at this time? Apparently he knew something was up if he hadn't been to the studio in nearly year. He's smarter than to just stay quiet especially if he feels he might be getting screwed again and also when he knows what the rumors are.

If the band is confident in their status and the fact that they haven't announced a reunion or new singer and have no current tie to DLR, why did they need to really respond? By their own admission he hasn't been a part of the band in 16 years. They afraid of the negative P.R.?

Also,after nearly a year since it was reported that EVH may/does have cancer why is he dropping small snippets about it now?

DLR would have known about some sort of health problem if they had worked together. In the experiences my family has had with cancer usually the first few weeks/months is when the treatments really hit you. That is the time when doctor's attack it with both barrels.( or at least that's how my family has experienced it.)

I hope this isn't some of the internet P.R. we've heard of them maybe trying to use because if it is, it is sickening.

I take these releases with a grain of salt. They raise more questions than give answers. Until I see them having an in depth interview I just can't swallow everything.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I had the same thoughts. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I think it most definetaly has to be revolving around a certain spin that they want to put on everything. This all has to be thought about before hand IMO.

Val recently said Ed is healthy and in the studio all the time.

Ed says pretty much the same, but no studio.

DLR is acting like he has been blind to everything in the past year.....

This is all going somewhere specific and its no accident that quotes/statments arent matching. I have to think that VH has got to have more control and direction in their future than what they are leading us to believe.

Limecuda, I see where you are coming from with gaining public sympathy for this makin you sick. But, what better way can they all come out smelling like a rose to the public? And then have the Cinderella ending of DLR coming back to the boys with them all "having a fresh perspective on life due to the recent life events" and being ready to tackle the world with fresh eyes etc.. Think about it, nobody looks bad, no pointing fingers, everybody cares for one another and they all want to rock. And nobody to know the difference but us hardcores on the net.

I think I'm on to them [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I you MUST put a PR spin on it all, here's my take:

DLR Comments Last Week: Dave's worried he's not back in the band (and probably ain't). He makes a statement to try and force the hand of the band, figuring if they confirm someone else or affirm he's not in the running, the backlash will be strongly against VH and for DLR. If the band lets him in, he gets his old job back. Either way he comes out smelling like a rose.

VH Comments Last Week: Stopgap measures to try and cease the public outcry. Not exactly sufficient enough to shut people up, as the band wanted to quell the rising emotions but still not let anything out.

EVH Comments This Week: Finally speaking out about his cancer instantly wins him the sympathy of every fan. People aren't going to bitch about the band situation when they think he may be fighting for his life. Problem of bitching solved wihtout having to let any information out.

DLR Comments This Week: Total and complete face save. DLR must feel like an ass for trying to play a trump card only to have EVH push back with the one thing short of complete disclosure that could win everyone back. DLR is naturally afraid forcing the issue might hurt people's view of him now, since he seems "insensitive" about a sick person.

If you ask me, it almost plays out like a game of one-upmanship between EVH and DLR. Kind of like EVH is saying to Roth, "I've got you by the balls now, bitch. How does it feel to be the one getting screwed this time?"
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Eruption
    Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seenbad:

I have to think that VH has got to have more control and direction in their future than what they are leading us to believe.

Let's hope they have direction.

Limecuda, I see where you are coming from with gaining public sympathy for this makin you sick. But, what better way can they all come out smelling like a rose to the public? And then have the Cinderella ending of DLR coming back to the boys with them all "having a fresh perspective on life due to the recent life events" and being ready to tackle the world with fresh eyes etc.. Think about it, nobody looks bad, no pointing fingers, everybody cares for one another and they all want to rock. And nobody to know the difference but us hardcores on the net.

I think I'm on to them [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never thought of the Cinderella story before, but it would make perfect sense.
    Dave wanting to rock, Eddie and the boys in search of a new singer, the band and Dave wanting to regain some of their respectability they lost, it makes sense.

This would be the perfect way to "sweep" the past under the rug. Both sides would be saving face. It is obvious that both sides are posting info that doesn't offend the other side. Their whole story when they came out would be the "life is too short" speech and how their mortality has become more noticeable to them due the circumstances. At least this sort of scheme would prove that they are actually paying attention to their actions and how they affect the fans/public.

I'm just not going to be a bleeding heart. Eddie says he's fine so let it rest. Quit the speculating.

Eruption
    Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    I you MUST put a PR spin on it all, here's my take:

DLR Comments Last Week: Dave's worried he's not back in the band (and probably ain't). He makes a statement to try and force the hand of the band, figuring if they confirm someone else or affirm he's not in the running, the backlash will be strongly against VH and for DLR. If the band lets him in, he gets his old job back. Either way he comes out smelling like a rose.

VH Comments Last Week: Stopgap measures to try and cease the public outcry. Not exactly sufficient enough to shut people up, as the band wanted to quell the rising emotions but still not let anything out.

EVH Comments This Week: Finally speaking out about his cancer instantly wins him the sympathy of every fan. People aren't going to bitch about the band situation when they think he may be fighting for his life. Problem of bitching solved wihtout having to let any information out.

DLR Comments This Week: Total and complete face save. DLR must feel like an ass for trying to play a trump card only to have EVH push back with the one thing short of complete disclosure that could win everyone back. DLR is naturally afraid forcing the issue might hurt people's view of him now, since he seems "insensitive" about a sick person.

If you ask me, it almost plays out like a game of one-upmanship between EVH and DLR. Kind of like EVH is saying to Roth, "I've got you by the balls now, bitch. How does it feel to be the one getting screwed this time?"
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I'm thinking too. But I will say this though, I honestly hope that EVH wouldn't use such an issue as cancer to get sympathy in order to save himself in this P.R. fiasco. If it's not gonna work, just say so. I've said some negative things about him in the past, but to use something in this manner would be totally screwing your fans. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

I agree with you stuff for the most part, but I still feel like its more contrived than that. I'm really starting to think its more than one-up-manship, I really think its more of a joint effort here and these guys statements are, in some way, pre-approved by the other party.

Then again, I'm a fan of the X-files [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

I think all of you guys are reading too much into this. Hey it's only rock and roll. Let these guys be.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Well, I enjoy reading too far into though. Thats why I've been around here for over a year now.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to agree somewhat with Seenbad.My whole take on all this,for what it's worth.I really believe that all parties knew of what the other was/is going to be saying at this point.Mike stated in Jan. about new music and "old" sound etc.,they've definatly been working on something and some if not all hasbeen with Dave,Ed in some remission from cancer(thank God!!!).These are FACTS that came direct.Ok I find hard to believe that
    Dave knew nothing about Ed's health.Maybe Dave heard the rumours like everybody else and Ed didn't tell him personally being a very private matter until all is clear and Dave not wanting to ask out of respect for they're privacy.Anyway,Dave and Ed and even Val come out with some very positive messages in the last few days because I really think all is well on all fronts and obviously the biggest is Ed's health,which I think this whole reunion really was waiting on.I don't think it was Dave not getting along with guys that is/was the hold up its health and well being of the greatest guitarists that we've all been blessed to listen to. These guys couldmake great music together sittin' in a toilet stallWell you know what I mean,I think we all need to just keep giving the positive feed back because the obviously read these message boards.Remember,three "amazing" songs were recorded,believe there is more.

d

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

If all these statements are contrived and a ploy for figuring out who holds the cards...

Then I don't want them to get back together. They shouldn't be together. If they do get back together, it won't work out.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

I wasnt saying that at all. I think the cards are already all held and they are in the process of building up to a reunion and that there is a possibility that this is all much more contrived than what may be obvious.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What the fuck? Dave does not need to save any face for stating the simple facts. All he said was he has not done anything with VH in over a year, but that he still had hopes.

You people read way to much into shit. No wonder nobody wants to release any information.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Ok [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe you see something I dont and vice verse. Who knows... Nothin wrong with a little theorizin thought right? It's not like I'm with ABC news and am in a postition that they would not want to give out any news because of what *I* think. And I DO have allot of time on my hands to think about the vh situation (maybe too much [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

i don't think dave would be enough of an ass to make the statements he did knowing ed was ill. i'll give him benefit of the doubt.

i just see it as this...

dave was back working with the band

ed had some things mentioned to him by doctors

band worked on...ed does not know severity of it yet so band keeps working til july

ed needs some kind of treatment, of which we do not know and band parts ways for a bit

band says they will contact dave when they are ready but ed never tells anyone severity of his illness, including dave to keep things quiet

everyone thinks band is recording...dave is at strip bars [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] and ed is getting better [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

dave says he is hopeful

vh doesn't wanna look like asses again so ed makes a statement

after all this (and it's all theory...way too much time here [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) i think dave was in but ed got sick at a bad time, not that there's a good time to get cancer, but you all know what i mean.

i see where seenbad is coming from with the whole cinderella thing. but if that's the way they wanna make their reputations get something back, then that stinks, and i don't think that's it at all.

dave probably really had no clue and they are working on stuff now..

of course...

maybe they have been working like mikey said since january and the album will be out in october..but me doubts it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

JMJ

get well eddie!!
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw