Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

11.09.05 @ 05:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, on 03/21/2001, I checked out of links for a while, and sure enough, within a month I hear on the radio out here in Phoenix about DLR's internet audio message and the subsequent VH 'response'.

What a frickin' soap opera this g.d. band is...

I desperately want to believe that this is all an ingenious DLR 'flood the internet with rumours, publicize the %^&$ out of we're not talking' ploy, but at this point, the only thing that makes sense to me is that Eddie is very sick and unable to work at his normal clip. Supposedly, the instrumental tracks for CGTSNM and MWM both only took two or three takes, which should be no surprise to anyone, EA & M are a well-oiled machine. If all were well, we would have had an album and tour by now. I think we all know this in the bottom of our hearts. Yes, legal issues can sometimes delay release and tours infinitely, but I don't think that is the case here, as I believe that when DLR says he is ready to go, that he refers to his attitude, vocal abilities (the high-note being back), physical shape, and legal standing.

The only thing I have to back this up is a recent interview of Tracii Guns where he says the following:

22. How do you feel about the Van Halen reunion that is rumored to be going down, and if you could give any advice to Eddie Van Halen on reuniting with a singer, what would it be?

If I could give any advice to Eddie Van Halen, I would tell him to make sure he finishes his chemo and take care of himself because if he doesn't he could be dead. It would be the saddest day in music for so long. I just want Eddie to be healthy, I don't care about him making another record. And the reunion thing, I now that it is a reality but I think that the state that Eddie's in, people don't even know about Eddie right now. He just has to make sure he's healthy. He's really sick and if he goes away it's going to be really fucked up. It'll fuck everybody up. Real bad timing for Eddie Van Halen to be sick. Everybody I know just wants him to be healthy and carry on with his life. Overall, that's the most important thing. Shit, he's the total package, the guy's got nothing to prove. If he doesn't play another note again, I don't care. But advice? Do what you did, if you can still do it.

http://community.webtv.net/MainstreamRock/TraciiGuns

Why would a guy like Tracii Guns B.S. something like this? I'm betting that EVH & VVH aren't too happy at him flapping his gums right now, but I'm certain that what he says is accurate, and I also think it's clear that Tracii feels that EVH is not following through with whatever his choice of treatment is, be it chemotherapy or whatever.

All the other theories as to what is going down with VH at the moment just don't make sense to me and are inconsistent with what has gone down in the past. The only thing that makes sense is that Eddie's sick and the real reason for the silence is that in going public about the reunion or a fourth singer or whatever, Eddie would also have to potentially answer questions about his health, and in the best interests of his family, his business interests, and his sanity, he has decided to remain private at the moment. More power to you Ed if this is the case.

If it turns out I'm dead wrong here, then advance apologies to EVH and family, not that they read any of this stuff anyway, but my thoughts here are from someone who cares deeply about the music, and is trying to understand this bizarre mess we call Van Halen. Clearly, if EVH doesn't play another note on this earth, his place in history (and on my turntable, tape deck, CD-ROM, CD players, my guitar playing, etc.) is secure. I don't know the man personally, but I'd like to see him stick around and raise his son more than I'd like to hear a reunion album. Trite and cliche, yes, but that is my sentiment.

Let the flaming begin if I'm speculating too much here, and yes, most of this is speculation. I'm not on the inside, or in the know, and the one person I do know who has ties with the band (in a loose way) has not heard anything about his health, so I hope I'm dead wrong.

[ April 24, 2001 at 08:56 AM: Message edited by: VHDOF ]

[ April 24, 2001 at 08:58 AM: Message edited by: VHDOF ]
    <b><i>They call me the thread killer.</b></i><br /><br />First six albums rule. In addition, the following represent the only two Y2K release in the world that are preventing me from losing it altogether waiting for the VH reunion.<br /><br /><b>Galactic Cowboys</b> <b><i>Let It Go</b></i><br /><b>King's X</b> <b><i>Manic Moonlight</b></i><br /><b>Rush</b> <b><i>Vapor Trails</b></i> <br /><b>David Douglas</b> <b><i>Music From A Guest Room</b></i><br /><br />Later, VHDOF

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No flames here. What you say seems to fit as well as anything until we get the next piece of the puzzle.
    Delusions of eloquence

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just curious as to why they call you the thread killer?

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If Eddie was going through chemo when he did the NAMM video, then he is the strongest, healthiest son of a bitch on the face of the earth. You can't fake it when you have that kind of treatment. So, I think it's either greatly exaggerated on Tracii's part, or simply the interview was done last summer when people feared the worst.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also think a good sign of Eddie's health is the fact that Valerie is now working on a TV series. If he were sick, I don't think she would go back to work...
    "My belligerent enthusiasm is as optimistic as ever" - DLR

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I believe that any of Ed's health issues were resolved by the end of 2000.

I also firmly believe that VH has been working with their new singer since January of 2001 to coincide with Mike's optimism.

I also firmly believe Dave hasn't talked to them since July of 2000.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

11.09.05 @ 05:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Topik Killer:

I gave myself the 'Thread Killer' moniker, it is rather self-explanatory, suffice it to say that many a multi-page thread has been ground to a halt by yours truly...

It is my opinion that EVH looked very thin and gaunt in the NAMM video. He's a thin guy anyways, but it seems to me that on the III album pics and tour, he was a bit more 'filled out'. I think the Tracii Guns interview is a recent one, as it promotes a release that comes out this week. I think Tracii was speaking from the heart, and the only legitimate reason that the interview is not factual is if the entire interview is bogus, and I don't think this is the case.

Once again, I ask, why would Tracii Guns feel compelled to B.S. about this?
    <b><i>They call me the thread killer.</b></i><br /><br />First six albums rule. In addition, the following represent the only two Y2K release in the world that are preventing me from losing it altogether waiting for the VH reunion.<br /><br /><b>Galactic Cowboys</b> <b><i>Let It Go</b></i><br /><b>King's X</b> <b><i>Manic Moonlight</b></i><br /><b>Rush</b> <b><i>Vapor Trails</b></i> <br /><b>David Douglas</b> <b><i>Music From A Guest Room</b></i><br /><br />Later, VHDOF

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey VHDOF, it happens to me too. i don't know if it is a good thing or bad thing.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by topik killer:
    hey VHDOF, it happens to me too. i don't know if it is a good thing or bad thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like a challenge............umm, I don't have anything else to say [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Delusions of eloquence