Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Uh...

Last Online

01.05.12 @ 07:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, what's it been now...30 months since the band decided to show some respect for their loyal fans and announce what the hell they're doing? How many fans do you think they've turned off by now? It's a miracle you guys are still around to keep up the memory of their legend, which is just about what they've become by now - a memory. If I were a die-hard VH nut, I'd be pretty pissed off by now.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think we all expected things to happen too quickly. We got caught up in the excitement, and stopped thinking. People are still a little frustrated, but I think they've come to grips with the situation.

Most fans have no idea what's up (or might be up ).

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

i disagree with you completely, jerry.
    to say that VH is disrespecting their fans is incorrect.
    in actuality, they are respecting their fans to the nth degree because they aren't rushing things this time around.
    do you really think they will disappoint us when they are ready to unveil the new material?

they are trying to heal some very deep wounds. to expect that to happen overnight is selfish and unreasonable.

but that's just my take on things

------------------
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge
    "See, all I do is make music..." - EVH
    "Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And its for that reason we will not see VH at the VMA tonight. They have nothing to promote. Although, it would be OUTSTANDING to see them on tv tonight.

But I think they care about the decisions they make - and how it affects the MUSIC, first and foremost. Hopefully, when all is said and done, we will be like "wow, this album was really worth the wait." And if it means waiting 3-4 years between albums, so be it.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jerry:
    It's a miracle you guys are still around to keep up the memory of their legend<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Miracle???

Does that make us "holy" men and women?

Perhaps we should declare ourselves a church?

Aren't their tax benefits if we do that?

Sorry, just thinking out loud.

Last Online

06.12.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Disrespect? Hell no! If I were in their position and only had to work once every year or two to pay the bills I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd bet that most everyone here has to work every day to get by. VH doesn't. If it was a money thing with them we'd see new material on a lot more often.

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HOT FOR TEACHER
    Last Online

05.18.13 @ 09:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just shit my pants.

Q-MAN
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by youbsittinpretty:
    And its for that reason we will not see VH at the VMA tonight. They have nothing to promote. Although, it would be OUTSTANDING to see them on tv tonight.

But I think they care about the decisions they make - and how it affects the MUSIC, first and foremost. Hopefully, when all is said and done, we will be like "wow, this
    album was really worth the wait." And if it means waiting 3-4 years between albums, so be it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well my friend, they do have something to promote, the re-masters. WB wants some publicity for them, why would they bother release them if they didn't want to sell as much as possible?
    It would also be good for them to let the public know that things are progressing and expect some new stuff in the future.
    Other than the people here and a few others, who else has any possible idea as to the status of one of rocks greatest bands?
    Its time for them to at least be seen.
    Out!

------------------
    it don't mean a thing if it aint got no dings.

great to be back!!!!

I am the ruler of the science age**

[This message has been edited by Q-MAN (edited September 07, 2000 at 01:16 PM).]

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

30 months? well we all know they were in the midst of making an album last summer and we all know the deal with gary. it hasnt even been a year yet! a

------------------
    *Might As Well Go For A Soda!* - Kim Mitchell '84

http://surf.to/atomicpunk

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

11.07.14 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey. What exactly Is It that happened? I guess I haven't heard the bad news...

------------------
    Sal Collaziano, Webmaster of

www.masterdebating.com
    and
    www.80sxchange.com

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the internet has made this very large planet into a very small world...there is no doubt the fact that we all have access to the internet has made the wait or the more difficult as information and opinions are just a keyboard away. although the wait is not as long as 85/86, it doesn't help when you can chat van halen with 1000 other people on a daily basis, if we had the internet back then it also would have been murder. anyway, assuming that they decide to talk to each other at the end of mid 99, we are way on track for an early release next year, think about it, they had to make up, become friends again, write tunes, and record. be patience my friends, build it and they will come.