Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A brief welcome to all of the Van Halen fans out there around the world. Something here of interest most likely...

Yesterday I was having a nice Saturday afternoon in the Los Angeles area, enjoying my tried and true routine of writing in the morning before hitting the streets in my 1976 Corvette (more on that in a later post).

At 2:00 PM, I found myself pulling into the parking lot of the Pacific Dining Car restaurant for a well deserved Porterhouse or NY Strip, I still hadn't decided which to run with that day. After being seated in the long main 'car' dining area, I quickly glanced around at the other diners- this being LA, I often like to check out the possibility of seeing celebrities enjoying the day like myself. A table across the way piqued my attention and I recognized Alex Van Halen, an older gentlemen dressed in Fred Segal's finest, as well as an attractive 30ish blond woman sitting to the left of Al.

I found it amusing that Alex was dining with sunglasses on; especially given the low natural light in the dining room. Seeing the threesome got me to thinking about what had become of one of my favorite bands, Van Halen? I don't really keep up with all of their travails of late but had took notice of DLR's recent string of live dates and checked out this very web site for concert reviews and pictures. Why aren't these guys together I thought as I perused the wine list for a '97 Cab or perhaps a grand cru classe bordeaux.

At that point, the older gentlemen in the suit with Alex Van Halen got up to go to the restroom or somewhere and I heard Alex speaking to the foxy blond. This is what I heard and I have to tell you that I swear by this and sought out this site to post this news for the fans out there:

Alex Van Halen: "He doesn't get it but Ed hates his guts, still. Same as before, same as today, same as tomorrow. I called him yesterday and told him we were ready to move on a schedule to lay down the tracks. Maybe it will come together but we can't be sure until we see how they act around each other and whether or not Dave takes things semi-seriously". The foxy blond chick kind of shook her head and looked at Alex with sad but serious eyes.

Foxy chick: "Will he agree to the launch idea?"

Alex Van Halen: "Fuck yeah, he doesn't have a choice unless he wants to keep playing dates with "Best of the 80's".

My steak came (rare Porterhouse this time) and I enjoyed it while I chewed on the information and scraps of Van Halen business I had just heard. The older guy returned to their table and he asked the waiter for the check. Alex looked a bit dissheveled but not too bad I guess for a mid Saturday afternoon.

The three of them shuffled out of the room and wondered if what I had heard was what the legions of Van Halen fans have been waiting for: confirmation that a reunion and full recording schedule with all four original members is about to proceed? Let's hope so and let's also hope for a World Tour this summer.

Who am I and why do I offer up this information? As noted before, I am a writer and fan of the band and I thought what I heard may be important to other fans.

Take care and cross your fingers. Pretzel Logic is never what it seems, huh?

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.02.12 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, first, you definitly are a writer. Nice style and attention to detail.

I don't disbelieve you. I am sure Dave and Eddie still have issues with one another. Dave even said in November that they hated each other still.

The other night, I was talking with my friends who are all in college about the hopeful VH reunion. We got exicited over being in Giants Stadium or Continental Arena or Madison Square Garden to see them. But my one friend joked that Dave would do something immature, and Eddie would blow up, and leave the stage. He was kidding, but now I am not so sure that his joke was far from reality.
    Only adventures that I regret are the ones I missed - DLR

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think it is time for dave and eddie to grow up, the past is the past, life is to short to still be pissed about things in the past, it is time to move on. so dave and ed it seems like alex and mike want to get the show on the road, so why dont you and dave shake hands and make up, did'nt having cancer teach you ed that life is short and you should make amends with people, and you to dave get rid of the ego for christ sakes this could be your last hope for a great carrier.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[ January 13, 2002 at 08:32 AM: Message edited by: VHThor ]</p>
    I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny, It said "Open my eyes. Leave it all behind."

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fraulines und Kinder First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Panzer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Edeble Ed:
    Well, first, you definitly are a writer. Nice style and attention to detail.<hr></blockquote>

Ja, a fiction writer. A gut try! Scnapps und strudel all around!

Dave mit Ed und Al? I know nothing!!

Musical equipment I own dat legitimizes mein post. Tuba, clarinet, und electric glockenspiel.<br />Der Lord liebt einen beschäftigten Mann. Nicht vertrauen whitey. Sehen ein Doktor und erhalten gereinigt es.<br /><br />"You're a towel!" - Towelie

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

TBS... you fantastic bitch, where you been? I thought you'd agreed to stop with the fiction?

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Aerosmith's Joe Perry said it best: "We'll be friends tomorrow. Let's be rock and roll musicians FIRST." [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Fast Eddie

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.27.05 @ 04:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

UGH! This dude couldn't plot a coloring book. Rather lame. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    Everybody wants some...

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

hmm, all of them yes even VH3
    Favorite VH Song

another all of them thing
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

welcome to the links.
    ...yes this is all i have to comment on at this time
    "location: hiding in joe perry's closet"-7thDeadlySin<p>"location: under the covers---hah prodigy, i moved up!"-7thDeadlySin<p>since i don't want to think insert cool Van Halen quote here...<p>Van Halen will once again rise to reclaim our fallen rock n' roll...and if they don't; no worries, i'll send ya a postcard from 5150!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Can You say:

TIMOTHY BARBECUES SHIT?

What I have noticed is that when someone comes on using a "real" name as their ID, then they are full of poop and need a new diaper.

TBS, YOU are the weakest link, GOODBYE!
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Going to the Rumor Mill!!!!!!!!