Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

1984 & 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't know about anyone else but I for one feel a shitload better about King Edward's cancer situation, now that Val has spoken about it on Regis. Sounds like the Docs' caught it early, removed the lesion, and things are progressing along smoothly. (I'm No Doctor)but having had a family member with cancer, I do know that in some cases early removal of the cancer through surgery, is successful, and sometimes followed up with radiation as a precautionary means. As far as the AP's most recent picture of King Edward, it's bullshit! We all know how the press will do anything to ad emphasis to any story. Everyone has taken a horrible picture even when their heathly. We should focus on the NAMM pic that was provided. ED was lookin well, ready to kick ass in my opinion. I still say the reunion is on, and I believe what Dweezil and Mike have both said. I bet right now VH has got 3 Roth songs and 2 instrumentals in the can ready for the next CD or Boxset. That seems pretty near to what Dweezil said 2 months ago (5 songs). Let's hope it's true. LONG LIVE THE KING!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, I feel great about Valerie's comments. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Whoever posted the link to the video of her on Regis...thank you. Watching her say these things (vice just reading them) made a big difference.

I'm glad she's talking about it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    "My belligerent enthusiasm is as optimistic as ever" - DLR

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I didn't see it and haven't even watched the video yet, but according to Paul Marshall on the VHML:

Regis had asked about Eddie and if he's "in remission." Val responded that it isn't even a situation about remission. That the leision on his tongue was removed and Eddie "is great."

Val also said she's back to work and that she wouldn't go back to work if her husband was sick.

She also said she has been living with this for over a year and that the press release was sent out to squash the rumors of Eddie possibly dying.
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 58 Times in 37 Posts

Premium Member
    I, for one, feel fantastic about the news. Finally, some news from the source!
    WHOAOH! Hey you! Who said that? Baby how you been?

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I watched the video and thought the same, that Ed was doing better. I liked the part about her going back to work and she wouldnt if Ed was sick. That pretty much tells us that Ed is doing as good as he can right now.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lazyman:
    As far as the AP's most recent picture of King Edward, it's bullshit! We all know how the press will do anything to ad emphasis to any story. Everyone has taken a horrible picture even when their heathly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lazyman, this rant is not directed towards you personally [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], I just quoted you to emphasize the pic below and to raise a point - I share your optimism, peace. Yes, you're right about "everyone has taken a horrible picture", but this is either a REALLY horrible pic, or Ed is showing signs of more than just aging.

I'm not sure if someone else has posted this close-up version of the same pic elsewhere on this board, if so, I haven't seen it. The original, posted in this thread, was pretty poor image quality. This one however, speaks volumes - he simply does not look healthy, although, as I mentioned previously, I still "think he look's happy" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The biggest question I've got after reading many of the threads on this board (by far the best) and a couple of others, including the "Official" site [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] (I'm sure Brad must be quite embarassed), is this:

Why the fuck doesn't everyone just believe ED? I really don't get it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Everyone has been starving for news from the Van Halen camp literally for YEARS, and when we finally get the scoop straight from the horse's mouth, people start calling him a LIAR??? Go Figure! After all the man's given us over the years, at the very least he should have our RESPECT! You know who you are - You Farging Bastages! I Fart in your general direction! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

What reasons would Ed have to lie about something like this? About CANCER? Please don't give me that crap about messages being cryptic - Fuck That! This explains EVERYTHING! DUH! Double DUH!

But, let's spread optimism instead of manure! Look at it this way friends - Val said he's doing well, Ed said "I'm healthier than ever and beating cancer". This sound's pretty damned good to me! Do you believe?

The first one that replies back saying I'm gullible, get's an automatic "Fuck You" in advance. You're welcome!

I've been quiet too long, don't piss me off [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 03, 2001 at 06:55 AM: Message edited by: I'LL WAIT ]
    <i>"The great controversy will be ended, and the Mighty Van Halen shall reign forever. Amen."</i>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I'LL WAIT:

Why the fuck doesn't everyone just believe ED? I really don't get it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Everyone has been starving for news from the Van Halen camp literally for YEARS, and when we finally get the scoop straight from the horse's mouth, people start calling him a LIAR??? What reasons would Ed have to lie about something like this? About CANCER? Please don't give me that crap about messages being cryptic - Fuck That! This explains EVERYTHING! DUH! Double DUH!

But, let's spread optimism instead of manure! Look at it this way friends - Val said he's doing well, Ed said "I'm healthier than ever and beating cancer". This sound's pretty damned good to me! Do you believe?

The first one that replies back saying I'm gullible, get's an automatic "Fuck You" in advance. You're welcome!

[ May 03, 2001 at 06:55 AM: Message edited by: I'LL WAIT ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you on this one, I'LL WAIT [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

You're gullible.

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ May 03, 2001 at 07:41 AM: Message edited by: TimPabs1 ]
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where can I find the link to the Val/Regis video???
    Chris

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I'LL WAIT:
    [QB]You know who you are - You Farging Bastages! I Fart in your general direction! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    What's a Farging Bastage [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
    What's a Farging Bastage [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A clean way of saying "Fucking Bastards"

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks TP1
    Chris

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANGEL4U:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never seen "Johnny Dangerously" , huh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

More or less came from that movie.

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

I feel a lot better after seeing Val on Regis, but help me out with this: Ed's statement last week stated that he is beating cancer, and expects to cancer free in the near future. On the other hand, Val said that remission wasn't even an issue, etc. Ok, those two statements don't seem to quite jive with each other.

Of course, it may not matter if Ed is really as healthy as we're hearing, but I just found the contradiction to be interesting.
    Over 17 years on the links!!
    ROLL DAMN TIDE!!
    First time I heard Unchained, I thought the lyrics were...."Blue-eyed mutha in a slashed white dress!"
    STAY FROSTY FRIENDS!