Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: MelodicRock.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

There's a bit at MelodicRock.com on Planet Us and Journey at the moment.

Nothing new really, but you might be keen to take a look...
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It just seems to me that some of the guys involved in the Planet Us project have other things going on and can't commit to it right now. One thing we know for sure is that Michael Anthony isn't one of those guys! Van Halen isn't doing shit right now!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, JMJ, what about this? I see your point that Deen and Neal couldn't care less about the project as their band is set. But, that was the case going into this. The only thing(s) that might have changed is the plans for Van Halen. Could it be that the hold up is that there have been some meetings between Hagar and the rest of VH? I would think that that would be as big a reason to put a hold on things as the fact that Journey is going back on the road and is continuing to function as a band (novel concept).

I know we're getting into the unsubstantiated rumor thing here but, the VHND report of Hagar at 5150 could have been true and there have been other things said that lend validity to that. For instance, (I know this isn't anything official but) MOJODOJO posted that he had talked to Ralph from the punks and asked when his joining VH would be official. And Ralph replied that Michael was working with Sam and was approaching Eddie about bringing him back. Has anyone confirmed this comment from Ralph because the way he said it (or was quoted) made it sound as though this was something that was going to happen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I told you guys at the beginning of all this that Planet Us was nothing more than an afternoon jam session while all the wives went out shopping [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That could be hain23x

I think it's pretty well known that Mike is gunning for Sammy to come back. Only time will tell.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Does anybody knows what's going on with anything VH-related these days??? As much as I enjoyed the Sam and Dave tour, I want to see some new material from these guys either with or without Van Halen. Although, I certainly wouldn't want another 'Not 4 Sale'.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

In the mood for OU812
    Favorite VH Song

"Mean Street"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 261 Times in 177 Posts

I have some connections to Deen Castronovo and Sammy said as far back as '93 he wanted to do an album together...but here it is 10 years later and nothin'.
    VAN HALEN
    7-7-15 Ridgefield, WA
    12-1-07 Portland, OR
    10-22-04 Seattle, WA
    10-19-04 Portland, OR
    8-13-04 Oakland, CA
    8-11-04 Sacramento, CA
    8-10-04 San Jose, CA
    8-7-04 Las Vegas, NV
    8-6-04 Las Vegas, NV
    7-10-98 Portland, OR
    9-15-95 Portland, OR
    8-18-93 Portland, OR

Sammy Hagar
    5-8-15 Lake Tahoe, NV
    5-2-08 Lake Tahoe, NV (w/ Michael Anthony)
    4-30-05 Lake Tahoe, NV (w/ Michael Anthony)
    4-29-05 Lake Tahoe, NV (w/ Michael Anthony)
    6-29-02 Gorge, WA
    10-13-99 Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    10-12-99 Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    10-9-99 Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    7-10-99 Portland, OR
    8-15-97 Eugene, OR

David Lee Roth
    8-19-05 Eugene, OR
    6-28-03 Tacoma, WA
    6-17-03 Portland, OR
    6-29-02 Gorge, WA
    9-2-01 Seattle, WA

Chickenfoot
    6-3-12 Portland, OR

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

not for nothin, but i'm tired of hearing about planet fucking us. big whoop. all we heard was how great this was gonna be and they can't even do it for one reason or another. just another letdown for people looking forward to the music these guys were supposed to make.

i say mikey does like 3 or 4 shows a month with the punks over the summer to give the vh fans somethin to look forward to. not knockin the punks bas splayer, but it'd be something to keep the vh fans interest, at least in the areas where the punks play.

ah who knows.

i mean, i can see sam and mike being the 2 main guys who wanna do planet us. i don't think deen and neal could give a shit. journey is working just fine for them and they're making money. mikey and sam still enjoy working together and obviously would like to continue doing so. wouldn't be surprised if mikey starts playin some dates in cabo again before planet us gets off the ground...if it ever does

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by Sean:
    Well, JMJ, what about this? I see your point that Deen and Neal couldn't care less about the project as their band is set. But, that was the case going into this. The only thing(s) that might have changed is the plans for Van Halen. Could it be that the hold up is that there have been some meetings between Hagar and the rest of VH?
    it's possible sean but who knows ya know? lol. i wouldn't hold my breath. could be that sammy is getting things ready for his summer tour with skynrd too.

we're talkin about a band that's been defunct for some time now. i mean absolutely without a doubt 110% off the radar. we've had one update on the official site since what, last may? almost 10 months? no one has seen alex since 1998. eddie we all know doesn't wanna talk. and mikey is out there trying to have some fun. mikey out there playing tells me this: that he's tired of waiting around and that he's also trying to show eddie how fun it was for him to play and that fans are still holding out hope for vh. that's just the vibe i get. i can be totally wrong.

mikey is a great guy. he takes the time to go out and play then sit and have drinks with the fans...i think that's a noble thing to do. hopefully he'll be doing his cinco de mayo party again this year! mikey's playing tells me he's done waiting around for ed and co. hopefully something will spark ed to come back

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

12.06.17 @ 09:27 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts

As always happens when you make a report, someone comes out from under a rock with an alternative update.
    So don't write Planet Us off quite yet - will hopefully have another update next week.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Mike himself said on the Mark & Brian Show I believe that he is lobbying for Sammy's return.
    By saying the word "lobbying" I can assume that he HAS talked to Ed about bringing Sammy back into the band. (The Mark & Brian Show has been a place where Van Halen news seems to be reported by the band first, it was there where Eddie and Alex first reported that Gary was 99.99999% in the band a fews years back.)
    If the rumor a few months ago about Ed, Al and Mike being at some restaurant were true, maybe they were discussing what to do.

As far as Planet Us goes, I was also one of the ones who didn't think that it would ever come to fruition. (toots horn)
    Journey hasn't done anything relevant as far as airplay goes since the mid 90's when they hooked back up with Steve Perry and "when You love a woman" was a moderate hit for them. I don't think that Dean or Neil are the hold up for this. I think that both are ready to rock out in a big way. So that then leads to Sammy and Mike as reasons, Sammy is in Cabo as far as we have heard recently, Mike jammed with the PUNKS a couple weeks ago. Something tells me that something is finally going on in Van Halen Land.

One question, is Cabo a popular spring break location for students out west? Reason for asking is, how would a Van Halen surprise concert at Cabo Wabo sound to commemorate with the 25th anniversary? [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Cabo is a popular place for hot bachelorettes looking for love and for college age spring breakers, but there's no way VH does a 25th anniversary show in CW.

VH is not relevant to today's music scene. Their influence and circle of fans is older than the college aged music lovers, but is dwindling down each & every day. Just watch...

Eventually VH will be headlining lake resort sports bars or MAYBE they'll agree to be a part of Poison's annual summer shed tour.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003