Thread: anYONE?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Is anyone out there as sick as I am over this high-school-bashing BULL-SHIT?
    I know everyone is frustrated, but the bashing> What bull-shit. I mean c'mon y'all, where's the love?
    I got the chance of seen' Sam & Dave in Tampa......Incredible-BOTH OF THEM!
    Lay off the neativity kids-----It ain't goin' to bring them back sooner.
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I agree partially. But, I have to admit that when some of these posters start in with such ludicrious B.S. I cannot help antagonizing them. This is supposed to be fun, but some of these people get way too sensitive. Any luck with the VH boots?
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i know what you mean, but i think everyone would like just alittle news on what may happen to vh.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 986 Times in 397 Posts

Originally posted by aftershock5:
    Is anyone out there as sick as I am over this high-school-bashing BULL-SHIT?
    I know everyone is frustrated, but the bashing> What bull-shit. I mean c'mon y'all, where's the love?
    I got the chance of seen' Sam & Dave in Tampa......Incredible-BOTH OF THEM!
    Lay off the neativity kids-----It ain't goin' to bring them back sooner.
    uh, speaking of negativity...this coming from the same person saying that dave being back in the band would be a tradgedy and they shouldn't waste their time and they should just call sam?

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

You've got it in for me JMJ. It's true, based on what i've seen, it would be a tragedy. Notice though that I have not bashed Dave in any way. Just an opinion man from what I've seen. Have you been lucky enough to see the current tour? There's no denying the difference. Call me biased, hypocrytical, whatever. I'm just reporting to the legion the truth. VH would be much better off w/ Sam. I'd love to see 'em both-NO DOUBT! But I'm telling you JMJ, Dave is done man. I know it sucks, but it is the truth. It would be a fucking embarrassment to have Dave on stage w/ such a great band. SUBSTANCE OVER SHOW MAN!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 986 Times in 397 Posts

You've got it in for me JMJ. It's true, based on what i've seen, it would be a tragedy. Notice though that I have not bashed Dave in any way. Just an opinion man from what I've seen. Have you been lucky enough to see the current tour? There's no denying the difference. Call me biased, hypocrytical, whatever. I'm just reporting to the legion the truth. VH would be much better off w/ Sam. I'd love to see 'em both-NO DOUBT! But I'm telling you JMJ, Dave is done man. I know it sucks, but it is the truth. It would be a fucking embarrassment to have Dave on stage w/ such a great band. SUBSTANCE OVER SHOW MAN!!!
    i don't have it in for you man...lol

i just think it's contadictory to say roth coming back is a tradgedy when you say you are tired of all the sam/dave bashing.

yes, i saw this tour and i had a blast. to behonest, the show i was at, sam got the bigger ovations. of course, mikey played with him, he closed, it was sam's hometown, and sam's sound people are better.

dave didn't "suck" to me. going there i was worried i might be embarassed because dave couldn't hack it anymore..he was fine to me, and many other people around me thought he did a damn good job as well.

substance over show? it's debateable. doing the same setlist on tour is anything far from substance, it's boring

besides, people went to see the classic line up for the show, not the substance.

you want sunstance you can pick up joe satriani, alan holdsworth, chuck berry, the beatles...that's substance. this is van halen..it's rock n roll. people want a show and dave can do that with van halen. he doesn't look like he used to and can't scream like he was 24 anymore but who cares. if the boys were playing behind him, i gurantee 95% of these quips we hear about dave would go away.

one thing's for sure...we know the sound wouldn't suck!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Y'all just quit your school girl whining and shut the fuck up!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Fuck you Zahzoo... It's a friendly debate.
    JMJ, PEACE man!! I get what your'e saying. Let's hope we can see someting soon man.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Everybody does seem a little touchy, and it's been that way for about 6 or 7 months. To me, all this talk of bashing is just an end around way to try and discredit someone's opinion.

Sure, there are a couple of assholes who spend hours each day thinking of how they could make "funny" slams with the intent of pissing people off. They're trolls. Fucking wastes of bandwidth. I've got Sammy Who? and TXwhatever in mind, specifically.

Is saying that a reunion with Dave would be tragic a bash? Or that Sammy's doing an infomercial? Neah, that's just a negative opinion. There's nothing wrong with negativity; anyone who's been purely positive about everything the past 6 years has to be one happy pills. It's sad when a discussion devolves into a "mommy, mommy I don't like what he said so it must be bashing," type of thing. It used to be that people put more thought into their posts, rather than just quickly labelling and categorizing a post without having an real intent to discuss. Things have changed. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Fuck you Zahzoo... It's a friendly debate.
    Indeed and within the context of a friendly debate exists room for humor and good natured ribbing... So lighten up McSlapnuts and watch those smiley's for humor alerts professor... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

. I'm just reporting to the legion the truth
    by aftershock-

you are not reporting the truth- you are reporting your OPINION...

now let the debate continue...
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"