Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I finally got a chance to read the exerpt from the Sammy book (they have a link at the Pleasure Dome). If nothing else, it certainly is a facinating read. I think it's interesting that it really humanizes the guys and shows them warts and all. It shows Eddie and Alex as the paranoid two-headed monster, Mike as the spineless man, Sammy as the older guy who leaves his devoted wife for the younger model and Ray Daniels shows up as Satan. It shows that even some of the most talented and likeable musicians on the planet weren't immune to power struggles, jealousies, and petty arguments that take place in every other office on the planet. One great thing about the part I read is how detailed it is about the financial aspect of things (percentages, publishing, choosing a manager, etc.) As it has been said many times I think that all sides involved see things from their point view and each person probably has what they genuinely feel is their version of the truth. If the boys are indeed back with Dave, they definitely had an enomorous web, financial and emotional, to untangle. I thought the chapter was a good read, and I'd really like to read a detailed version about what was going on during the recording of "Between Us Two". I know this has been discussed before, but I sure would be interested to hear what you guys thought of the Sammy book.

------------------
    "Eddie jumps!!!"

"I'm a spark on the horizon."

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Chapter 20 goes through the end of the Balance tour, and it's an interesting read also. I haven't seen Chapter 21 yet, but I'm guessing it would cover the Twister/BOV 1 sessions and the Van Hagar split. Hopefully it will surface soon.

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country
    EUAS 2001 : The Wrath of Roth

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Anyone know where to find other chapters? I couldn't put it down

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6.30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Big Trouble
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts

Well i'm a big VH backer, but i really believe a lot of the stuff written in that supposed chapter 20 of Sammy's book
    Ray Daniels is a fuck head,
    i just can't believe that shit about bon jovi being soo much bigger than vh in europe especially in like 95 and 96 oh well euros what do you expect hehee j/k

Sammy must have just left the band when he wrote this

------------------
    The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Sucks, Van Halen is too good for that disgraceful establishment! OUT!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Shit, I must be really out of touch here - I'vge never seen any chapters from Sammy's book. Is it for real? Will he release the entire book at some stage? Also where are these chapters located on the web?

------------------
    RD

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, the book is for real, Romeo. Sammy was writing it a while back and, for whatever reason, it was stopped before it was finished. Maya (Lead Synth) used to have some of it up on her webpage, but I believe he had to take it down.

The thing I like about it is, while Sammy never pointed the finger at himself, he at least didn't write himself as the total innocent victim in all things - his recount of the divorce is a pretty unflattering one for Sammy.

I wish he'd finish and release it sometime.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

07.01.06 @ 02:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to say but Bon Jovi sold 1995 in Finland about 25000 tickets ( olympia stadium . Van Halen 3 tour 1998 sold 4500
    tickets. Bon Jovi is crossover band VH not.