Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

ALL!!!
    Favorite VH Song

ALL!..Except "Loss of Control"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wrote Ray Luzier an email last week, and this is the reply I received when I got in tonight Note the second to the last question. Ray's responses are noted with an ">":

In a message dated 2/8/02 11:49:46 AM Pacific Standard Time, mikedamone@hotmail.com writes:

-Why did Bart leave? Not that I'm unhappy with Toshi joining, because I'm not. You get a gig with Dave, that's a once in a lifetime chance, so take it. Any exposure is good exposure.

> Political BS bro, but sometimes it's better to move on. He's a great friend of mine. Wait til you see Toshi- unbelievable writer, feel, riffs, everything!

-Where in Japan is Toshi from? I'm just curious.

> Osaka. He taught at a bunch of schools all over Japan for years. Yeah, I love it there- can't wait to go back this year, hopefully.

-Is the DLR Band coming to Southern California soon, or not? I've yet to see you guys live and in the flesh, except for a few bootleg vids I have, and I can't wait.

> Hopefully within the next 2 years. Trust me bro, I wanna play here bad!

-WTF is going on w/Dave and VH???

> Nothing that I know of. Dave's really excited about the new DVD and CD coming out in the next few months and touring with the new DLR Band, so that's good for us!!

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just a DLR/VH fan that's being inquisitive. Once again, you have a great site. Keep up the awesome work!

> No probs man, thanks for writin' and good luck in all you do...

Ray
    The Official Ray Luzier Website

So, even tho it's from Ray, there you go. That's the only "up-to-the-minute" news we have on Van Halen and Dave, as of this evening. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. Doesn't sound very promising, does it? Fuck..........
    "Are you the guy with the Van Halen tickets?"<br /><br />"I might be....."

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Tell me about it Mike. Hey, didn't you promise me tickets for Cheap Trick?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

This website is about 2 threads away from becoming the RayLuzierLinks.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:53 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

Originally posted by Mike Damone:
    -Is the DLR Band coming to Southern California soon, or not? I've yet to see you guys live and in the flesh, except for a few bootleg vids I have, and I can't wait.

&gt; Hopefully within the next 2 years. Trust me bro, I wanna play here bad!

-WTF is going on w/Dave and VH???

&gt; Nothing that I know of.
    I am not expecting a reunion to happen, but why would you allow yourself a 2 year period to play Southern California?

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Roshambo:
    I am not expecting a reunion to happen, but why would you allow yourself a 2 year period to play Southern California?
    My guess is with the leaving of Bart Walsh there's a lot of changing and re-doing. Plus if this guy is as good as they say he is, I would imagine Dave and his band are re-writing ,re-recording the songs they did with Bart, PLUS all new stuff with Toshi. Not to mention all video's.

Instead of a spring release, we'll get an early to mid-summer (hopefully) at the earliest!

Followed by an extended tour over the next two years...That's the plan, at least....
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Sorry to be Mr. Negative here.

But is there enough interest in Dave solo to warrant a 1 1/2 - 2 year long tour?
    Call me naive but I don't think so.

He should abandon the DLR BAND name and either call it David Lee Roth or come up with a new name.

"hopefully in 2 years" That can open up a whole lot of speculation. And alot can happen in 2years.

Could there be a VH reunion tour planned, then maybe thats it and time for Dave and VH to finally go there separate paths. Maybe they will do a reunion tour with no new material and they will play the "3 astonishing tunes" and MWM & CGTSNM as their newest stuff.
    That would likely carry them up until or just after the Hall Of Fame ceremony. Which brings up another question.
    Do they get in in their first year of eligabilty?
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Eddymon:
    Sorry to be Mr. Negative here.

But is there enough interest in Dave solo to warrant a 1 1/2 - 2 year long tour?
    Call me naive but I don't think so.

He should abandon the DLR BAND name and either call it David Lee Roth or come up with a new name.

"hopefully in 2 years" That can open up a whole lot of speculation. And alot can happen in 2years.

Could there be a VH reunion tour planned, then maybe thats it and time for Dave and VH to finally go there separate paths. Maybe they will do a reunion tour with no new material and they will play the "3 astonishing tunes" and MWM & CGTSNM as their newest stuff.
    That would likely carry them up until or just after the Hall Of Fame ceremony. Which brings up another question.
    Do they get in in their first year of eligabilty?
    I believe there is enough interest for Dave to tour all over the world in that time, he did tour for 6 months from 1999 - 2000, and that was mostly the states and some of Europe...so if he does all of Europe, Japan, Australia, he can keep busy....

I also Guarantee that Dave will call the next release David Lee Roth....as he should...

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

Thanks for the info. Now that I have a DVD player, I'm really looking forward to Dave's new DVD and CD.

VH reunion w/ DLR? Doesn't look like it will happen soon.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    Originally posted by Eddymon:
    I believe there is enough interest for Dave to tour all over the world in that time, he did tour for 6 months from 1999 - 2000, and that was mostly the states and some of Europe...so if he does all of Europe, Japan, Australia, he can keep busy....

I also Guarantee that Dave will call the next release David Lee Roth....as he should...
    I also GUARANTEE this New DVD will have a Japanese/Zen Theme!

Watch For It! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    Dave can play larger bars and clubs indefinately. I can't see him doing a full-time, extended tour however. The guy wore himself out at both shows I saw last summer, and scheduled large breaks between appearances. That's pretty much what's to be expected from someone his age.

He'd be a fool not to call it that. DLR Band was a very poor moniker for that last "band." It was a studio-musician project that he didn't even hire a bass player for. He hurt his sales by not using what name recognition he had left.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeL:
    Dave can play larger bars and clubs indefinately. I can't see him doing a full-time, extended tour however. The guy wore himself out at both shows I saw last summer, and scheduled large breaks between appearances. That's pretty much what's to be expected from someone his age.
    I think Dave was just being careful not to wear himself out in case the reunion happened, but you could be right. He looked great for the entire show I saw. He didn't look tired at all.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

He was taking a knee pretty often near the end of both shows. He's a pro and masks it well, but he was definately worn out by the end of each show. That's not a bad thing at all! If I'm paying $25 or $40 to see him front a cover band, I want him to finish the show with nothing left in the tank.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I loved it at the end when he was spinning that rod like a samuri sword. Man that show was awesome!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Glenn:
    This website is about 2 threads away from becoming the RayLuzierLinks.
    Well.... none of the former Van Halen members are saying anything, and Ray seems to have elected himself the temporary spokesman for the DLR Band. So by default, he's the only one remotely connected to Van Halen saying anything.

Think Brett might change the site to DLR Band Links??
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by MikeL:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DLR'sCock:

He'd be a fool not to call it that. DLR Band was a very poor moniker for that last "band." It was a studio-musician project that he didn't even hire a bass player for. He hurt his sales by not using what name recognition he had left.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Dave tired???? You're kidding right??? He didn't look tired form where I was and i was about 12 feet away...