Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

"5150"
    Favorite VH Song

"Summer nights"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know the last 4 years have been mournful on the VH Front but honestly, I've got an idea something is going to happen in 2003. As soon as I saw the photo of Ed with Adam Sandler recently, I had this notion that Ed has that look again, the rock 'n' roll look. He might be thin but hes holding a guitar and he was smiling. Thats the Ed I've been wanting to see for a long long time. I know I've stated before that Van Halen is over, but next year is their 25th anniversary and I have a feeling Eds got something hidden up his sleeve. I have a gut feeling a Best of Vol II or a Anthology is on the way. It would be a great way to celebrate such a legacy, but what I would love is Sam and Mike to finish the Planet us project, forget about touring and enter 5150 to record an album, go for a major label and put out an album in time for a summer 2004 tour. Call me what you like, but Sam has a better chance of coming back than Dave has, I'll be crucified for this, but thats what I see if all goes well with Eds health. C'mon VH, the world is boring.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

DLR will return in 2003. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Let's cover all the bases... we'll have news by Ground-hog day... no no no... they will appear at NAMM... no no no... MTV Music awards... Dave will return... no no no Sammy will return... no no no Ed finally says fuck it and we'll get that Tribute to Tiny Tim featuring Edward Van Halen's new Tuba Troupe!!!! That's the ticket!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

deja-vu, deja-vu, deja-vu...is this 2001, 2002, or 2003. The Song remains the same my friend, but the story never ends...
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My Prediction: Nothing will happen.
    I've got the cure you're thinking of.<br />------------------<br />Remixed! Van Halen covers done by my band: <br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Dreams.mp3" target="_blank">Dreams</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Panama.mp3" target="_blank">Panama</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Unchained.mp3" target="_blank">Unchained</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/AtomicPunk.mp3" target="_blank">Atomic Punk</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/SomebodyGetMeADoctor.mp3" target="_blank">Somebody Get Me a Doctor</a><br /><br />NEW: Burning Tires and Dr. Love:<br /><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/HearAboutItLater.mp3" target="_blank">Hear About It Later</a>

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

While I still maintain that it's unlikely anything will happen involving DLR, I'd have to agree with Dr. Love and say that nothing significant will happen in 2003. Of course all of that could change with induction into the Rock n' Roll HOF but it will be another MTV music awards deal in my opinion. They'll trot one or both of the first two singers out in front of everyone in hopes that it will promote sales of the BOVH2 release. There may be a couple of unreleased tracks on it from both singers to wet the appetite but, I doubt anything will come of it unless there is a live performance somewhere involving either DLR or SH. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.05.07 @ 03:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have spent the last few years anticipating a reunion...

2001- Ed announces cancer and Dave gives a very sincere get well message to Ed. Everyone thinks they are getting along and a reunion is anticipated. Nothing happened...

2002-Sam and Dave go on tour. Sam constantly says that a VH reunion with him as frontman is "inevedable"...Nothing happened

My prediction for 2003 is...alot of talk with no action. Even if they do reunite, it's been so long that it just doesn't matter...

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

bah hahahahahaha!!!

My prediction: The same thing that happened in 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
    As much as I love Van Halen, they have simply been out of the public eye too long, besides us "die hard" fans here, does anyone even care? Like it or not, there are so many "flavor of the day" bands (ie, POD, SOAD, etc), that Van Halen are just not appealing.

I would LOVE nothing more for the band (in any form) to put something out, but here are the obstacles they face:
    1) Lead singer - Who are they going to get? They can't work with DLR, in fact, nobody can. Sammy would be good, but there is so much bad blood that I don't think they could get past it. Not to mention fans who just wouldn't accept a singer even if they could levatate. Heck, I don't care! Just put out some material!
    2) Management - They don't have a manager or a touring manager.
    3) Record deal - For as many years as VH has laid low, this will work against them. Who would want to sign a band who can't keep a singer and hasn't put anything out in nearly 5 years.
    4) Health issues - Between Edward's cancer (in remission), and Alex's "chemical problems" can they really put out music, work together (as a band), and most importantly, tour? I have had friends and family members battle cancer, and even when it is in remission, you really don't get 100% of your energy back.

Keep in mind, this is my OPINION, I would LOVE for the band to put something, anyting out in 2003, but I am so used to not hearing from VH, that I have just moved on in terms of listening to music. I can't sit around and wait forever for them to release a CD and or tour. Sadly, I don't think I am alone.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the One
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, all you fuckers that are plagiarizing my prediction: Get your own, or cite me!!!!

Don't make me go EVH on your asses...
    I've got the cure you're thinking of.<br />------------------<br />Remixed! Van Halen covers done by my band: <br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Dreams.mp3" target="_blank">Dreams</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Panama.mp3" target="_blank">Panama</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/Unchained.mp3" target="_blank">Unchained</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/AtomicPunk.mp3" target="_blank">Atomic Punk</a><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/SomebodyGetMeADoctor.mp3" target="_blank">Somebody Get Me a Doctor</a><br /><br />NEW: Burning Tires and Dr. Love:<br /><br /><a href="http://miraclefingers.synaesoft.com/HearAboutItLater.mp3" target="_blank">Hear About It Later</a>

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Dr. Love:
    Hey, all you fuckers that are plagiarizing my prediction: Get your own, or cite me!!!!

Don't make me go EVH on your asses...
    LMFAO

[ December 03, 2002, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think a fourth singer is in the works...

I think Mike would like to have Sam rejoin...but all of Sam's kissing EVH's ass lately reeks of "controlled" desparation...not a good sign...

Roth has absolutely zero chance...the sooner he gets back to a hard "DLR Band" style band, the better. Personally I think Roth will go down as the most stupidest business man in the history of rock n' roll...his inability to lessen the "schtick" to facilitate a VH reunion will haunt him in the future. If I was Roth, I would swallow my ego-inflated pride and get an apology into EVH, so we can get the real VH back to the road.

This whole hold up, when you really analysis it, is 100% Roth's fault...he is the one who could solve it literally in a week, but his pride and ego are blocking his brain....what a fucking idiot...oh well...

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Hopefully, the band will be back in 2003, but not just because of an induction into the RRHOF. If and when all the red tape and lawyers are done with, it is my hope that these 5 guys who made so much music that so many of us dug, can get it together to do it right as Michael has said.

If Dave is the hold-up, as much as I have always wanted him back in VH, I would hope he could see that the future is limited for all of them at best, at least as far as being competitive in today's formula music world. VH can still make great music with Dave and Sammy in the studio. How that music would translate live, all depends on how live they actually record the music. Dave's voice grooves when Ed and Mike tune down half a step, and live it might even help to drop a whole step down.

It's called playing to your strengths and co-operating to do the best job a group of people can do. Maximize your chance for success.

That is probably one of the reasons VHIII didn't do any better. Of course, there was the backlash from Dave being "in" then "out". Then add in the fact, many fans already had some type of vision in their minds of who nd what Gary Cherone was, and to many, he was the "More than Words" guy. But the main thing to me, is Gary was asked to sing out of his normal comfort zone, and at times he did sound strained, and the higher range he sang in did at times cause him to sound like the Red Rocker.

After Dave and Sammy did this last tour, and didn't kill each other, I just don't see why they can't all go out together, if the music does indeed still move them all. I would want new music, even if it is was a cd of half Dave and half Sammy.

Everything could done and in the can for all we know, and the only thing holding it all up at this point are the legalaties. Whatever the case, Eddie looked really good in the pic with Adam Sandler, and whatever he, Alex and Mike choose to do, will have to do.

It will rock alot of people's worlds. And it will piss off a few people. Or it could rock a few people and piss off alot of people. Whatever happens, if something does happen, it means that it was cool enough that it did make Eddie, Alex and Michael happy in doing it. Playing music with other people has to be fun and make you happy, if it ever has before. Once you've felt that joy of it being something special, nothing less will do, if you truly care about your music.

It doesn't have to be anyone. At this point, I would take a jam record over nothing, because the guys in VH can lay down some killer grooves. Mean Street is as wicked of a groove as has ever been written. As long as it's fun for them, it will be for a great many of us. And trust me, that will be fine with Eddie. He wants the people at the shows to be diggin' it too, so if people can't get on board with whatever they choose to do singer wise, stay the fuck at home. The pissed off attitude would do nothing but bring down the mood of the rest of the crowd. Whatever they do, should be a celebration of life and music, after all Eddie has been through in the past coupld of years. If you can't dig it, don't be a part of it. We'll manage just fine without you.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now it's time to really get back to the music and fun.....so party on and you'll be hearing from us very soon.

All my love,
    Eddie

If VH doesn't do something with Hagar this winter for spring summer release I doubt he will be back. Hagar would be pushing 57 by Summer 2004. I would think Eddie would want the next singer to be around for at least 2 cd and I don't see Hagar being a viable option for much longer.

I would be shocked if Eddie got back with Roth but it isn't out of the question. I just don't think they can get along.

Would love to see the Sam and Dave show with the brothers next summer with some new music but I doubt this too.

We know Hagar and Anthony are working on the Planet Us disc (at least we have been told they would be) for a spring release and with any luck a summer tour.

But all of this isn't even good guess work because I doubt Eddie knows what he wants to do next.
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got off the phone with Miss Cleo withe her perdiction...she said ....."No News Is Good News"
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seriously ...I predict something will happen sometime [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] (maybe) But if I had to make a wager I sure in hell wouldn't bet the farm on it
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...