Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.02.12 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First, did u notice that when they showed "Jump" it read on one side Van Halen and on the other it said "with David Lee Roth". that makes no sense. then i was over at DLR links. and Knucklebonez was makin the observation that maybe vh was approached about unveiling the reunion at the awards. and vh declined , which is why mtv attacked them. i know mtv is smart enough not to seriously include vh among gerardo, hammer, etc. if any u could show duran duran, lita ford, winger. i felt mtv was tryin to get back at vh. one thing i believe is that back in 96, mtv had the reunion thing planned for the 96 show well in advance. why else would they have the "welcome back" thing. i think they did that partly cuz they still admired dave, and also cuz it was part of gettin ready for the 96 show. this time around vh declined cuz the time was bad. and mtv got pissed. my opinion is: even if vh was ready i dont think they should have done it at the mtv awards, only because they look out of place among the boy bands and rap groups. BUT if they performed they might wipe the floor with them, so maybe that would have been nice.

------------------
    Only adventures that I regret are the ones I missed - DLR

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

09.26.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 76 Posts

I don't think that MTV's planning it's future with Van Halen at the moment. Why? First of all, they're good musicians. Second, they have no silicon titties. Third, their lead singer lost all his hair, which makes VH useless to promote as a boyband.

Well, I think that Van Halen doesn't need MTV to make a succesful reunion. They have a solid fanbase, and with DLR, a lot of curious people will buy the new album. They will never sell as much albums as the teenie-retort-bands, but if they'll make good music, I'm sure that the album will sell better than VH3 and Balance. DLR gets a lot of fans back, I promise.

Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's how I see it. Yes, I saw it said Van Halen with David Lee Roth and that theory about them blowing MTV off when it came to making an appearance could very well be true. Really petty, sour grapes on MTV's part if it is true. As for their status if Roth returns: HUGE, plain and simple. Could it surpass The Eagles as the most successful reunion as all time? I think so. I'd even go as far to say, that marketed right and given the right buzz, it could surpass Steel Wheels as the most successful tour of all time. Will MTV take note? Yes, to that also. Van Halen helped build MTV and they will be a hot commodity again. Keep this is mind, I checked my sister's Rolling Stone that had the summer tour thing on the front and the most successful tour out there is Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Yet MTV has COMPLETELY ignored that. Why? Think about it, I like Bruce but he was never an MTV staple. (more power to him, on that note.) Dancing In The Dark and Glory Days were the only two videos of his that ever received any airplay on eMpTV and that was due to the fact he was at his absolute commercial peak at that time. So MTV never really paid attention to him then, so why now? Van Halen is different, their impact on MTV can't be denied and I think MTV will have no choice but to kiss their ass. We'll see it for what it truly is, but none the less, when Roth comes back, Kurt Loder will be doing nothing short of offering them blow jobs when he's interviewing them.

------------------
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule!

Proud member of the Dirty Faced Kids!

Up The Irons!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.20.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts

Donor

I seen the.. "with David Lee Roth" They know Van Halen is still with us. But Van Halen ...with David Lee Roth, most people are sad that they are not still with us.
    Officially they're not..as of yet anyways.
    They knew better than just to say Van Halen. Even Wtv doesn't have the balls to do that.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ya! that was stupid..... and you know what else is weird?
    when robert dinero and ben stiller came out to introduce the chili peppers they came out to the song.... mean street!
    mtv blows....

------------------
    *Might As Well Go For A Soda!* - Kim Mitchell '84

http://surf.to/atomicpunk