Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

Thread: hit and miss

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ive seen some posts about dave or dave era van halen leaving out a line or some words in their live songs...that is just something that happens at alot of live shows no matter who it is. in a studio it takes alot of time (usually) to get songs perfect; while performing live,if you miss,or leave something out its best to keep going,theres just one take...
    you know how it is...theres alot of things goin on,and you mioght not be in a tip-top state of mind if you know what i mean.

[This message has been edited by nightprowler_01 (edited September 19, 2000 at 11:12 PM).]

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

I totally agree with the notion that Dave was erratic live when it came to his vocals, and perhaps I am so quick to forgive him because I'm a fan. But to hear DLR Van Halen live is to hear a band that personified the recklessness of rock and roll. And that's a recklessness that only comes from youth, and energy, and passion. The energy that is in those live VH recordings from that era is very hard (impossible) to find in music these days, so I enjoy it.

You know, we need contrasts in life. You know when the sky is black because you've seen that same sky when it was blue. I don't expect Dave to be anybody other than who he is, nor do I expect other singers (Sam, Gary, or anyone else) to be Dave. It's a big molecule, there's room for everyone.